RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

First rcf I've heard that makes a lot of crackles and bangs, but how?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-18, 09:16 PM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default First rcf I've heard that makes a lot of crackles and bangs, but how?

View this post on Instagram
Old 09-11-18, 09:33 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

GThaus meisterschaft exhaust

Old 09-11-18, 09:34 PM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover

GThaus meisterschaft exhaust

Theres no way it's just grab haust, because I know someone with gt Haus on his rcf and it does not crackle
Old 09-11-18, 09:47 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Xzria
Theres no way it's just grab haust, because I know someone with gt Haus on his rcf and it does not crackle
It’s most likely part of the aftermarket tune the car is running. My Porsche crackle and pops when I put the car in it’s sportier setting. It’s completely artificial, it sounds nice, but the car is programmed to pour unburned fuel into the exhaust for the theatrics that we call crackle pops. Some manufacturers take it too far with the crackle pops in my opinion. The exhaust system just amplifies what the engine tune is doing.
Old 09-12-18, 12:57 AM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by highrev6

It’s most likely part of the aftermarket tune the car is running. My Porsche crackle and pops when I put the car in it’s sportier setting. It’s completely artificial, it sounds nice, but the car is programmed to pour unburned fuel into the exhaust for the theatrics that we call crackle pops. Some manufacturers take it too far with the crackle pops in my opinion. The exhaust system just amplifies what the engine tune is doing.
I wonder what tune he's running then. It's the first rcf I've heard that crackles like that
Old 09-12-18, 05:00 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

If the car is not stock, it's probably possible.
Old 09-12-18, 05:07 AM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by Benoit
If the car is not stock, it's probably possible.
All I know is that it has a full GtHaus exhaust, intake, and that's about it. I tried messaging him but he doesn't reply .
Old 09-12-18, 06:18 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

All I know is that it has a full GtHaus exhaust, intake, and that's about it. I tried messaging him but he doesn't reply .
He said he will share the"secret" in next few posts. I have seen many RCFS with novel, gt haus, armytrix, borla, invidia. Headers/non headers. NONE make pops that way. It is most likely a fuel overrun ecu tune. Heard mixed reviews abt the overrun tune as over time they will cause damage to exhaust pipe/baffles. Still want it on my RCF LOL
Old 09-12-18, 06:23 AM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Apaul
He said he will share the"secret" in next few posts. I have seen many RCFS with novel, gt haus, armytrix, borla, invidia. Headers/non headers. NONE make pops that way. It is most likely a fuel overrun ecu tune. Heard mixed reviews abt the overrun tune as over time they will cause damage to exhaust pipe/baffles. Still want it on my RCF LOL
Who makes the overrun tune?
Old 09-12-18, 06:23 AM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by Apaul
Yea it sounds amazing and did you message him?
Old 09-12-18, 06:28 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by Bluecarbon

Who makes the overrun tune?
rr racing and ov tune are the only two companies that I know of. However, i read that tranny starts to slip past 6th gear, something like that so that kept me from getting the tune from rr racing. If someone has the rr racing tune, feel free to chime in!
Old 09-12-18, 06:29 AM
Apaul
Driver

Yea it sounds amazing and did you message him?
No, I saw that he does not respond to messages and posts. Only when he wants to respond
Old 09-12-18, 06:16 PM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a Borla on mine and it does it as well to a much lesser degree and not as loud as this one. I have no engine mods to speak of.
Old 09-12-18, 06:25 PM
Xzria
Driver

Originally Posted by e2dag
I have a Borla on mine and it does it as well to a much lesser degree and not as loud as this one. I have no engine mods to speak of.
So he finally messaged me and said he's not allowed to give full details on it, but will soon. All he said is that it's a tune.
Old 09-12-18, 08:36 PM
Apaul
Driver

So he finally messaged me and said he's not allowed to give full details on it, but will soon. All he said is that it's a tune.
Yea its def the tune. If you YouTube pop and bang map or burble tune, you will find tons of M cars and Subarus adding that function to their tune. The pop and bangs map plays around with the fuel cut off timing and basically dumps some fuel even when ur off the throttle. The fuel gets in the hot exhaust and causes those pops and bangs. The map isn't recommended on cars with cats though. So if ur like me and only have a cat back exhaust, it's a no go because of damage to cats and o2 sensors. RR racing can def add it if requested seeing that even small tune shops are capable of adding this feature.

Quick Reply: First rcf I've heard that makes a lot of crackles and bangs, but how?