RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

People who want to race you

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-18, 06:39 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts
Default People who want to race you

So I am driving my wife out this afternoon on a shopping trip. There is a light near my house that has 2 lanes and in less than an 1/8 of a mile from the light it narrows into one. So I am sitting in the right lane waiting for the red to turn green. I see this old dude with a beard in a Tundra hanging back rolling slowly in the left lane. I am also an old grey hair. So I know he is going to race. I think I should just let him go, a Tundra truck, I know I can smoke him. The teenage idiot in me turns on and the light turns green.

He has a rolling start and pulls me off the green, but I smoke him. By the time the lanes merge he is way behind. But he is not finished, he goes postal, races by me over double yellow and almost wipes out making a left turn ahead of me onto a side street. Total lunatic.

Anyway I say out loud to my wife, "What an idiot." She says what are you talking about? I say we just got in a street race and won then the guy went a bit postal. She was texting the entire time and literally missed it. Wow.

Last edited by CAHWY128; 07-07-18 at 06:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CAHWY128:
ba2sy (07-09-18), shadow1118 (07-18-18)
Old 07-07-18, 06:51 PM
2Squared
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Get it all the time with Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers. The old man in me just laughs and let em go.
Old 07-07-18, 06:54 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2Squared
Get it all the time with Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers. The old man in me just laughs and let em go.

This is not my first fast car and I normally let people go, today I didn't.
Old 07-08-18, 08:42 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Hehe....I know the temptation.

In the Deep South where my RCF is located there are often these diesel full size pickup trucks with modded ECU where they can floor it and make "coal" with real dark soot coming out of the tail pipe and just to irritate the vehicles behind them. In these situations, I just press the gas just a little bit to stay ahead of the stupid diesel pickup truck!! Some of these modded diesel pickup trucks can really move from standing still due to all that low end torque!!

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
So I am driving my wife out this afternoon on a shopping trip. There is a light near my house that has 2 lanes and in less than an 1/8 of a mile from the light it narrows into one. So I am sitting in the right lane waiting for the red to turn green. I see this old dude with a beard in a Tundra hanging back rolling slowly in the left lane. I am also an old grey hair. So I know he is going to race. I think I should just let him go, a Tundra truck, I know I can smoke him. The teenage idiot in me turns on and the light turns green.

He has a rolling start and pulls me off the green, but I smoke him. By the time the lanes merge he is way behind. But he is not finished, he goes postal, races by me over double yellow and almost wipes out making a left turn ahead of me onto a side street. Total lunatic.

Anyway I say out loud to my wife, "What an idiot." She says what are you talking about? I say we just got in a street race and won then the guy went a bit postal. She was texting the entire time and literally missed it. Wow.
Old 07-08-18, 04:29 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I try to just ignore the idiots and let them go.. I am not risking my car or tickets.. In Ontario if your 50km/h over the limit and get caught the cops can seize your car for 7 days... No thanks!
Old 07-08-18, 04:38 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Modded STi, Genesis 3.8, 335, even a Civic with a few kids etc. are a few cars that were messing a bit. I was quietly cruising with my wife and 3 year old daughter in the back in the slow lane. We simply laugh about it. I know my car has that "don't mess with me" look especially from the back with that super wide stance in the back of my head so I feel very comfortable cruising slowly.
Old 07-08-18, 04:39 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Originally Posted by brendanf
I try to just ignore the idiots and let them go.. I am not risking my car or tickets.. In Ontario if your 50km/h over the limit and get caught the cops can seize your car for 7 days... No thanks!

I get it.

I will say California has become lawless. It would just take bad luck or a speed trap to get caught here. They literally do "side shows" where they take over the entire freeway and do burn outs and the CHP is powerless. There is a video of the CHP fleeing mobs of reckless drivers. California is a mess.

Link below to give an idea of what a side show is.

http://abc7news.com/police-break-up-...kland/3033134/

Last edited by CAHWY128; 07-08-18 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-09-18, 08:36 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Totally nuts!!!

If that happened in any other states, all of them will be arrested, fined, and jailed!!

I get it.

I will say California has become lawless. It would just take bad luck or a speed trap to get caught here. They literally do "side shows" where they take over the entire freeway and do burn outs and the CHP is powerless. There is a video of the CHP fleeing mobs of reckless drivers. California is a mess.

Old 07-09-18, 09:42 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

i get trucks doing that all the time
Old 07-09-18, 11:39 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I get it.

Thats crazy.. But that is the old mob mentality.. Toronto is having some rare incidents with that stuff but the cops are having great success tracking them down and laying charges..
Old 07-10-18, 07:48 PM
mirza
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Had an M4(he was faster after the turbos spooled up)
Mustang(I was faster)
C7 vette(I felt like I was standing)
Challenger SRT(destroyed him)
and my favorite: CLS63s (Grandpa destroyed me, NO CHANCE... twice)
oh yes a panigale 959 gave me a huge head start. Just as I was about to rip a huge smile he flew by
Old 07-10-18, 09:32 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I get it.

Lol this just happened a few days ago -
Old 07-11-18, 03:32 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Proud Cummins Owner Here!

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Hehe....I know the temptation.

In the Deep South where my RCF is located there are often these diesel full size pickup trucks with modded ECU where they can floor it and make "coal" with real dark soot coming out of the tail pipe and just to irritate the vehicles behind them. In these situations, I just press the gas just a little bit to stay ahead of the stupid diesel pickup truck!! Some of these modded diesel pickup trucks can really move from standing still due to all that low end torque!!
Along w my new RCF I also own a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 w the 5.9 Cummins, that I bought brand new the week I returned from Iraq. I've dumped thousands into the truck even before it left the dealership in SoCal. I'm NOT one of those fools out there "Rolling Coal" as calit's called, but with the On The Fly, Edge Tuner I have on my dash, I can bump it up to Level 6 and smoke (no pun) most anyone w this 8k pd truck! You're absolutely right, they put out so much torque I can spool all 4 tires in 4WD if I wanted to.

The only joy I get is when you find those impatient drivers who zig zag in and out of all lanes without using signals, and when pulling alongside their Fast & Furious cars - I crank up the setting on Edge to fill their open windows full of black smoke! LMFAO. Yeah its juvenile, but some folks just deserve it once in awhile. Especially those who go out of their way to cut people off, run the merge lane all the way til end before cutting in, and give you the infamous "Brake Check" if your too close behind them. Let em eat smoke!

Sorry OP, Now back to the regular RCF station!!!

Old 07-11-18, 06:28 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by mirza
Had an M4(he was faster after the turbos spooled up)
Mustang(I was faster)
Challenger SRT(destroyed him)
and my favorite: CLS63s (Grandpa destroyed me, NO CHANCE... twice)
oh yes a panigale 959 gave me a huge head start. Just as I was about to rip a huge smile he flew by
Hopefully that C7 was a Z06 and not a reg stingray....

V.
Old 07-11-18, 01:02 PM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mirza
I laughed too hard at this. Sounds like a Z06. I don’t think a stingray could do that to our RCFs.

Last edited by Bluecarbon; 07-11-18 at 01:13 PM.