RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Borla or Invidia exhsuat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-18, 12:36 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Wait for it, wait for it..............any second now........
or just drive in ECO Mode....lol
Old 08-07-18, 01:11 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

another under $2k option that's amazing Japanese quality is the apexi resonated midpipes (<$900) and the tanabe axle-back(<$900) combo... keeps the noise down to around the invidia or a touch lower, while still producing nice higher end pitch at WOT.
Old 08-07-18, 05:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

After much search, I found this very good video on ARK Grip full catback exhaust. 11 minute long video with cold start, cruising interior and around 8:30 mark you can hear him redline in 2 gears or so.

Sounds like a great exhaust. Quality is very nice with the titanium blue tips. I think it is louder than the Invidia, but just as smooth and on the high pitch side. Has quite a lot of bass especially in the cabin. Definitely less louder than Borla (which has rasp in it as well).

An exterior rev

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-07-18 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-07-18, 06:36 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

The ark grip exhaust is rare. Not many people have it on their cars. I can tell you one thing. It is plenty loud. Sounds high pitch with 0 drone. The clips on YouTube does not do it justice. Quality is top notch and the tips go well with the car.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (08-07-18)
Old 08-07-18, 07:14 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

I'll be going to Josh at Meraki for the Invidia pipe after I bag my car - struts will be coming in tomorrow! I originally wanted the Borla with those titanium tips welded on like another member, but after really watching a lot of videos, it seems like it'd be way too loud for me. I'd like to stay friends with the neighbors and I don't want to be too excessive. Don't want to be blowing out my clients ear drums
Meraki Autoworks (08-08-18)
Old 08-07-18, 07:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Spam89
The ark grip exhaust is rare. Not many people have it on their cars. I can tell you one thing. It is plenty loud. Sounds high pitch with 0 drone. The clips on YouTube does not do it justice. Quality is top notch and the tips go well with the car.
Yeah, definitely it is one of the top choices for the RCF. Looks like it has all of the great qualities I prefer in an exhaust. Very smooth, high quality, higher pitched with decent bass and no drone.
Old 08-08-18, 06:02 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool It Didnt Work

Originally Posted by 1herm4
or just drive in ECO Mode....lol
Not sure what ya mean, but I was cracking my damn self up. Anticipating a certain Member & Comment that seems to be trending.
Old 08-08-18, 06:52 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Not sure what ya mean, but I was cracking my damn self up. Anticipating a certain Member & Comment that seems to be trending.
It's ME again! I won't be going anywhere! BTW if you don't have an exhaust, you should get one!
Old 08-08-18, 07:56 AM
winglet
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Just installed my Invidia exhaust and I can not be more happy with that.
Honestly is the kind of noise that I was looking for this car. I can notice the difference perfectly between the original and the Invidia.
Easy to change to louder noise adjusting the pedal and much better Noise quality that we can hear on the few videos we have on internet .( and I have done it with all kind of headsets)
Really satisfied.
By the way, anyone knows the small gain on torque and horsepower that it gives.
Meraki Autoworks (08-08-18)
Old 08-08-18, 11:26 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

OP went Borla.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-08-18, 11:27 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by winglet
Just installed my Invidia exhaust and I can not be more happy with that.
Honestly is the kind of noise that I was looking for this car. I can notice the difference perfectly between the original and the Invidia.
Easy to change to louder noise adjusting the pedal and much better Noise quality that we can hear on the few videos we have on internet .( and I have done it with all kind of headsets)
Really satisfied.
Seems everyone is satisfied with invidia. I think it looks the best in regards to the tips. Fills up the openings perfectly like OEM. I have always lean toward that system. Just wish I was able to hear in real life. I would like a little more sound because I'm at the point in my life I don't want to be obnoxious.

Other point. Don't know if I would want the stainless cans and maybe powder it or something just because that's so Fast and Furious.
Old 08-08-18, 11:40 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

With Invidia, I only might have heard "it is not loud enough", but never "it is too loud". It is one of the quietest full cat back you can find. The diameter at 2.75 inches is huge, but it uses more insulated piping and quieter resonator to insulate the noise, from what a vendor told me on this site. If someone wants Invidia louder, the simple solution is to delete the resonator since Invidia has a quieter resonator than most other exhausts like Borla. Though, the construction quality is impeccable on Invidia.

Originally Posted by LXSDO
Seems everyone is satisfied with invidia. I think it looks the best in regards to the tips. Fills up the openings perfectly like OEM. I have always lean toward that system. Just wish I was able to hear in real life. I would like a little more sound because I'm at the point in my life I don't want to be obnoxious.

Other point. Don't know if I would want the stainless cans and maybe powder it or something just because that's so Fast and Furious.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-08-18 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-08-18, 11:47 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by winglet

RCF typical gains from a catback exhaust is between 18 - 26 whp so you should feel a significant difference in acceleration. This is mainly because the stock piping is only 1.5 inches (compared 2.75 inches for Invidia) and also there is the nasty 90 degree bend before the mufflers.
Old 08-08-18, 01:04 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
With Invidia, I only might have heard "it is not loud enough", but never "it is too loud". It is one of the quietest full cat back you can find. The diameter at 2.75 inches is huge, but it uses more insulated piping and quieter resonator to insulate the noise, from what a vendor told me on this site. If someone wants Invidia louder, the simple solution is to delete the resonator since Invidia has a quieter resonator than most other exhausts like Borla. Though, the construction quality is impeccable on Invidia.
Thanks! Might pull the trigger on this one soon. Definitely the titanium tips! Guess the flip side is if I don't like could always part out and get some money back.
Old 08-08-18, 01:30 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
Thanks! Might pull the trigger on this one soon. Definitely the titanium tips! Guess the flip side is if I don't like could always part out and get some money back.
Let us know when you're ready.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Borla or Invidia exhsuat?