RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RR Racing Bazooka valvetronic exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-18, 12:49 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Pictures look great. Did you get just the axle back or the full catback?
Thanks! I got a full cat back system!
Old 07-25-18, 08:36 AM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks and sounds great! Is there a release date?
Old 07-25-18, 11:03 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

So i've been driving around with the exhaust for a little while now and I can say, I'm really enjoying the system. Everything has been good except for the fact that i've been getting a little bit of noise coming from the exhaust in the rear. I don't know if it is hitting anything or what but when i'm at a stop light i can really hear the exhaust making some rumbling or rattling noises. So much so that I can feel it in the car sometimes, a friend of mine said it could be the heat shield. I tried calling RR racing today but they totally dismissed it and tried brushing it off, told me that its not the exhaust and it's not their fault, lol. Jesus, I was just trying to inform them of the noise, not trying to point blame. I felt like as soon as i mentioned the noise they tried to tell me it wasn't their exhaust that was causing the issue and that it could be my car making that noise... Anyway...I hope to get that issue resolved soon. I had the car up on a lift yesterday while I was getting my tips done but it was close to closing and my muffler guy was in a rush to get it done so he didn't have time to look at the exhaust. I think i know my car pretty well and when it makes a new noise, I take note of it. My car doesn't just randomly start making random noises out of no where. I know my car well enough. So fingers crossed, lets see how this goes. Stay tuned!

Last edited by mjn88; 07-26-18 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-27-18, 12:07 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

So the muffler guy working on the exhaust at the rear of the car didn't have two minutes tops to look at what could be rattling around the exhaust back there? Think you need a better muffler guy...
Old 07-27-18, 03:12 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
Nice what'd you get done? I saw two RCFs in AZ both of which were not modded
I was at PPE today picking up my Tundra - they have a black RC-F inside getting something done. I didn't get the chance to ask about the car, as Paul was at lunch.
Old 07-27-18, 04:59 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BossMoss
I was at PPE today picking up my Tundra - they have a black RC-F inside getting something done. I didn't get the chance to ask about the car, as Paul was at lunch.
Nice! I wonder what that F is getting done?! Paul is gonna be sending me something very special next week hopefully!
Old 07-28-18, 06:48 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Nice! I wonder what that F is getting done?! Paul is gonna be sending me something very special next week hopefully!
If you like loud then you will be grinning ear to ear when the headers get on your car.
Headers plus that exhaust system with valves open is pretty much straight pipe.
You gonna have emission issues in Cali ?
Old 07-28-18, 11:01 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mingofish

If you like loud then you will be grinning ear to ear when the headers get on your car.
I should be fine. If i can't pass, I'll try to bribe the shop lol
Old 07-29-18, 03:41 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish

With valves closed, even with headers, it sounds very civilized, not loud at all.

Rafi
Old 07-29-18, 09:56 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

With valves closed, even with headers, it sounds very civilized, not loud at all.

Rafi
Louder than Borla? Same as Borla? Different than Borla in the following way.....
Old 07-29-18, 12:58 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Apone
Louder than Borla? Same as Borla? Different than Borla in the following way.....

With valves closed it is much more civilized/quieter than Borla. With valves open it is louder than Borla. Borla sounds great, but there is no question it is very loud.

Rafi
The following users liked this post:
Apone (07-29-18)
Old 07-30-18, 12:44 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

When the valves are closed the car is extremely quiet. I don't have headers yet but I am very impressed with how silent the exhaust gets with the valves are closed. It seriously sounds like i'm running a stock system when they're closed, it's THAT quiet. I am getting a decent amount of drone with it but I don't mind. The sound of that roaring exhaust makes it all worth it. I'm still getting a lot of rumbling/rattling from the muffler area when i'm at a stop, especially when I have the a/c on. I will get it checked out as soon as i have time to take it over to a shop. I want to get the mufflers adjusted so they're not hanging so low/far away from the diffuser

Last edited by mjn88; 07-30-18 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-30-18, 12:47 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Apone
No offense but when the valves are open, this thing OWNS the Borla system in tone, sound and how loud it gets! I know they have the same layout but PPE did an amazing job producing this exhaust! I'm trying not to be bias but I honestly think the bazooka one of the best sounding exhaust for the RCF if not the best. Knowing that it was produced by PPE makes me feel so confident that this exhaust is going to last and that the material used is TOP NOTCH. The owner Paul and his brother are real stand up guys. The stuff they make are seriously so high quality! I was able to look at some headers being made, and their TIG welder is AMAZING!!! I would recommend this bazooka exhaust for anyone that is on the fence about it, If you're ok with weird looking mufflers.

Last edited by mjn88; 07-30-18 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-30-18, 12:02 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

No offense but when the valves are open, this thing OWNS the Borla system in tone, sound and how loud it gets! I know they have the same layout but PPE did an amazing job producing this exhaust! I'm trying not to be bias but I honestly think the bazooka one of the best sounding exhaust for the RCF if not the best. Knowing that it was produced by PPE makes me feel so confident that this exhaust is going to last and that the material used is TOP NOTCH. The owner Paul and his brother are real stand up guys. The stuff they make are seriously so high quality! I was able to look at some headers being made, and their TIG welder is AMAZING!!! I would recommend this bazooka exhaust for anyone that is on the fence about it, If you're ok with weird looking mufflers.
FYI, we designed the Valvetronic exhaust completely in-house. We have the choice of farming out production to someone in China, but we chose PPE for the quality and the fact that we prefer to make our products in the USA. PPE quality is great, I personally do not know of a single PPE header cracking or failing in any way, ever!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
isfvss (07-31-18), mjn88 (07-30-18)
Old 07-30-18, 06:15 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

When the valves are closed the car is extremely quiet. I don't have headers yet but I am very impressed with how silent the exhaust gets with the valves are closed. It seriously sounds like i'm running a stock system when they're closed, it's THAT quiet. I am getting a decent amount of drone with it but I don't mind. The sound of that roaring exhaust makes it all worth it. I'm still getting a lot of rumbling/rattling from the muffler area when i'm at a stop, especially when I have the a/c on. I will get it checked out as soon as i have time to take it over to a shop. I want to get the mufflers adjusted so they're not hanging so low/far away from the diffuser
You said it was loud, like LOUD, above in post #12.....even with the valves closed you said.

Quick Reply: RR Racing Bazooka valvetronic exhaust!!!