Midpipe vs Full exhaust performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 12:44 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 2UR

Columbia MD.
nice, I'm within 10 min. of columbia most days of the week... would be happy to meet up at lunch or something once the midpipe is on.
Old 07-23-18, 12:46 PM
theman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tuscani66
I agree with all above but I have a sub-$100 idea, like also mentioned, if you want to experiment before committing to expensive exhaust system - then delete the resonator. It might be enough for you, definitely not louder by Meister or even Borla by no stretch but it is deeper and louder than stock with no drone.

I had it done for $50 but others for less than 100; 316 stainless welded on. And if its not louder then you can still replace from Catalytic back.

*** not my car/video ***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HlLAhz2RNM

before vid and after (47sec into)
I get the attraction of a cheap mod, but hacking up the stock exhaust isn't all that great for resale if you can just bolt on a nice midpipe setup that is totally reversible without rewelding stuff back together.
Old 07-23-18, 12:47 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I don’t think I’m going to go with a resonator delete, I’d definitely like to go with a full exhaust most likely early next spring, was considering the Borla but I’m going to go ahead with the invidia system (after drooling over it the last couple of nights), since from what I’ve heard sounds pretty good, but also mainly because it keeps the F’s oval styled exhaust tips (which I really enjoy, def gives the F a bit of character).

The fact that they’re burnt is also a nice touch. Can anyone confirm on exhausts with burnt tips, is that permanent. Or does it disappear after sometime, just wondering?
Old 07-23-18, 01:38 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by theman
I get the attraction of a cheap mod, but hacking up the stock exhaust isn't all that great for resale if you can just bolt on a nice midpipe setup that is totally reversible without rewelding stuff back together.
That is true, guess its my logic because I never keep the factory exhaust if I go aftermarket - I either resell it or scrap it for metal cost. I don't lease vehicles so never really had a need to revert back and all my cars I sell are usually to enthusiast and parts remain (or go to a dealership and I don't care if they keep the aftermarket items or not).

I was just giving an option if still unsure on what exhaust system to go with, will help with sound until decision is made (not performance), but you're right you could not resell the OEM exhaust or revert back to OEM exhaust.
Old 07-23-18, 03:32 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't get the mid-pipe if you dont want it too loud. I have both mid-pipe and cat back and regret buying the mid-pipe. Too loud with windows rolled up for my likings.
Old 07-24-18, 08:13 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs down Bite My Tongue

Just typed a huge 3 Paragraph reply here on the topic of Loud Exhaust Systems - and deleted the whole thing instead, Rather than get flamed by the majority, I'll keep my mouth shut and enjoy a system that enables me to choose between the two. (Armytrix Valvetronic) Guess I'm at an age where extremely loud exhausts are irritating and obnoxious. Oh well.

To each their own right?

(https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...and-build.html
Old 07-24-18, 12:53 PM
theman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toystry
Don't get the mid-pipe if you dont want it too loud. I have both mid-pipe and cat back and regret buying the mid-pipe. Too loud with windows rolled up for my likings.
did you get a resonated midpipe?