RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Doug Demuro: Here’s Why the Lexus RC-F Has Been a Total Flop

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-18, 01:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by TXgearhead

I hope no one here buys the M3/4. It sounds like ******, isn’t reliable, doesn’t hold its value, and will be replaced soon. The fact that you have a problem with a competitor being better than your car in a measure of performance is the problem.

The RCF is a great car. It fits what most performance oriented Lexus buyers were looking for and it has reliability the Germans couldn’t dream of, but in a straight line, stock vs stock or modified vs modified the BMW wins. And come on dude, it’s 2018 tons of cars run 11s now, not just supercars.

Here are the numbers since you ask for them:
-competely stock on 93 octane from a reputable magazine (C&D): 12.0 @119.3 mph
-completely stock on 103 octane: 11.66 https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9#post16760346
-tune only: 11.0 @ 126 mph https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DdBNiIepg2g
-current record: 9.8 @ 145 https://youtu.be/PzQ188rj8dM

That is why I posted that video. It shows on the same day, same track with the same track traction compound, a true 11 seconds car will run quicker than its magazine time. For example, on the same race track side by side, if an M4 runs 11.8 stock, the GTR stock will run 10.7 - 10.8 seconds bone stock because of the added traction with the compound prep'ed track. Difference will remain constant. Who with common sense would believes a 10 speed automatic will run 0.8 seconds quicker than the identical version of this car with 6 speed manual?

The video I posted above, shows a HUGE difference between a low-11s GTR and an M4 (and RCF). A few tenths, is a few car lengths. This is way more than 1 seconds difference. Same day, same surface and same temperature.

My stating that a rival is better than your car in some areas sure sets you off. The word fanboy comes to mind.

I guess, I must be a fanboy for questioning you posting a tuned + race gas M4 video as stock?

At least, I own an RCF and understand my car's capabilities rather than being delusional about a car that I don't own or don't know anything about. What do you drive or you simply are lurking this site to just make a mockery out of the thread?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-24-18 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-24-18, 02:05 PM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That is why I posted that video. It shows on the same day, same track with the same track traction compound, a true 11 seconds car will run quicker than its magazine time. For example, on the same race track side by side, if an M4 runs 11.8 stock, the GTR stock will run 10.7 - 10.8 seconds bone stock. Difference will remain constant. You are the gullible one here who believes a 10 speed automatic will run 0.8 seconds quicker than the identical version of this car with 6 speed manual.

The video I posted above, shows a HUGE difference between a low-11s GTR and an M4 (and RCF). If you truly believe it is just a few tenths, that is even more laughable than I thought.

At least, I own an RCF and understand my car's capabilities rather than being delusional about a car that I don't own or don't know anything about. What do you drive or you simply are lurking this site to just make a mockery out of the thread?
You realize that you posted a video of an AWD car vs two RWD cars on non prepped pavement right?? LOL. The trap speed is what you should be looking at.

I worked for Lexus while I was in college, very familiar with the brand and the RCF. I have driven 3 RCFs in the past few years.

Since you want to have a measuring contest, here is my 668 whp CTS-V 10.44 @134
, also have a modded 2018 C43, stock 2013 LS460 in the family, and used to own a modded 06 IS350 that I loved. We may get an RC350 here soon.

I’m going to move on from this thread as you seem to attack every comment that doesn’t praise the RCF, which means you are a fanboy and that’s fine.

Best of luck.

Last edited by TXgearhead; 07-24-18 at 02:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ragingf80 (07-25-18)
Old 07-24-18, 02:12 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Cmon. Time To Move On

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That is why I posted that video. It shows on the same day, same track with the same track traction compound, a true 11 seconds car will run quicker than its magazine time. For example, on the same race track side by side, if an M4 runs 11.8 stock, the GTR stock will run 10.7 - 10.8 seconds bone stock because of the added traction with the compound prep'ed track. Difference will remain constant. Who with common sense would believes a 10 speed automatic will run 0.8 seconds quicker than the identical version of this car with 6 speed manual?

The video I posted above, shows a HUGE difference between a low-11s GTR and an M4 (and RCF). A few tenths, is a few car lengths. This is way more than 1 seconds difference. Same day, same surface and same temperature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwXkM4QSLb8

I guess, I must be a fanboy for questioning you posting a tuned + race gas M4 video as stock?

And on that note....
Close this ridiculous thread down please!!

Was going to ask WTF it's still going on about, but saw that question 15 posts ago! Like I said. This is comical. Shut it off or it'll go on past the 2020 RCF changes!
Old 07-24-18, 02:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by TXgearhead

You realize that you posted a video of an AWD car vs two RWD cars on non prepped pavement right?? LOL. The trap speed is what you should be looking at.

Even if it was a prep'ed track, the GTR would simply vanish stock for stock. The difference is at least around 1 seconds no matter what. Maybe, a couple of car lengths less aggressively, it will not account for the massive difference it had with the RCF and M4 stock. Even for MT or RT PCOTY head-to-head comparison, RCF and M4 were within 0.2 - 0.4 seconds of each other. IMCHIA has a video of him hanging dead-even from a roll with a stock M4 while he had an exhaust.

I’m going to move on from this thread as you seem to attack every comment that doesn’t praise the RCF, which means you are a fanboy and that’s fine.

Best of luck.

Bye. I would be a fanboy, if I were trying to prove my car is better than another car. I don't believe RCF is better than an M4 unless it is interior, engine noise, reliability etc. M4 is tuned better for the track while RCF offers better balance. I am just questioning the videos you post. Next time, instead of disrespecting and calling me a "fanboy", learn the lesson of not posting a modified car video as bone stock in an attempt to exaggerate the difference.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-24-18 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-24-18, 02:13 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

To say the M4 wins even if the RCF was modified is misleading and fanboyish. "Run what you brung" and you don't know what the other guy has under the hood. Claiming stock is another story. Supercharged RCF are low 11, high 10 also, but trapping higher than 126 and WITHOUT launch control, which is useless from a roll. No rules with modded cars as cash is the limiting factor. Someone with deep pockets could build the RCF block, lower compression and turn up boost and the same can be done to BMW. That's why true racers don't say things like that. That last video was cut before the official time was shown. You know what that means.

We should stick to stock vs stock where enough proven data exists.
Old 07-24-18, 03:04 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 315 Likes on 173 Posts

Wish someone would kill this thread already. Lol. The only one who has won here is Doug DeMuro and he's laughing all the way to the bank. That's why he is a master at what he does. Create a provocative review that would create intense controversy, sit back, bring out the popcorn and watch the blood letting along with bruised ego's duke it out.
Old 07-24-18, 03:08 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
Wish someone would kill this thread already. Lol. The only one who has won here is Doug DeMuro and he's laughing all the way to the bank. That's why he is a master at what he does. Create a provocative review that would create intense controversy, sit back, bring out the popcorn and watch the blood letting along with bruised ego's duke it out.
I enjoyed the attacks and heated discussion here, so I will bid you a "IB4TL"
Old 07-24-18, 04:25 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

Great thread! I am off to Youtube to watch Mustangs get wrecked leaving car and coffee events.
The following users liked this post:
ragingf80 (07-25-18)
Old 07-24-18, 07:31 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
Great thread! I am off to Youtube to watch Mustangs get wrecked leaving car and coffee events.
That's one of the few cars that I've Never owned, but man do they get some Bad (guess if I looked at all the crashes on youtube they wouldn't be considered Bad though, maybe justified) raps when leaving those car get togethers! Lol

Last edited by johnnyreb; 07-24-18 at 07:39 PM.