RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Why so much pops on cold start of the gsf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-18, 03:01 AM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Why so much pops on cold start of the gsf?

I'm looking at buying the rcf and looking at different exhaust, but the GtHaus stands out the most and I came across this video of the gsf with the GtHaus and the cold starts has lots of pops? Does the rcf have this as well. I love the pop corn and want the on the rcf, but can't find videos of it with lots of pops .
Old 08-12-18, 05:58 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Xzria
https://youtu.be/MSMcNIU4aBM

I'm looking at buying the rcf and looking at different exhaust, but the GtHaus stands out the most and I came across this video of the gsf with the GtHaus and the cold starts has lots of pops? Does the rcf have this as well. I love the pop corn and want the on the rcf, but can't find videos of it with lots of pops .
I have seen that video. The reason this gsf pops so much is because it also has novel headers along with gt Haus exhaust. The car doesn't have cats so some fuel gets dumped in the hot exhaust and causes the pops.
Old 08-13-18, 05:17 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Armytrix + 1
Old 08-13-18, 10:33 PM
bklszl
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

FYI I contacted the owner of the GSF, he told me that he had stock headers during the video.

So the pops came from the cat-back exhaust with no secondary cats and resonators. I also have the Meisterschaft axle-back exhaust with stock midpipe and I get pops at cold starts and during hard acceleration as I hit the rev limiter.
Old 08-19-18, 09:21 PM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by bklszl
FYI I contacted the owner of the GSF, he told me that he had stock headers during the video.

So the pops came from the cat-back exhaust with no secondary cats and resonators. I also have the Meisterschaft axle-back exhaust with stock midpipe and I get pops at cold starts and during hard acceleration as I hit the rev limiter.
When you buy the whole system it has no secondary cats and no resonator right? You should record a video with the system

Last edited by Xzria; 08-19-18 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-19-18, 09:37 PM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

My bad. I confused it with this gsf in the video

https://youtu.be/JiHVVKkBdlg
Old 08-19-18, 09:39 PM
Xzria
Driver

Id love to hear yours
Old 08-20-18, 01:32 AM
bklszl
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Here are some clips:
I didn’t want it to be extremly loud since I dialy drive this car, so I didn’t order the midpipe from Gthaus.
According to my plan, I will buy the Apex-i resonated midpipe next year, it’s should be enough for me.

Last edited by bklszl; 08-20-18 at 01:37 AM.