RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Keeping endlinks on a bagged RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-18 | 05:45 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Default Keeping endlinks on a bagged RCF?

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to bag my RC-F on Airforce struts and Airlift 3P. I'll be starting a build thread soon but I wanted some input first. I love the look of a slammed/bagged car, but I also enjoy some spirited driving once a week so I figured air suspension would get me close to the best of both worlds.

I checked specONE's 3IS air suspension build and he removed the washers on the endlink, but after speaking to another member who tried it on our RC-F (running D2 air struts), it still rubbed. I'm hoping with the way Airforce struts are built (allows it to be off center), it will give enough clearance. To my knowledge, if you run AirRunner and AirRex, you do not need to remove the rear endlinks as you'll have enough clearance. For everyone who isn't running those two brands, what have you done to keep the rear endlinks?

Shaved endlinks? Flipped endlinks with washer removal? Aftermarket endlinks (if avail)? I'm open to anything

EDIT: See my build thread for more info on endlinks

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-06-18 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-06-18 | 04:47 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Validity

(Dont care to begin a reply w infamous me, me, me type responses but-- Everwhere I go, people point to my front wheels and say "Hey man, you seriously need to fill the big gap in front fender well for sure!" Which aggravates the ****** outta me!) Anyway.....(no s) what I'm saying is this.

These questions you're ask I'll above above extremely good and I subscribe just to see what technical advice you get. As stated in title. This is a very valid concern when going to Bags! Good on you man.

I dont care to roll over Whole Foods speed bumps 1 wheel at a time going 1mph. Search for the perfect spacing! 🏋️
Old 08-06-18 | 07:52 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
(Dont care to begin a reply w infamous me, me, me type responses but-- Everwhere I go, people point to my front wheels and say "Hey man, you seriously need to fill the big gap in front fender well for sure!" Which aggravates the ****** outta me!) Anyway.....(no s) what I'm saying is this.

These questions you're ask I'll above above extremely good and I subscribe just to see what technical advice you get. As stated in title. This is a very valid concern when going to Bags! Good on you man.

I dont care to roll over Whole Foods speed bumps 1 wheel at a time going 1mph. Search for the perfect spacing! 🏋️
Haha that's no problem Gunny!

It's hard because not too many people bag our cars, and the ones who I did speak to, they ended up removing endlinks which is something I'm not comfortable with doing as it would make it much harder for spirited driving! Hopefully, someone comes through with an answer for me! My struts will be coming in this Wednesday and I'm super excited!

The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (08-07-18)
Old 08-08-18 | 07:41 PM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

Subscribed to this. I’m looking to bag mine in The feature and pretty much had the same questions.
Old 08-08-18 | 07:56 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JBooGieRCF
Subscribed to this. I’m looking to bag mine in The feature and pretty much had the same questions.
Just got my Airforce struts today and if no one replies by the time I'm installing, I'll wing it and update you guys!
Old 08-09-18 | 10:44 AM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

what do your structs look like? could you post a pic?
Old 08-10-18 | 08:20 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JBooGieRCF
what do your structs look like? could you post a pic?

Sorry the photos are a little big. I was too lazy to resize them
Old 10-31-18 | 02:22 PM
Jlesz
Driver

how did it turn out? did you have to modify the endlinks?
Old 10-31-18 | 03:11 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jlesz
how did it turn out? did you have to modify the endlinks?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ammy-rc-f.html

Everything is noted in my build thread brotha