RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Got My PPE Headers Installed And It's AMAZING

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-18, 03:53 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
I am. Could lead to scratching the car. I had a tint job done and one of the guys accidently slashed my rear leather seats. You never know what can happen
For a header install you pull the subframe from "UNDER THE CAR" the entire install is done from "UNDER THE CAR" - NO scratching!!!!

Lou
The following users liked this post:
mjn88 (09-02-18)
Old 09-02-18, 03:56 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
For a header install you pull the subframe from "UNDER THE CAR" the entire install is done from "UNDER THE CAR" - NO scratching!!!!

Lou
good to know! Thanks
Old 09-02-18, 06:50 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

It's a hard install so go with someone whos either got experience with the install or a shop that has very experienced techs. This is not an amature job. It's 8 hours of tedious work. I'm lucky to have a shop out here that has a lot of experience with header installs for the RCF.
Old 09-02-18, 07:48 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Whew...ok..because I know I saw a Youtube video of a Sikky header install from beneath for the IS F......so good..i'm back to that idea as a future mod again ;-)
airlaird
Old 09-05-18, 01:04 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Great sound! Really brings an exotic tone overlay to our crossplane V8.

+1 for pulling the trigger, I bet you had the biggest silly smile after that quick run!
mjn88 (09-12-18)
Old 09-10-18, 09:32 PM
jhsfp21
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds badass! Next up on the "to do" list for sure!
mjn88 (09-12-18)
Old 09-12-18, 04:57 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

***UPDATE***
So it's been almost 2 weeks now and I've notice the headers have settled in a little. A lot of the raspy sound has gone away and turned into a smooth high pitched tone. It also got less loud and is more tolerable with down shifts being a lot more crisp, less violent, and very quick. Before adding headers, my down shifts would have a lot more drag to it. Now, it seems like the needle almost immediately goes to it's place and you can hear the rev match go super quick. Having equal length really changes the speed of the down shifts and it's very noticeable. Sounds so exotic and different! I will try to get some sound clips if the video is able to pick up the sound difference.

Last edited by mjn88; 09-12-18 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-12-18, 04:58 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mjn88
***UPDATE***
So it's been almost 2 weeks now and I've notice the headers have settled in a little. A lot of the raspy sound has gone away and turned into a smooth high pitched tone. It also got less loud and is more tolerable with down shift being a lot more crisp and less violent. I will try to get some sound clips if the video is able to pick up the sound difference.
how you like it so far? Still a lot louder then exhaust alone?
Old 09-12-18, 05:18 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

how you like it so far? Still a lot louder then exhaust alone?
I love it! You can feel the power gains FOR SURE. No placebo effect here. And YES it's still a lot louder than exhaust alone. Adding headers will automatically make whatever set up you already have A LOT LOUDER. I'm lucky to have the sound I have now because it was exactly the sound I was going for. It sounds less like a growling deep V8 and more like an exotic high pitched tone. It really sounds very exotic given that I opted for equal length over unequal. The extra money goes towards the sound since you don't get much if any power gains over unequal length headers.
Old 09-14-18, 05:44 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MisterEun
removing all cats and not customizing a/f ratio with new headers seems shortsighted in my book.
Plus if your car has CEL for an extended time it'll start ****ing with the ecu programming because it assumes cats are overheating and dump fuel and that's if you're lucky.
if you aren't you'll go into reduced power mode aka limp mode and thats a no go for me, ever.
So I called around to over a dozen tuning shops around the OC area and also spoke with a few people who have knowledge about the Lexus computers. I gathered some info that might be helpful for some. Apparently our ECU doesn't really HAVE to be tuned since our computers have self learning capabilities. After adding whatever mods that add higher air flow, our computer adjusts accordingly. I am NOT saying that no tune is necessary, i'm just saying that it's not absolutely needed. Obviously if you're looking for optimal performance then yeah, but if not, don't trip. I know plenty of F owners with FBO and no tune that have been running completely fine. Anyway, there is another shop in CA that is working on cracking the ECU for the F. They just cracked the 5.7 Tundra ECU, so i'm hoping that they're able to crack the Lexus F ECU soon! The shop is called HP Tuners. Hope this info was helpful!
Old 09-15-18, 12:58 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

I remember you stating you regret getting the Rcf. What are your thoughts now after getting some mods?
Old 09-15-18, 01:34 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

I remember you stating you regret getting the Rcf. What are your thoughts now after getting some mods?
I said that!? Well....I stand corrected...I LOVE IT. Now that I got some mods and made some friends that have F cars, I fell in love with the car all over again! I can't get enough actually. I'm surprised on how much attention the car gets now that it's modded. The car feels better now too, the power is there and the sportiness is there now that the car is lowered. It's a different car now with all the mods done, and I seriously love it! Every single day there is someone asking about it or complimenting the car. I'm surprised so many people don't know what the car is. I guess it's because there is an M car or AMG everywhere so they're not use to seeing a japanese performance car.

Made another sound clip that didn't do the car justice! I'm gonna try again in a lot that's not enclosed next time, so I can hopefully get the menacing sound this system makes!

Last edited by mjn88; 09-15-18 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-15-18, 01:42 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Damn man sounds fantastic! What year is your car and what are you dropped on?
Old 09-15-18, 05:56 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Damn man sounds fantastic! What year is your car and what are you dropped on?
it's a '16 and im on RSR lowering springs
Old 09-15-18, 12:25 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Contact us for PPE headers!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Got My PPE Headers Installed And It's AMAZING