RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Navigation SD Card Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-18, 07:58 PM
detinater
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Navigation SD Card Part Number

Can anyone pop their navigation SD card out and send me the numbers on the back? Should be something like 86271-XXXXX with a sub-number of XXXX. My little guy took my card out and lost it somewhere so I've got to track down another one, wanted to make sure I get the right thing.

I've read multiple things about not being able to move SD cards between cars, but some people have and it worked. I'm assuming this is more about the card being for a particular navigation generation and car then it being locked to a vehicle. Anyone have any information on this? I really don't want to cough up $200 to lexus just so my navigation stops saying "Unable to read Data" would much rather scoop up a used one for $40 off ebay since I use my phone for navigation anyway.

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-08-18, 09:14 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

What are you talking about???

Originally Posted by detinater
Can anyone pop their navigation SD card out and send me the numbers on the back? Should be something like 86271-XXXXX with a sub-number of XXXX. My little guy took my card out and lost it somewhere so I've got to track down another one, wanted to make sure I get the right thing.

I've read multiple things about not being able to move SD cards between cars, but some people have and it worked. I'm assuming this is more about the card being for a particular navigation generation and car then it being locked to a vehicle. Anyone have any information on this? I really don't want to cough up $200 to lexus just so my navigation stops saying "Unable to read Data" would much rather scoop up a used one for $40 off ebay since I use my phone for navigation anyway.

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-08-18, 09:18 PM
detinater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
What are you talking about???
Under the heater control panel is a little door that has a bunch of logos on it like the Dolby DTS logo etc. If you flip it down inside there is a SD Card that contains all the maps for the nav unit. My kid found that little door and thought it would be cool to pop out the SD card and then go lose it somewhere. I'm looking for a replacement one so I was just hoping someone could pop their card out and flip it over, there should be a set of part numbers on it so I can make sure I get the right one.

Old 08-08-18, 09:22 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

So you want my SD card's serial numbers??

SAY WHAT!!!

If I DID give IT to you, wouldn't mine be USELESS AFTERWARDS since each SD card is "married" to each HEAD UNIT?

Originally Posted by detinater
Under the heater control panel is a little door that has a bunch of logos on it like the Dolby DTS logo etc. If you flip it down inside there is a SD Card that contains all the maps for the nav unit. My kid found that little door and thought it would be cool to pop out the SD card and then go lose it somewhere. I'm looking for a replacement one so I was just hoping someone could pop their card out and flip it over, there should be a set of part numbers on it so I can make sure I get the right one.
Old 08-08-18, 09:25 PM
detinater
Driver School Candidate

SAY WHAT!!!

If I DID give IT to you, wouldn't mine be USELESS AFTERWARDS since each SD card is "married" to each HEAD UNIT?
It's the part number, not the serial number, all of them are the same. No different then giving me the part number off your fender would render it useless. The SD card isn't "married" to the head unit so far as my research has shown, if it does get tied to the head unit it happens when you initially install the SD card so you'd need to have it physically in your possession AND it would have to have not been used on another vehicle previously.
Old 08-09-18, 04:46 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I took pictures of my SD, not knowing what is part number or serial but took a pic of front/rear, I can try image coping it this weekend if you want?

86271-78011 (0910) its a 16GB class 4.

Last edited by tuscani66; 08-09-18 at 04:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
detinater (08-09-18)
Old 08-09-18, 04:49 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

here's one on for 54$ shipped:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-17-100-G....c100005.m1851
The following users liked this post:
detinater (08-09-18)
Old 08-09-18, 08:50 AM
detinater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tuscani66
Awesome! Thanks for taking a look for me. Lexus tech who I've dealt with in the past on my car told me the cards are 1 time use. Basically you have to buy the card new and when you update the car it locks the card to your nav unit so it can't be used on another vehicle. He's a pretty cool guy so I don't think he's feeding me a line. Sadly it sounds like my only option is to cough up the money to lexus. *Sigh* they strike again at my wallet.

Thanks for taking the time pull the numbers for me.

Old 08-10-18, 09:09 AM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Pull card out. Image card to new card. Test.

I bet it works.

The head unit probably serializes the software on the card which then prevents other head units from using it. Also sounds easy to crack.
Old 08-10-18, 11:39 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Suburbazin

I bet it works.

The head unit probably serializes the software on the card which then prevents other head units from using it. Also sounds easy to crack.
So instead of paying $300 for a new navigation card and having it installed by the dealership, I can buy a used on ebay for less than half price that works?
Has anyone been successful with this?
Old 08-10-18, 02:26 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I think the OP had list the SD card bc his kid was playing around in the car and is now the SD card is missing. Therefore he doesn't have the SD card to copy and "image the card".

Originally Posted by Suburbazin

I bet it works.

Old 10-21-20, 02:12 PM
KevMaster
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

SAY WHAT!!!

Guy is just asking for the part number so he can order the correct part.