RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Ticket for exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-18, 11:04 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ticket for exhaust

I forgot who it was on here that has the murdered RCF, but I saw you got a ticket for your exhaust and you friend got the speeding ticket. I'm just curious what you're going to do with the exhaust ticket? Can you just pay it and be done? Or do you have to take it to the referee?

Old 07-18-18, 11:01 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Thats my dude Ray. If you know someone, you just get it written off.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-18-18, 12:30 PM
2Squared
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

What exhaust set up does he have?
Old 07-18-18, 12:32 PM
Amazon
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Squared
What exhaust set up does he have?
Meisterschaft stainless catback exhaust
Old 07-18-18, 02:32 PM
Magnaflow
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It looks like you are in California, which means if you get an exhaust ticket, it can be marked correctible or non-correctible by the officer. Correctible=you can change/modify your exhaust to be legal, have it signed off by an officer and then pay the processing fees. Non-correctible means you have to pay the full fine amount, usually ~$250 from what we remember.
Old 07-19-18, 03:21 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default CA Dreaming

Sure seems like California has some serious Motor Vehicle Laws! Was so thankful that I could retain my Virginia Registration while stationed out at Camp Pendleton, so I wouldn't have to abide by the intense vehicular laws there. Though I must admit, SoCal life is absolutely awesome in so many ways!

Many states require you to remove the aftermarket exhaust, window tint, extreme lighting, etc when issued a Summons. If you dont have said infraction corrected and gone thru State Inspection within 30 days they suspend your Reg. Is the Meister really THAT loud???
Old 07-19-18, 01:20 PM
ChrisRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've gotten two exhaust fix-it tickets on my previous car. Just paid around a $250 fine each time.
Old 07-19-18, 06:21 PM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Sure seems like California has some serious Motor Vehicle Laws! Was so thankful that I could retain my Virginia Registration while stationed out at Camp Pendleton, so I wouldn't have to abide by the intense vehicular laws there. Though I must admit, SoCal life is absolutely awesome in so many ways!

Many states require you to remove the aftermarket exhaust, window tint, extreme lighting, etc when issued a Summons. If you dont have said infraction corrected and gone thru State Inspection within 30 days they suspend your Reg. Is the Meister really THAT loud???

It is pretty damn loud! Technically, somebody moving to California from out-of-state has 10 days after establishing residency to get a California driver license and 20 days to register his or her vehicle. There's even a website that was set up by CHP to report people that aren't following the rules. There's no inspection process to speak of here unless you get a "fix it" ticket. Usually it's just a sign off and you pay the fine.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-20-18)
Old 07-19-18, 07:49 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m glad I have my Texas registration while stuck in this ****ty state!!
Old 07-19-18, 09:05 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I got pulled over with my Honda that had exhaust when I was in college. He made me pop my hood and cited me for my headers and intake, even thought my headers had a CARB tag on it. I had to go to the state referee to have it examined that it was fixed, and all stock parts were put back on. My dad and I spent about 2 hours in a local car junk yard looking for the stock header. Good times!! I just worry it would get to that point again, as cops are looking for trouble with modded imports.
Old 07-20-18, 10:54 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Wtf??

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
I got pulled over with my Honda that had exhaust when I was in college. He made me pop my hood and cited me for my headers and intake, even thought my headers had a CARB tag on it. I had to go to the state referee to have it examined that it was fixed, and all stock parts were put back on. My dad and I spent about 2 hours in a local car junk yard looking for the stock header. Good times!! I just worry it would get to that point again, as cops are looking for trouble with modded imports.
Thats ludicrous Zipp!
Please tell me you haven't had any trouble with the Armytrix? Seriously hope I don't have issues going my way!

Don't recall if I ever told you guys this, but I was a cop for 8 years and the LAST thing I gave a s*** about was cars or bikes that have Mods to them!
THE LAST THING!
Matter of fact, I stood talking to a group one night and two GSXRs went by doing Stand Up Wheelies. The group asked if I was gonna go get them, to which I said "Heck no, that was some awesome s*** right there!"
Old 07-20-18, 12:26 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Be glad you guys don't live in Toronto Ontario.. The police here literally right tickets that say 'Modded Vehicle'

They get inspectors from the MTO (your DOT) to go over your car and start writing tickets for every single stupid thing.. They hit all the car meets/shows and nab everyone coming and going..

It boarders on harassment...
Old 07-20-18, 01:01 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

if it is for noise, you can get it signed off. If you got it by CHP you can take it to a local PD or Sheriff station, they will "usually" walk out to the car and want to listen to it, sometimes you might get lucky and they will just sign it off. I have received several loud exhaust over the years and never had a sheriff make me change the exhaust, they listened and said "sounds ok to me" and signed it, in my experience Sheriffs end to be cooler about stuff like this because they don't have a dedicated traffic division usually. I even had one loud exhaust ticket signed off by the L.A. Harbor Patrol (they are considered Police Officers), One was admiring my car when we came back to the boat docks after jet skiing and as we talked I mentioned the ticket from CHP and he was like, oh here I'll sign that for you..

I wouldn't advise going to a CHP station, they will note that whether or not you changed the exhaust to be in compliance.

if it is a CARB violation you have to take it to a CHP referee station.