RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus Customer Service F-

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-18, 04:55 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Lexus Customer Service F-

Sorry gotta rant, every time I have to deal with Lexus I end up just pissed.

Anyone else deal with Lexus corporate or customer service or enform reps? I'm amazed at how terrible they are. I decided to try enform remote services. Signing up was a pain, the email they send you is completely incorrect. They tell you it takes 48 hrs to activate the car. After 48 hrs,nothing happens and I have to call them. Oh wait the 2 phone numbers they provide you for support do not work, you have to use the SOS button in the car. So, then you get to wait another 48 hrs when they attempt to reactivate your car. After 5 days, it finally activates. My bad, I forgot the auto renewal part of trying monthly and get billed again, so I get charged a second month. I go to my account to find out how to turn off auto renewal and there isn't one. I attempt to use my remote service and it says expired subscription or no subscription found and does not work. I try the 2 phone numbers again and they don't work. I uses SOS and the lady send another activate code to the car. I ask her how to turn off auto renewal and she says she will take care of that for me and that my current subscription will run until Oct 1. 4 days pass, the remote does not work and app says no subscription found. I'm back on SOS and am told that my subscription was cancelled and that I can sign up for a new subscription if I would like. I explained the situation and all she has to says is your account shows cancelled and all I can do is sign you up for a new subscription.

No big deal here, but this isn't the first issue and find it frustrating. No apology, no " we will make it right", nothing, just give us more money and we will try not to screw up again. I probably wouldn't have such a bad attitude if my "L Certified" car didn't need the hood repainted for an issue that was documented prior to the sale and now corporate and the dealership attitude is "too bad, it's your car now." I feel like I bought my car from joey's corner auto sales that used to be taco bell.
Old 09-05-18, 06:40 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

I've had issues with Lexus corporate also when it came to my IS350 and getting my sticky dashboard fixed. All other times, they've been alright but nothing to write home about.

Hope you get your issues resolved though brotha!
Old 09-05-18, 08:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

My dealership has been quite good and go out of the way to be accommodating. Have not dealt with corporate (Canada) other than my battery dying last winter. They sent a truck to jump start my RCF pretty quickly.
Old 09-06-18, 02:30 AM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I mean, I've never had to call Lexus to get Enform working. I just scanned the car in, set up the online account, logged into the app and away I went. Sure it was a little convoluted, especially the part where it wanted me to scan the barcode for the VIN (this part failed miserably) but after enough failures it let me type it in.
Old 09-06-18, 06:09 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I went through similar issue with the activation. I had to call like 3 times. I would call corporate customer support or reach out to them on social media fb, twitter work best. Hope they can help you. The only reason I have kept enform remite is that they have added Amazon Alexa support lol
Old 09-06-18, 07:34 AM
2Squared
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Wow, I had zero issues with setting up Enform Remote, nor have I had any issues since setting it up. I got the first year of service included when I purchased my RC F
Old 09-06-18, 02:16 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Sorry gotta rant, every time I have to deal with Lexus I end up just pissed.

Anyone else deal with Lexus corporate or customer service or enform reps? I'm amazed at how terrible they are. I decided to try enform remote services. Signing up was a pain, the email they send you is completely incorrect. They tell you it takes 48 hrs to activate the car. After 48 hrs,nothing happens and I have to call them. Oh wait the 2 phone numbers they provide you for support do not work, you have to use the SOS button in the car. So, then you get to wait another 48 hrs when they attempt to reactivate your car. After 5 days, it finally activates. My bad, I forgot the auto renewal part of trying monthly and get billed again, so I get charged a second month. I go to my account to find out how to turn off auto renewal and there isn't one. I attempt to use my remote service and it says expired subscription or no subscription found and does not work. I try the 2 phone numbers again and they don't work. I uses SOS and the lady send another activate code to the car. I ask her how to turn off auto renewal and she says she will take care of that for me and that my current subscription will run until Oct 1. 4 days pass, the remote does not work and app says no subscription found. I'm back on SOS and am told that my subscription was cancelled and that I can sign up for a new subscription if I would like. I explained the situation and all she has to says is your account shows cancelled and all I can do is sign you up for a new subscription.

No big deal here, but this isn't the first issue and find it frustrating. No apology, no " we will make it right", nothing, just give us more money and we will try not to screw up again. I probably wouldn't have such a bad attitude if my "L Certified" car didn't need the hood repainted for an issue that was documented prior to the sale and now corporate and the dealership attitude is "too bad, it's your car now." I feel like I bought my car from joey's corner auto sales that used to be taco bell.

I am sorry to hear your troubles. If i understand correctly, IF the email address they sent was bad do you mean that your email address was incorrect? or the activation link they sent was wrong?

Also after registering the app you must drive the car a few drive cycles so the car and the satellite can link together. Did you leave the car parked?

I dont see how you were charged for 2 months if it only been activated for 5 days. I can actually help you if you would like to diagnose the issue. Is it working now?

What was the paint issue? rock chips or scratches? The Rule for certified is must look as new as Possible. But rock chips and some scratches are common most dealerships will touch up the chips attempt to buff the scratches. I wouldn't mind helping you. I am a Lexus Representative
The following users liked this post:
SoSlow (09-06-18)
Old 09-06-18, 03:34 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Man, sorry you had a bad experience. I’ve only had to deal with customer service for Lexus enform once and it was pretty easy no issues, they said it can take up to an hour or as long as 24. When I went out to the car the following morning I hit the sos button and they verified everything was working. Haven’t had issues with enform since. I will say that I recently had to grab touch up paint from a dealer in va, about 45 min from where I live and stood waiting for close to 10 minutes before someone could help, was not happy.
Old 09-06-18, 05:11 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
I am sorry to hear your troubles. If i understand correctly, IF the email address they sent was bad do you mean that your email address was incorrect? or the activation link they sent was wrong?

Also after registering the app you must drive the car a few drive cycles so the car and the satellite can link together. Did you leave the car parked?

I dont see how you were charged for 2 months if it only been activated for 5 days. I can actually help you if you would like to diagnose the issue. Is it working now?

What was the paint issue? rock chips or scratches? The Rule for certified is must look as new as Possible. But rock chips and some scratches are common most dealerships will touch up the chips attempt to buff the scratches. I wouldn't mind helping you. I am a Lexus Representative
The the email they send talks about getting a code an entering it in the app. No code was given, they just said wait 48 hrs. I waited 48 hrs, it didn't work. I contacted them again and they resent the activation. It activated about 24-48 hrs later. Remote service worked the couple of times I tried it over the next 3-4 weeks.

After getting auto renewal, I decided it would make more sense to just buy the annual package. That is when I notice the service was not working. The app showed no active subscription. I got on SOS and she said my subscription was active and would send a reactivation code to the car. I asked about changing from monthly to yearly and she said I would have to cancel the monthly or it would auto renew. She said she would cancel the monthly and my service would continue until Oct 1 and then I could sign up again under the yearly program. I waited 48 hrs and now my app says still says no subscription. I got on SOS again and the rep tells me that my account was cancelled and the only thing I can do sign up again. I explained that I was told that my monthly account would continue to the end of the month since I was already charged. She just kept saying your account has been cancelled would you like to sign up for another subscription. Having had such trouble already, I declined and she ended the call.

Long and short of the paint problem. There is clear coat damage that requires the hood to be repainted. I believe tree sap or bird droppings. I was told it would buff out and they didn't have time to take care of it, so they gave me $150 credit. When I took the car to get the windows tinted, I had them clean the spot. They couldn't clean it and suggested I see a body shop. I got 2 estimates, both companies said the only way to fix it would be to sand the hood and repaint it, which also would require replacing the clear bra. Both estimates are close to $1000. I stopped at the local Lexus to see if it would be covered under warranty and I am told no and that I should take it up with the dealership because the car should not have been sold as certified in that condition. The dealership I bought the car from is 4 hrs away. I contact the dealership and they blatantly tell me tough luck. I contact Lexus and open a case. They contact the dealership, but tell me certification is a dealership level program and corporate won't get involved further than mediation. I ask them how is a car that needs $1000 paint work considered certified and they can't answer that question. I called the dealership and none of the 5 manager would take my call. The only contact I've had is through the internet car sales manager by email. I was promised twice that the used car manager would call me and he never did. I asked for the certification inspection report and never received it. After spending $50k with a company, I think this treatment is way out of line. With the compensation given, the balance to fix the hood is $850 and I was offered zero help and called a liar. This is 1.7% of the purchase price. They are willing to lose a customer for less than 2% of the sale price. At this point, it is less about the money and more about the way I have been treated.

Old 09-06-18, 05:19 PM
Apaul
Driver

The the email they send talks about getting a code an entering it in the app. No code was given, they just said wait 48 hrs. I waited 48 hrs, it didn't work. I contacted them again and they resent the activation. It activated about 24-48 hrs later. Remote service worked the couple of times I tried it over the next 3-4 weeks.

After getting auto renewal, I decided it would make more sense to just buy the annual package. That is when I notice the service was not working. The app showed no active subscription. I got on SOS and she said my subscription was active and would send a reactivation code to the car. I asked about changing from monthly to yearly and she said I would have to cancel the monthly or it would auto renew. She said she would cancel the monthly and my service would continue until Oct 1 and then I could sign up again under the yearly program. I waited 48 hrs and now my app says still says no subscription. I got on SOS again and the rep tells me that my account was cancelled and the only thing I can do sign up again. I explained that I was told that my monthly account would continue to the end of the month since I was already charged. She just kept saying your account has been cancelled would you like to sign up for another subscription. Having had such trouble already, I declined and she ended the call.

Long and short of the paint problem. There is clear coat damage that requires the hood to be repainted. I believe tree sap or bird droppings. I was told it would buff out and they didn't have time to take care of it, so they gave me $150 credit. When I took the car to get the windows tinted, I had them clean the spot. They couldn't clean it and suggested I see a body shop. I got 2 estimates, both companies said the only way to fix it would be to sand the hood and repaint it, which also would require replacing the clear bra. Both estimates are close to $1000. I stopped at the local Lexus to see if it would be covered under warranty and I am told no and that I should take it up with the dealership because the car should not have been sold as certified in that condition. The dealership I bought the car from is 4 hrs away. I contact the dealership and they blatantly tell me tough luck. I contact Lexus and open a case. They contact the dealership, but tell me certification is a dealership level program and corporate won't get involved further than mediation. I ask them how is a car that needs $1000 paint work considered certified and they can't answer that question. I called the dealership and none of the 5 manager would take my call. The only contact I've had is through the internet car sales manager by email. I was promised twice that the used car manager would call me and he never did. I asked for the certification inspection report and never received it. After spending $50k with a company, I think this treatment is way out of line. With the compensation given, the balance to fix the hood is $850 and I was offered zero help and called a liar. This is 1.7% of the purchase price. They are willing to lose a customer for less than 2% of the sale price. At this point, it is less about the money and more about the way I have been treated.
Best advice I can provide, blast them on Twitter with photo evidence and such. They might not care about customer concern but do about reputation. I had issue with a dealership. We took to twitter with video proof and soon enough, GM was calling me left and right. Best of luck bro
Old 09-07-18, 04:01 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about your incident.

Have you tried and get an estimate from a dentless repair company? The reason is these people can do wonders. Also if your paint is one of those that requires a five stage paint process, then it will be EXTREMELY difficult to EXACTLY match the rest of the car. Not to mention it will most likely show up on some CarFax or AutoCheck if you do a full hood spray at the body shop.

I would escalate the issue to the TOP and get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Case in point: After I took delivery of my Lexus "L Certified" RCF with some 18Xx miles on the odo and about three months old driving it around later since the shipping by the original Lexus dealership cross country to another location......I discovered some paint defect on the black front bumper behind the plastic grill. There were white spots on the black bumber behind the grill. My RCF is an Ultra White. It looks like a Dalmatian dog with contrasting white and black color scheme.....looks bad. I took it to the closest Lexus dealership (not the original Lexus dealership) and they took care of it. They removed the entire front end to get to the black bumber behind the grill and replaced that part and put everything back. It took like three weeks bc of waiting for Lexus HQ approval and some mix up in ordering the right part. They gave me a loaner the entire time (no RCF though bc there were no RCF's in sight). All OK in the end.

YOU HAVE A LEGIT ISSUE HERE!!!

I have confidence in Lexus to do it right. Make sure Lexus HQ knows about the issue and if you get denied, make sure to get it in writing so there is NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!!

Old 09-07-18, 05:44 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apaul
Best advice I can provide, blast them on Twitter with photo evidence and such. They might not care about customer concern but do about reputation. I had issue with a dealership. We took to twitter with video proof and soon enough, GM was calling me left and right. Best of luck bro
I contacted Fox New in Milwaukee and they took on my story and contacted the dealership to resolve the issue. The dealership wrote a lengthy explanation of everything basically confirming my story and stated that I was made aware of the defect and purchased the car with that knowledge and they felt they had no responsibility in covering the repair expense. Someone spent a lot of time putting together the response with details, pictures of the text messages and email conversations. With the amount of time invested, they could have just offered to assist and not been out as much money. Again, disappointing that a company would go to these lengths for a couple hundred bucks. I posted to Lexus facebook page, but the post was not posted, rather I was contacted by private message that they would look into the issue. They looked up my case and said that I should just work through my case manager. My Lexus case manager closed the case saying that corporate is not aloud to get involve with dealership level issues.
Old 09-07-18, 06:06 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Sorry to hear about your incident.

Have you tried and get an estimate from a dentless repair company? The reason is these people can do wonders. Also if your paint is one of those that requires a five stage paint process, then it will be EXTREMELY difficult to EXACTLY match the rest of the car. Not to mention it will most likely show up on some CarFax or AutoCheck if you do a full hood spray at the body shop.

I would escalate the issue to the TOP and get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Case in point: After I took delivery of my Lexus "L Certified" RCF with some 18Xx miles on the odo and about three months old driving it around later since the shipping by the original Lexus dealership cross country to another location......I discovered some paint defect on the black front bumper behind the plastic grill. There were white spots on the black bumber behind the grill. My RCF is an Ultra White. It looks like a Dalmatian dog with contrasting white and black color scheme.....looks bad. I took it to the closest Lexus dealership (not the original Lexus dealership) and they took care of it. They removed the entire front end to get to the black bumber behind the grill and replaced that part and put everything back. It took like three weeks bc of waiting for Lexus HQ approval and some mix up in ordering the right part. They gave me a loaner the entire time (no RCF though bc there were no RCF's in sight). All OK in the end.

YOU HAVE A LEGIT ISSUE HERE!!!

I have confidence in Lexus to do it right. Make sure Lexus HQ knows about the issue and if you get denied, make sure to get it in writing so there is NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!!
Lexus HQ knows about the issue. I was assigned a case manager and they said they couldn't get involved more than mediation between the dealership and myself. Not sure where else to go with it?

The issue is not a dent. The clear coat is damaged down to the paint. The surface is smooth. Something got on the paint and etched it, then it spread with spider web type cracking through the clear coat. It isn't a large area, about the size of a quarter. But to fix it, it has to be sanded down and repainted. To get the hood to match, the entire hood has to be repainted and the clear bra replaced. As you mentioned, this isn't typical paint and I am worried about getting a good match. So on top of the hassle and expense, I am losing the OEM paint, possible paint match issues and a ding on my car fax history. $150 compensation doesn't cut it. Now that I know it's there, my eyes focus on it. And what happens if I don't repaint it. Will it spread? Will the clear eventually flake off and expose the paint? At this point, I am paying out of pocket so that I can move forward with ceramic coating the car.

The spot is up by the windshield. The smudges in the pic are just finger print marks.

Old 09-07-18, 06:14 AM
Apaul
Driver

Lexus HQ knows about the issue. I was assigned a case manager and they said they couldn't get involved more than mediation between the dealership and myself. Not sure where else to go with it?

The issue is not a dent. The clear coat is damaged down to the paint. The surface is smooth. Something got on the paint and etched it, then it spread with spider web type cracking through the clear coat. It isn't a large area, about the size of a quarter. But to fix it, it has to be sanded down and repainted. To get the hood to match, the entire hood has to be repainted and the clear bra replaced. As you mentioned, this isn't typical paint and I am worried about getting a good match. So on top of the hassle and expense, I am losing the OEM paint, possible paint match issues and a ding on my car fax history. $150 compensation doesn't cut it. Now that I know it's there, my eyes focus on it. And what happens if I don't repaint it. Will it spread? Will the clear eventually flake off and expose the paint? At this point, I am paying out of pocket so that I can move forward with ceramic coating the car.

The spot is up by the windshield. The smudges in the pic are just finger print marks.

what abt a carbon fiber hood instead of trying to fix this hood up? It would be about the same
Old 09-07-18, 06:24 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I don't think ceramic coating will make it go away completely. It may slow the progression, but it will continue to be an eyesore and problematic for you down the road.

As a Lexus "L certified" vehicle, all this SHOULD be taken care of PRIOR to delivery (actually BEFORE putting on the lot for sale)!!! Yours is a "L certified" from a legit Lexus dealership, right?

It really does not matter how or why there is a defect on your Hood's paint. Or who caused the defect. The fact remains that there is a CLEAR defect and Lexus should fix it to your satisfaction. IDK why they won't? Heck, you told them about the defect at or before delivery, right? I did NOT discover my defect until sometime three months AFTER I took delivery at a far away location! And Lexus HQ still approved the repair!!! I sure DO NOT think that Lexus DEALERSHIP did my repair which was EXCELLENT pro Bono (I seriously doubt this bc the GM at that Lexus dealership had personally called me to let me know to bring my RCF in bc he just got the approval from HQ to go ahead with the repair.)

Just wondering what reason(s) did Lexus tell you for NOT doing the repair? Maybe they WILL HAVE TROUBLE MATCHING THE COLOR???!!! It is just ridiculous.

Personally I will keep at it until I get this resolved....... Depending on which state you are in.....maybe go through small claims court? You need to find out the limits for this and IF you loose, do you still have other recourse or that's it? And etc. I think this case will be "too small" for most lawyers unless you just want to pay the lawyers and see justice Justice for the pure principles of the issue.....

Also don't know if Lemon law will work in this case since you did not "buy it new"? IDK?

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-07-18 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus Customer Service F-