RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RR Racing Bazooka valvetronic exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-18, 06:17 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
So i've had the car for 2 days now, just got back from a 7 1/2 hr drive from Scottsdale to Orange county. Shifting through gears is a lot more violent and the car screams when you put it down. The best part about this exhaust is the sound, hands down! This things ROARS when you want to and down shifting turns everyones heads! I love the exhaust but I wish the closed valved function muted more of the sound because even with the valves closed it is pretty loud. So what I do is if I see a cop or someone of authority I close the valves and put the car into eco mode. It really helps keep the rpms lows so you don't have all that attention. When you want to bang on the throttle, you will wake neighbors 10 blocks down! (kidding kind of). It's seriously unreal how loud this thing is! I LOVE LOUD, so I guess it's fitting. This is on par with Meisterschaft if not louder. I love it when It pops and crackles in gear. If you're looking for something more subtle DO NOT go with this exhaust! Im putting on headers in a week or two as well so we'll see how it goes!
Here is what you said. SInce I can't hear it live, I'm trying to judge based on other's opinions but I need some consistency.
Old 07-31-18, 12:15 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
Here is what you said. SInce I can't hear it live, I'm trying to judge based on other's opinions but I need some consistency.
I stand corrected. When the valves are closed, the exhaust sounds are VERY quiet, almost stock. However, there is a decent amount of drone INSIDE the car when the valves are closed. This is my first exhaust system EVER on any car so i'm getting use to the sounds and noises that come with owning an aftermarket exhaust. I thought that the exhaust was still a little loud when I had the valves closed because of the drone. I always had the a/c on and the windows up (I was in Scottsdale Arizona and it was 120 degrees outside) so I would get some drone inside the cabin, so I assumed that meant that there was a lot of sound coming from my mufflers but that is NOT the case. When this exhaust system has the valves closed the mufflers produce drone but they stay quiet on the outside. So much so that i can drive by the police station everyday and cops don't even blink and eye towards my car for the exhaust, which was the whole reason why I was in the market for a valved exhaust in the first place. So this exhaust is super crazy fun loud when the valves are opened, and super crazy quiet when closed, but with a fair amount of droning inside the car!

Last edited by mjn88; 07-31-18 at 12:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Apone (07-31-18)
Old 07-31-18, 12:22 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Sorry and when I mean "sounds like a stock system when they're closed", I meant "sounds like a resonator delete". I've had the resonator deleted after the first day of getting the car, so I don't really remember how the stock exhaust sounds like.

Last edited by mjn88; 07-31-18 at 12:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Apone (07-31-18)