RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus Customer Service F-

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-18 | 06:48 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apaul
what abt a carbon fiber hood instead of trying to fix this hood up? It would be about the same
I am considering that option.
Old 09-07-18 | 06:55 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I don't think ceramic coating will make it go away completely. It may slow the progression, but it will continue to be an eyesore and problematic for you down the road.

As a Lexus "L certified" vehicle, all this SHOULD be taken care of PRIOR to delivery (actually BEFORE putting on the lot for sale)!!! Yours is a "L certified" from a legit Lexus dealership, right?

It really does not matter how or why there is a defect on your Hood's paint. Or who caused the defect. The fact remains that there is a CLEAR defect and Lexus should fix it to your satisfaction. IDK why they won't? Heck, you told them about the defect at or before delivery, right? I did NOT discover my defect until sometime three months AFTER I took delivery at a far away location! And Lexus HQ still approved the repair!!! I sure DO NOT think that Lexus DEALERSHIP did my repair which was EXCELLENT pro Bono (I seriously doubt this bc the GM at that Lexus dealership had personally called me to let me know to bring my RCF in bc he just got the approval from HQ to go ahead with the repair.)

Just wondering what reason(s) did Lexus tell you for NOT doing the repair? Maybe they WILL HAVE TROUBLE MATCHING THE COLOR???!!! It is just ridiculous.

Personally I will keep at it until I get this resolved....... Depending on which state you are in.....maybe go through small claims court? You need to find out the limits for this and IF you loose, do you still have other recourse or that's it? And etc. I think this case will be "too small" for most lawyers unless you just want to pay the lawyers and see justice Justice for the pure principles of the issue.....

Also don't know if Lemon law will work in this case since you did not "buy it new"? IDK?
I won't ceramic coat until the hood it repainted or replaced ( possibly going to carbon).

Yes, car is L certified from Brookfield Lexus in Wisconsin. I'm in Indiana about 4 hrs away. Small claims would require me to file in their county, take time off work and travel... More than the cost of the repair.

They claim they did not have time to fix it. Lexus car history shows the car was certified a month prior to me even contacting the dealership.
Old 09-07-18 | 07:45 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Unbelievable!!!

I would document EVERYTHING for later review, show and tell.....

Since you bought it in WI, Check out the following:

https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/c...emusedcar.aspx

Even used cars bought from a licensed "WI CAR DEALER" gives you some protection. New cars obviously a lot more protection. If you had bought it from a private individual, then ALL BETS ARE OFF AND YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. That's why some car dealers' salesmen will sell cars from the homes as "private sales" even though it was a dealer demo car/executive car which if sold "OFFICIALLY AT THE DEALERS' LOT", then it will be subject to all the rules and regulations....

In particular, when you took delivery of the RCF, they should have given you a check list of line items they had checked to be satisfactory for the "L certified" process. Somewhere in one of the line items will be exterior paint condition...... If they did not give you such a copy, this line by line itemized check list is on Lexus website. All you got to prove is you DID buy this RCF as an "L certified" car from that Lexus dealership.

In other words (and I quoute from the WI website):
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Vehicle condition should match the label

You are entitled to receive a vehicle that is in the condition the Wisconsin Buyers Guide window sticker describes. If the dealer fails to list on the Buyers Guide an existing problem they should have detected during the test drive or inspection, you may have remedies under the law."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good luck and keep all of us updated on this....

Lastly ONCE you get them to agree with the repair. Then try to get multiple estimates at TOP BODY SHOPS where they do CUSTOM BODY WORKS.... Then once you get a handle on the DOLLAR amount......go for them to cut you a check and THEN you can go to any body shop of your choice!!! You can go carbon fiber hood (aftermarket) if you wanted to. The OEM CF hood from Lexus of Japan is around $15K the last time I checked. Aftermarket is way cheaper. IDK about the quality of aftermarket CF hoods though.

Please note that I'm no lawyer. Just wanted to help and see Justice preveal.

Originally Posted by SoSlow
I won't ceramic coat until the hood it repainted or replaced ( possibly going to carbon).

Yes, car is L certified from Brookfield Lexus in Wisconsin. I'm in Indiana about 4 hrs away. Small claims would require me to file in their county, take time off work and travel... More than the cost of the repair.

They claim they did not have time to fix it. Lexus car history shows the car was certified a month prior to me even contacting the dealership.

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-07-18 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-07-18 | 10:02 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about your incident.

Have you tried and get an estimate from a dentless repair company? The reason is these people can do wonders. Also if your paint is one of those that requires a five stage paint process, then it will be EXTREMELY difficult to EXACTLY match the rest of the car. Not to mention it will most likely show up on some CarFax or AutoCheck if you do a full hood spray at the body shop.

I would escalate the issue to the TOP and get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Case in point: After I took delivery of my Lexus "L Certified" RCF with some 18Xx miles on the odo and about three months old driving it around later since the shipping by the original Lexus dealership cross country to another location......I discovered some paint defect on the black front bumper behind the plastic grill. There were white spots on the black bumber behind the grill. My RCF is an Ultra White. It looks like a Dalmatian dog with contrasting white and black color scheme.....looks bad. I took it to the closest Lexus dealership (not the original Lexus dealership) and they took care of it. They removed the entire front end to get to the black bumber behind the grill and replaced that part and put everything back. It took like three weeks bc of waiting for Lexus HQ approval and some mix up in ordering the right part. They gave me a loaner the entire time (no RCF though bc there were no RCF's in sight). All OK in the end.

YOU HAVE A LEGIT ISSUE HERE!!!

I have confidence in Lexus to do it right. Make sure Lexus HQ knows about the issue and if you get denied, make sure to get it in writing so there is NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!!
the problem about white specs behind your grill was from either the bumper was repainted or replaced. The area behind the grill is just flat black plastic They just removed your grill and either wiped it off with paint thinner or spray painted it flat black.

This person's issue is way more expensive. Lexus in not required to repaint all defects on a cert used car.

Now if the dealer said "we will buff it and it will 100% go away" that is different then we will try and buff it to make it look better" The damage is backed on bird poop and can not be buffed off. So the real question is if they said will make it go away 100% perfect or the said we can buff it. That's up to a dealer and the customer no need to fly up the corporate flag pole. the customer bought a Used car. The dealership is not obligated to re paint it
Old 09-07-18 | 10:05 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Everyone needs to realize a Cert Lexus is not going to have perfect paint. Its impossible to have perfect paint on a used car Especially with those amount of miles. Either the dealer said we will fix 100% or just buff it is the real question here. I see this exact scenario every other month. Ask for more money for the repair.
Old 09-07-18 | 03:08 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

I've had the same issues with corporate Lexus as well... They were great when I got my first Lexus IS350 back in 2006 (they actively worked with my local dealer and were constantly in contact with me) so that's why I went with them again for the RC and NX. All of our cars were purchased new so we thought we would get a better response from them. They basically told us to work with our dealer and that they couldn't do anything else (we contacted corporate because it wasn't working out with the dealer to begin with). I had to call corporate back each time because my assigned case manager would never call me back. We were eventually able to work things out with the dealer but corporate never took the lead on my cases like they did with the IS350. The purpose of calling corporate was to have them talk to the dealerships to get them to take a more serious look at the issue (maybe get the service manager involved or something) but they wouldn't even do that. I'll give corporate Lexus some credit because everything was eventually resolved but only after going back and forth with the dealer and corporate. I'll probably keep this in mind on our next car purchase...

With that said, I'm gonna agree with LRCSALES... Certified cars usually will have some paint imperfections. Unless you had it in writing that they would guarantee fixing the paint issue, corporate is probably not going to do anything (my cars were purchased new and they were already giving me a hard time). One red flag was when they said that they didn't have time to buff it out. Buffing something out shouldn't take that long and I would expect them to do it before taking delivery of a vehicle at a Lexus dealership. Seems kind of shady that they would rather give you a $150 credit rather than spend 15-30 minutes of their own labor to "buff" it out.
Old 09-07-18 | 07:36 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Live and learn. I'm sure other makes aren't much better, but I've bought my last Lexus. Double payments and in 2 years I will move on.
Old 09-07-18 | 11:02 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Not sure if this applies to certified cars, but did you get a survey on your dealership experience when you bought the car? We were only able to get the dealership to fix our issue when they found out that we hadn't filled out the survey yet. Try hinting that you haven't completed the survey yet.
Old 09-08-18 | 01:56 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Sorry to hear that.

I guess lesson learned the hard way which is very unfortunate. Nobody has to be treated like that.

I would blast every social media I can find.

I would also pursue and file a formal compliant with the state of WI.

I WOULD ask that Lexus dealership to resolve this issue and give them one more time to make it right before I do the above.

Good luck.......

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Live and learn. I'm sure other makes aren't much better, but I've bought my last Lexus. Double payments and in 2 years I will move on.
Old 09-08-18 | 02:46 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I understand that NOBODY should expect a PERFECT USED CAR from ANYBODY/ANY SELLER, DEALERSHIP OR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

But that paint defect is pretty obvious.

This goes back to the guestion regarding the "disclosure". If the "DISCLOSURE DOCUMENTS" (in this case State of WI) had shown that the exterior/paint passed Lexus inspection, then there is a discrepancy for sure and the OP has a legit case against the desldealer. If however, the disclosure documents INDEED SHOWED AND MARKED AN EXTERIOR PAINT DEFECT, I AM PRETTY SURE THE OP WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE CAR IN THAT CONDITION.

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
Everyone needs to realize a Cert Lexus is not going to have perfect paint. Its impossible to have perfect paint on a used car Especially with those amount of miles. Either the dealer said we will fix 100% or just buff it is the real question here. I see this exact scenario every other month. Ask for more money for the repair.
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (09-08-18)
Old 09-08-18 | 09:46 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

I understand that NOBODY should expect a PERFECT USED CAR from ANYBODY/ANY SELLER, DEALERSHIP OR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

But that paint defect is pretty obvious.

This goes back to the guestion regarding the "disclosure". If the "DISCLOSURE DOCUMENTS" (in this case State of WI) had shown that the exterior/paint passed Lexus inspection, then there is a discrepancy for sure and the OP has a legit case against the desldealer. If however, the disclosure documents INDEED SHOWED AND MARKED AN EXTERIOR PAINT DEFECT, I AM PRETTY SURE THE OP WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE CAR IN THAT CONDITION.

well here at a dealership people trade all sorts of damaged cars, curbed wheels, major and minor scratches, hail damage, broken lenses, paint defects are very common on a used and certified. A lexus dealer is NOT required to repair every cosmetic flaw, as well as required to repair each flaw perfectly

I wont use caps to make my point. Unless when this customer signed specific documents to purchase the car and in those documents he had not signed a document stating dealer must re paint hood. The dealership is not legally obligated to repaint the hood. OP has no case for them to repaint the hood. Its NO different than buying a house. Cosmetic damage to fix completely perfect must be noted and signed off by a manager NOT a salesman during or before sale as agreement in the DEAL the dealer is not obligated.

They said they would buff it and they did as well as gave money to repair. I hope the dealer does repaint for him but if its purely cosmetic and they made good effort to make it look better and gave him money to repair. The only way this will get repainted for FREE is under good faith of the dealer. Lexus corporate will not get involved.
Old 09-08-18 | 12:20 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

My position is very simple. The damage was documented when the dealer acknowledge that it should have been fixed, but they did not have time, so they compensated with a price reduction. The compensation should cover the cost of the repair and it does not.
Old 09-08-18 | 01:59 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I see........So what you are saying is the OP (BUYER'S) fault? Was he too naive to "BELIEVE IN GOOD FAITH" that the paint issue will be "taken care of"?

You mentioned that a lot of people trade in crappy cars to the dealership you work at. It is the dealership's responsibility to screen out the best from the good, and from bad, and from worst. After all you are in the car business, right? Yes, the "profit" is built in the overall "scheme".

On the Lexus L Certified 161 points check list (specifically #7 exterior appearance, ....."paint chips/scratches.....") AND the diagrams of a car with all four sides where the selling dealer WOULD HAVE marked any defects.......

I wonder what this page of the L Certified 161 points check list looked like for the OP's car in question? Was the defect on the hood marked? I agree with you on the fact that NO dealer is required to repair every cosmetic flaw, as well as required to repair each flaw perfectly. However, was the hood defect disclosed to the OP, on the L Certified 161 check list? Personally I WOULD NOT BUY a car with such defect fully disclosed to me. Also I would ask that the car to be "washed as I watch it getting washed" so that any temporary paint fix applied to the car will become more evident in good lighting conditions.

It's funny how you compare a house to a car? If you are buying a house in in Beverly Hills CA (for example, hint a Lexus and not a Chevy/Ford/Dodge) and discovered that one of the double/triple pane windows facing your FRONT ENTRANCE (for example, hint the hood of a car) has a "fog/mist/condensation" in between the double/triple glass panes. True, the window is not "broken" and stops rain/water/wind/leaves from blowing in and stops air from escaping from the inside of the house. Would you consider that window defective and wanted that window repaired? Or you will just "live with it" because you bought a "USED HOME"? How about this: . Say instead of the house in Beverly Hills CA, that house is somewhere else totally in a different market where you hear police sirens constantly 24 hours a day and the price is like less than 2% of the house in Beverly Hills CA. Would your expectations be different? Would you say to yourself: Gosh, at least I have a window and not some plywood covering my broken window!!! You get the picture.....

What happened to The original Lexus slogan, developed after Team One representatives visited Lexus designers in Japan and noted an obsessive attention to detail........"The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection." ?

Now the new slogan I see on ADs is “Experience Amazing”. I'm sure the OP is experiencing NOTHING Amazing.

I guess it all boils down to the reputation of each dealership, Lexus or whatever manufacturer. I recently bought a used "certified MB GLA250 4Matic" for my son from a very reputable MB dealership that I know (not in CA) WITHOUT EVEN TEST DRIVING IT!!! And then had the MB dealership ship it cross country some two thousand plus miles to SoCal. Was it "perfect"? NO, of course not. It's a used vehicle. But the selling dealer/salesman disclosed to the fullest extent possible. Sure, there are some tiny "chips" and etc.... But I knew about these and I was ok with. And all "chips" were touched up and all good. The factory upgraded AMG wheels were "perfect" and absolutely no curb rashes.

I think most of "premium car brands" nowadays realize that they are really selling "experiences/life style" and the "car" is now secondary. Why did I go with MB on this purchase? Because it was a hassle free and a pleasant experience. I could have gone with another Lexus, but I did not.

OP, please see attached "propaganda" as advertised by Lexus for the "L Certified" Lexus.

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
well here at a dealership people trade all sorts of damaged cars, curbed wheels, major and minor scratches, hail damage, broken lenses, paint defects are very common on a used and certified. A lexus dealer is NOT required to repair every cosmetic flaw, as well as required to repair each flaw perfectly

I wont use caps to make my point. Unless when this customer signed specific documents to purchase the car and in those documents he had not signed a document stating dealer must re paint hood. The dealership is not legally obligated to repaint the hood. OP has no case for them to repaint the hood. Its NO different than buying a house. Cosmetic damage to fix completely perfect must be noted and signed off by a manager NOT a salesman during or before sale as agreement in the DEAL the dealer is not obligated.

They said they would buff it and they did as well as gave money to repair. I hope the dealer does repaint for him but if its purely cosmetic and they made good effort to make it look better and gave him money to repair. The only way this will get repainted for FREE is under good faith of the dealer. Lexus corporate will not get involved.

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-08-18 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-08-18 | 05:09 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

I have found sometimes it is just better to move on from something than fight for it. The old pick your battles... If it were me I would just live with the paint problem or pay to fix it. I will say from personal experience life is to short to always be right and to always win. The dealer will grind you down forever and they don't care. That is life. I will say this, never do business with them again and let everyone know how you feel about their service. Then forget about it and enjoy your car.

Last edited by CAHWY128; 09-08-18 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-08-18 | 07:38 PM
GR4NR1C3RF
Rookie

Stealerships...I've never trusted 'em...never will...

Quick Reply: Lexus Customer Service F-