RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pics of black rcf with performance package

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-18, 11:24 PM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pics of black rcf with performance package

Anybody have pics of they're black rcf with the performance pack? Im just curious how they mix together .it's hard to find pics with that color and package. Also wondring of it's worth it. Does it slow down straight line performance since it adds a little weight?
Old 08-20-18, 05:04 AM
WeisRCF
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

quick search of google and i came up with this. i would imagine the carbon filter roof would be harder to see unless your really close due to the car being black.
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/09/...fiber-package/
Old 08-20-18, 08:41 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I've played with one myself... I think they look awesome, and the CF roof and wing are more subtle on those cars. Black cars aren't my preference, but I almost pulled that trigger on a black with red interior and orange brakes(I ended up with a white PP on red int)
There's not really a weight diff, accept the weight moves lower and to the rear of the car, since the CF roof gets rid of the sunroof weight and transfers that down to the extra TVD weight at the rear axle. Performance is unchanged in straight line, but slightly improved in the turns.
Old 08-20-18, 10:25 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by theman
I've played with one myself... I think they look awesome, and the CF roof and wing are more subtle on those cars. Black cars aren't my preference, but I almost pulled that trigger on a black with red interior and orange brakes(I ended up with a white PP on red int)
There's not really a weight diff, accept the weight moves lower and to the rear of the car, since the CF roof gets rid of the sunroof weight and transfers that down to the extra TVD weight at the rear axle. Performance is unchanged in straight line, but slightly improved in the turns.
Per C&D, RCF improved lap time by 0.5 second/lap on a 1.7 mile course equipped with just TVD (no CF panels).

"On the skidpad, the standard RC F loses cornering grip at its front tires first, while the TVD-equipped car circles with restrained but consistent oversteer…

The RC F with the conventional limited-slip diff entered corners with pressing understeer, but in several turns made an abrupt, midcorner transition to oversteer. That kind of high-maintenance behavior makes the car unwieldy and more unpredictable than fun. With the TVD, the car’s attitude remains consistent throughout the corner. From turn-in to track-out, the TVD minimizes the effort required to hold the line.

There’s no question that torque vectoring improves objective performance, yet the strongest selling point for this differential is how the car feels from behind the wheel. Whether it’s at the limit on the track or winding down country roads, torque vectoring makes the car livelier and more controllable. Without it, limit cornering is a trying exercise in traction management, load transfer, and other subtle variables. The torque-vectoring differential feels like a subtle push from behind. Turn the wheel and the car dives in so eagerly and effortlessly that you’ll want to attribute its behavior to magnetic forces or supernatural powers. Or, you might just tell passengers that it’s all due to your peerless driving technique. And isn’t that worth the money?"
Old 08-28-18, 08:56 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Aesthetics wise, I have a gray with perf. pckg and would say there's a significant difference vs stock BUT compared to a white/usb/red with carbon fiber it's underwhelming.

It's a nice clean look that gets appreciated in sunlight but any other time it may just look like a wrapped roof. I find the spoiler doesn't get noticed as much as CF but again would be different on a light color vehicle.