RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

My new 10th Anniversary!! Must have car!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-18, 01:25 PM
blackoutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My new 10th Anniversary!! Must have car!!

I just picked up my brand new 10th anniversary RCF. I knew when I saw it I had to have it. Very excited and looking forward to some bolt on’s in the near future.

The following 3 users liked this post by blackoutz:
Boomin (07-16-18), LRCSALES (07-20-18), Z3NK1 (07-16-18)
Old 07-16-18, 01:42 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Bolt Ons?

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on the selective RCF! Look fwd to seeing, and hearing more about it in the days to come sir!

Who doesnt like "Bolt Ons" where I come from?
Old 07-16-18, 02:56 PM
blackoutz
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. Definitely looking forward to the coming weeks and contemplating Xpel’ing the entire car. Want to keep the paint in perfect condition.

Seeing if you all have any opinions on Xpel covering the entire car?

Blaine
Old 07-16-18, 03:00 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

Great score! That car is stunning.
Old 07-16-18, 03:23 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
Thank you. Definitely looking forward to the coming weeks and contemplating Xpel’ing the entire car. Want to keep the paint in perfect condition.

Blaine
Your car looks amazing. Re Xpel, I have it on 85% of my car and mine's Ultra White. It makes cleaning a lot easier not to mention provides me peace of mind for rock chips/small dings, etc. With your special edition paint, I'd recommend it to help preserve it.
Old 07-16-18, 03:46 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Not sure if I care to 100% xpel the car, I have the full front and would highly recommend it but then again in my almost 2 yrs of ownership I haven't seen anything that would've made full protection worth it.

I always enjoy my new cars, but I also always care much less 2 years later lol. I did ceramicpro on the whole car as well and that money may have been better off towards wheels.

Congrats on the car and welcome! I have the Nebula Gray Pearl and still jealous of this color, or maybe it's your full screen navi!
Old 07-16-18, 03:59 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow, your a straight baller, JEALOUS!
Old 07-16-18, 07:46 PM
blackoutz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the compliments. I plan to at least do the front end of the car to keep the rock chips off.

I have had had several high Hp cars prior to this ( ie. 97 Toyota Supra, GTR etc. ) so I’m naturally thinking about putting the RR Racing blower on it in the next year or so. Heard very good things about it and seems to be high quality.

Look forward to meeting some of y’all and discussing this new to me platform.

Blaine
Old 07-17-18, 04:58 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Lightbulb Choice Of A Lifetime....

Originally Posted by blackoutz

Blaine
...Or at least 10 years.

I often pride myself on NOT being the guy who "Tells" other Forum Members what they "Should" or "Should Not" install in their personal vehicles (POV). Doing so only creates division and chaos among the flock. You fall into a very unique category with this RCF due to its highly different Paint! You mention covering your entire car with "Xpel" PPF - which no doubt would be a wise choice with said paint. However, before pulling the trigger on using "Xpel" I would (If it were me) seek counsel from many different sources regarding which particular Film to go forward with. And here creates the discussion.......

In less than two weeks I will be having my 2017 RCF treated with "Suntek Ultra" PPF (hopefully the entire car) and then with a CQuartz Ceramic Coating (Or perhaps Crystal Serum) . Yes, I wish I had done it immediately post purchase, but there are contributing factors on this. After doing extensive research, I chose Suntek Ultra due to it's ability to "Pop" the Ultrasonic Blue color a bit more than its competitors. Of course this may be a matter of opinion, but "id say the majority of PPF Experts I consulted all state Suntek has better properties for bright colored cars. Therefore, that's what they'll be using the whole week of July 30 - August 3rd.

On the other hand, I learned that "Xpel Ultimate" has an advantage when it relates to PPF "Self Healing" properties, which I would assumemay benefit you with such a unique colored Lexus! Either way, I would only "suggest" that you look into the different Films out there before committing to one - especially if you intend on doing the ENTIRE car too!

Here are just a few leads I picked out for you man. Obviously, there will be many others who both agree or disagree with me. I personally love to soak up as much info I can, from ever source I can. Looking forward to seeing which PPF you roll with on that bad A** looking ride!

Here's one from our own Forum:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-ultimate.html

Google is your friend on this:
https://exclusivedetail.com/best-paint-protection-film/

Gunny
Old 07-17-18, 05:41 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Absolutely stunning - congrats. If the paint wasn't as hard to maintain as I'm told it is, I'd buy one in a second.
Old 07-17-18, 10:40 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

B E A U T I F U L !

I love this car 150%. You are a lucky man!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-17-18)
Old 07-17-18, 09:29 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Wow, stunning, amazing, congrats!
Old 07-17-18, 10:06 PM
blackoutz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
...Or at least 10 years.

I often pride myself on NOT being the guy who "Tells" other Forum Members what they "Should" or "Should Not" install in their personal vehicles (POV). Doing so only creates division and chaos among the flock. You fall into a very unique category with this RCF due to its highly different Paint! You mention covering your entire car with "Xpel" PPF - which no doubt would be a wise choice with said paint. However, before pulling the trigger on using "Xpel" I would (If it were me) seek counsel from many different sources regarding which particular Film to go forward with. And here creates the discussion.......

In less than two weeks I will be having my 2017 RCF treated with "Suntek Ultra" PPF (hopefully the entire car) and then with a CQuartz Ceramic Coating (Or perhaps Crystal Serum) . Yes, I wish I had done it immediately post purchase, but there are contributing factors on this. After doing extensive research, I chose Suntek Ultra due to it's ability to "Pop" the Ultrasonic Blue color a bit more than its competitors. Of course this may be a matter of opinion, but "id say the majority of PPF Experts I consulted all state Suntek has better properties for bright colored cars. Therefore, that's what they'll be using the whole week of July 30 - August 3rd.

On the other hand, I learned that "Xpel Ultimate" has an advantage when it relates to PPF "Self Healing" properties, which I would assumemay benefit you with such a unique colored Lexus! Either way, I would only "suggest" that you look into the different Films out there before committing to one - especially if you intend on doing the ENTIRE car too!

Here are just a few leads I picked out for you man. Obviously, there will be many others who both agree or disagree with me. I personally love to soak up as much info I can, from ever source I can. Looking forward to seeing which PPF you roll with on that bad A** looking ride!

Here's one from our own Forum:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-ultimate.html

Google is your friend on this:
https://exclusivedetail.com/best-paint-protection-film/

Gunny

thank you for the informative response. I have begun to read in to the suntek film and have heard very good things. The main reason I will probably be going with Xpel is due to the very competitive pricing I get through them.

Look forward to modding it in the near future.

Blaine
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-18-18)
Old 07-18-18, 08:20 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello, I found this on the GSF site about the 10 anniversary edtion finish and what not to do. Read page 9 carefully about body coatings!
Old 07-18-18, 08:22 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I am sorry it is on page 8

Quick Reply: My new 10th Anniversary!! Must have car!!