RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Out of control laughter [video]

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-18, 02:54 PM
DebianDog
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Out of control laughter [video]

This is stupid! But I was mildly entertained. So don't expect a lot.

This is dashcam footage of female friend of mine going in to a nervous laughing fit while taking 30 MPH turns at 60+ Her first time in the RCF. (I know it does not look it but trust me. I kept it at 60+ the whole time) Last shift is a near redline shift to 3rd... so we now how fast that is. Sorry for the crappy audio but the music was blaring and dashcam audio.

The TVD was in slalom. Interesting how the camera looks like it pans. She says at the end, "I am so glad I put my sealtbelt on". I guess when she gets nervous and excited she starts screaming and laughing. She says the same thing happens on roller coasters, etc...

Old 09-25-18, 04:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Cool video. Great to see you enjoying it to the fullest. How do you like it compared to your 370Z?

'Slalom' mode is also my favorite mode. Surprisingly, it is something I favor over the 'track' mode'. It makes the car turn really fast with minimal steering input. I think Track mode is the best when you are going at high speed through fast turns.
Old 09-25-18, 05:18 PM
DebianDog
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Well I'm sure if I put some money into the Z I would've felt more comfortable in the corners. I was just about to put a whole bunch of money into the Z to make it a better car but decided to buy a "better" car and then maybe put some money into it.

To me the RCF always seems planted no matter what. Even in that video there was a pothole that would have upset a lesser vehicle and in my Z I probably would have come off the throttle to make sure I still had proper traction. In the RCF I knew I could stay on the power. Over the last month I have put on almost 2000 miles on her and have done a lot of "spirited driving". My level of confidence is a very high with the RCF. The car really shines at speed. In many of the older cars I've owned when you're running 100+ and you change elevation, like on a hill or something, you will feel the car lift and it makes you feel a bit uncomfortable The RCF always feels like it's ready for more. I have never found my current speed to be an issue. I have made turns with this car that I never thought possible at 4000 pounds.

I am certainly still in the honeymoon phase with her and it puts a smile on my face every time I know I'm going to drive it.
Old 09-25-18, 06:21 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

That is good to hear. I agree RCF really comes alive at higher speeds (over 50 mph) and high rpms where steering, gear shifts and throttle response all get very quick and you can feel it hunker down into the asphalt from the smooth underbody and low/sloping roof line promoting smooth airflow. Not sure if the active spoiler really adds a lot of downforce, but it probably adds a bit.