RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Goodies!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 07:19 AM
lilbatman
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The carbon fiber steering wheel looks sick, I hate the look of the stock shift ****. I can't wait to change it out.
Old 05-18-20, 04:33 PM
latachat
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I totally agree on his work!

Forgive my bluntness, but exactly what is it you do for a living M? Your taste for the extreme Carbon Fiber equals what I once had on my line of high end Ducati's! Stunning!
he did my CF mirrors (replacement kind not cheap overlay with 3M tape) and the work was flawless, so I pulled the trigger on this one and this looks amazing!!! Look for him on IG at Elvin_6188, I've seen othe>******* ***** ******* steering wheels he's done in person and the quality is top notch. It's a tad more pricey than some other places that sell these steering wheels, but he uses OEM Lexus parts so thats why the quality is so high and why I chose to go with him. Also, no one else offers the carbon paddle shifters and full carbon shift **** and I personally think they are bad freaking ***!!!

Last edited by latachat; 05-18-20 at 09:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (05-18-20)
Old 05-18-20, 05:12 PM
arruda89
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

elvins work

The following 2 users liked this post by arruda89:
1wacko (05-19-20), BossMoss (05-18-20)
Old 05-22-20, 09:51 AM
JDMJim
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Elvin Wong ?

Im new to the RC F world but i need this Elvin Wong CF treatment, how can i get ahold of him to buy this stuff?

Thanks, Jimmy
Old 05-22-20, 02:36 PM
hoodee
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow Elvin Wong Carbon Contact

Elvin Wong Carbon @ elvin6188@gmail.com
OR Facebook---Elvin Wong Carbon
Wonderful to work with. Knows his stuff & is on top of it.
The following 3 users liked this post by hoodee:
BossMoss (05-22-20), JDMJim (05-22-20), Yri (05-22-20)
Old 05-22-20, 02:37 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMJim
Im new to the RC F world but i need this Elvin Wong CF treatment, how can i get ahold of him to buy this stuff?

Thanks, Jimmy
Direct message on Instagram is the best. He responds quickly. "Elvin Carbon Fiber" is his name on IG now.
JDMJim (05-22-20)
Old 05-22-20, 02:43 PM
Yri
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMJim

Thanks, Jimmy
I believe his contact email is elvin6188@gmail.com... or his singnet which would be south@singnet.com.sg.
JDMJim (05-22-20)
Old 06-05-20, 08:23 PM
thanhsayz
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Really digging the carbon wheel. When I see the red pieces, it reminds me that maybe I should have waited to find a white with red interior....
Old 06-11-20, 08:49 AM
ProfSCCA
Driver

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

Your pictures of steering wheel beauty + my continual time behind the wheel as pace car for SCCA events caused me to contact Elvin for a quote. After a bit of rapid back-and-forth, he had in stock the wheel that I wanted. I paid through Paypal and it was shipped out immediately. Fantastic service and rapid fast / accurate ordering and fulfillment. Unfortunately, a few of the shifter ***** are out of stock. He will make me one when he gets some cores.
Will post pics when installed.
BossMoss (06-12-20)
Old 06-11-20, 09:53 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

I guess this is just me But, I'm disappointed in Mr. Wong's not becoming a CL sponsor. He has garnered a lot of sales from members of this forum at the expense of DCTMS, who is a forum sponsor I know some have had issues with the service at DCTMS, personally I didn't. My DCTMS steering wheel was attractive, functional, and wore well for the time I owned my ISF.

This site lives by the support of its sponsors. Therefore, It's my opinion that since Mr. Wong garners a lot of business from folks here, he should pay his fare share and support this site.

Done with the sermon

Lou
Old 06-12-20, 12:46 PM
ProfSCCA
Driver

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

WOOOOOOOW dude,
you had to take my post and venom-ate all over it.
Gee, if I’d seen that coming, I would have kept my ruminations on a work-of-art steering wheel to myself.
Wish I could disassociate by deleting the post, but I’ll chance it that others in the audience can see what I was explicating.
wow, thanks

Last edited by ProfSCCA; 06-12-20 at 12:51 PM. Reason: pesky typo
Old 06-12-20, 01:06 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Please my post was not aimed at you or any other members of this forum. But at Mr. Wong for profiting from folks here and not contributing to the welfare of this site. I am glad you found the wheel of your dreams Please enjoy!

SORRY, if I offended you! But, it's something that has been brewing with me for awhile! Maybe I should have kept it in. Again. SORRY I meant no disrespect and SORRY I rained on your parade! I sincerely apologize!.

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
1wacko (06-12-20), BossMoss (06-12-20)
Old 06-12-20, 02:12 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I guess this is just me But, I'm disappointed in Mr. Wong's not becoming a CL sponsor. He has garnered a lot of sales from members of this forum at the expense of DCTMS, who is a forum sponsor I know some have had issues with the service at DCTMS, personally I didn't. My DCTMS steering wheel was attractive, functional, and wore well for the time I owned my ISF.

This site lives by the support of its sponsors. Therefore, It's my opinion that since Mr. Wong garners a lot of business from folks here, he should pay his fare share and support this site.

Done with the sermon

Lou

Lou, I'm not even sure that Elvin even knows this site exits, lol. While his work has become quite popular on here, he seems to have developed his business and following on Instagram (that's where I first contacted him). The quality of his work and word of mouth is keeping him busy. He seems to have enough work without sponsoring this site - but maybe that will change in the future. I am currently waiting on some pieces from him, but his Lexus supply chain is messed up due to Covid - so he can't do what I want until he has the parts. You should consider reaching out to him and inviting him to join the site (or maybe that has already been done?), or maybe I will ask him when I hear from him next. While it would be nice if he became a site sponsor, I would not pretend to understand his thinking and whether that would be a good idea for him - it may create a situation where he could not possibly fulfill all the orders he gets. I'm just happy to have some of his products!

Old 06-12-20, 03:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^He knows of this site and posts here on occasion. Most of his posts get removed by the mods. Here's one - Post #2.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...t-paddles.html

Lou
BossMoss (06-12-20)
Old 08-31-20, 07:09 PM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by arruda89

elvins work
How well does the red leather on steering wheel match to your seat and leather trim? Is it close enough? Debating either to go with black leather with red stitch or red leather completely.

Quick Reply: Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Goodies!!!