RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Ceramic Coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-18 | 06:41 PM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

Default Ceramic Coating

Is a ceramic coating worth it? If so, which one has anyone used with the RC F?
Old 08-18-18 | 06:53 PM
Samir221
Rookie

I just got my car back today from the shop! I went with the feynlab heal lite coating 5 years! I read about different products and what i liked aboutthe one i chose is the healing capabilities! Link included below
https://www.feynlab.com/
Old 08-18-18 | 07:00 PM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Samir221
I just got my car back today from the shop! I went with the feynlab heal lite coating 5 years! I read about different products and what i liked aboutthe one i chose is the healing capabilities! Link included below
https://www.feynlab.com/
i talked to feynlab and they quote 2275$ for the heal plus package. How much did the lite package cost?
Old 08-18-18 | 08:14 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

What about this for $50 DIY ?

It says "semi-permanent". I had EXTREMELY GOOD RESULTS. Prep is the KEY. After a proper prep, this stuff goes on very easy and wipes off EASY leaving a very deep shine. Bird poop will not even stick!!!! It's that good!!!

Originally Posted by rcfowner
i talked to feynlab and they quote 2275$ for the heal plus package. How much did the lite package cost?
Old 08-18-18 | 08:23 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

I am a fenylab certified installer. The heal lite is a great ceramic coating. It does not heal all scratches and swirls, but about 50 to 70 percent of them. Deep to medium scratches are not included.
Old 08-18-18 | 08:51 PM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

DIY!!

Originally Posted by lexusrus
What about this for $50 DIY ?

It says "semi-permanent". I had EXTREMELY GOOD RESULTS. Prep is the KEY. After a proper prep, this stuff goes on very easy and wipes off EASY leaving a very deep shine. Bird poop will not even stick!!!! It's that good!!!

Old 08-18-18 | 10:20 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rcfowner
DIY!!
prep work is key and you should always polish or use a paint cleaner before applying ceramic. Also, bird poops and other tar/sap still can stain the coating or burn through it. Treat the car like it is uncoated and you should be good hands. With the right prep and ceramic coating, it is definitely worth the money!
Old 08-20-18 | 06:28 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

As an "Amateur Detailer" I have just about every product and tool known to man!
However, IMHO - having a Ceramic Coating done by a TRUE Professional pays off in the long run bigtime!
*My RCF has been in Detail Shop for 3 weeks now having Full PPF (Suntek Ultra) and Full Ceramic Coating (CQuartz) done by the hands of Pro's!
( Story on this to follow (Hopefully with Step by Step Video / Photos!)
Old 08-20-18 | 07:07 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
As an "Amateur Detailer" I have just about every product and tool known to man!
However, IMHO - having a Ceramic Coating done by a TRUE Professional pays off in the long run bigtime!
*My RCF has been in Detail Shop for 3 weeks now having Full PPF (Suntek Ultra) and Full Ceramic Coating (CQuartz) done by the hands of Pro's!
( Story on this to follow (Hopefully with Step by Step Video / Photos!)
Correct. Always do it by a professional to ensure that the paint is prep correctly and coated. However 3 weeks to do a full ppf film and coating. Damn they take so long. I do full paint corrections, coatings, and films in 3 to 5 days
Old 08-20-18 | 07:14 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool

Originally Posted by Spam89
Correct. Always do it by a professional to ensure that the paint is prep correctly and coated. However 3 weeks to do a full ppf film and coating. Damn they take so long. I do full paint corrections, coatings, and films in 3 to 5 days
No, there are some very specific reasons why the entire process has taken so long. I concur on that timeline of 3-5 days but......
The story runs DEEP and all will come out in the end. They are doing a special story on this which will launch on their Facebook page first.
(May, or may not include here. Undecided)
The following users liked this post:
SoSlow (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18 | 07:25 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
No, there are some very specific reasons why the entire process has taken so long. I concur on that timeline of 3-5 days but......
The story runs DEEP and all will come out in the end. They are doing a special story on this which will launch on their Facebook page first.
(May, or may not include here. Undecided)
nice so they are making a before and after, start to end process story? Hopefully everything goes well and can't wait till I see some pictures if you do decide to post them! I am certified coated and suntek installer with over 70 reviews all 5 out of 5 stars. Let me know if you need any pointers man!
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (08-20-18)
Old 08-23-18 | 11:48 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

just received the one JaxWax sells and it was 100$ ill let you know results
Old 08-23-18 | 12:49 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Hmmm

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
just received the one JaxWax sells and it was 100$ ill let you know results
Never heard of "JayWax" at all. This Company makes other car care gear too? Sounds as if you're applying yourself huh?
Not trying to be a di** but I assume you've totally decontaminated the cars paint, and added appropriate finish to it before attempting to apply this "JayWax?"

Look fwd to hearing about it all and as always- it never happened unless there's pics! LOL.
Old 08-23-18 | 02:37 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

3 weeks! That shi## better be a novel and not just a story. LOL
Old 08-24-18 | 06:57 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Five day detail - wash/decontaminated/clay bar/polish/etc. Everything done with CQuartz Finest Reserve, including wheels and calipers. Paid just under $3,000.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Coating