RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What do you love and hate about your RC F?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-18, 05:31 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

can i test drive your rcf before for two weeks then ill decide if its good for me aper
Old 10-24-18, 06:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I don't understand why some people complain about the lack of power and the weight of the car. It hasn't changed since you bought it or leased it. Test drive the car next time.
Agreed. When I went to the seller, I took a 45 minute test drive and pushed it hard in sport+/manual with TVD in track mode throwing it in the twisties, going up and down the gears etc. to make sure I understood what exactly I was getting. Made up my mind after a couple of days and then wrote the cheque to the seller. No surprises since then. Only my impressions have gotten better as I have understood the steady-state and dynamic behavior more of the car right from the beginning.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-24-18 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-24-18, 06:53 PM
myidsucks
Driver School Candidate

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
Didn't you test drive the car before you bought or leased it?
Definitely. Never said I hate the car, just noting things I'd like to see improved. I recognize the Viper's a completely different car and everything considered, it just wasn't the right car for me anymore, hence the RC F in my garage.
Old 10-24-18, 10:16 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by myidsucks
Definitely. Never said I hate the car, just noting things I'd like to see improved. I recognize the Viper's a completely different car and everything considered, it just wasn't the right car for me anymore, hence the RC F in my garage.
Buddy, you Don't have to try to explain WHY you bought your RCF, it's just Some of these guys on here get Butt Hurt when you mention Anything BMW or the Caddy cause that's THEIR Competitor, Not Sure WHY they would think the RCF compares to a Viper? THEY are 2 DIFFERENT Vehicles All Together! I Love my RCF & my Vipers, BUT 2 Different Animals, Don't pretend the RCF can ROLL with the Gen II in ANY gear cause I Have BOTH & me & my buddies have tried them in ALL Phases! I DON'T Care WHAT Video you have, I Have BOTH Cars & it's NOT that Close, ESPECIALLY from a ROLL! The RCF's Best Chance is from a DEAD Start, Believe Me
Old 10-25-18, 01:01 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by CK9887
Don't know how we got started on Vipers...but the RC-F feels like a Honda Civic in comparison to my 05 Viper. It doesn't matter if its from a dig or an 80 roll, the Viper will put bus lengths on the RC-F.

My Viper (exhaust/drag radial) ran an 11.4 @ 124mph.... and its a decade older than the RC-F. A stock Gen V Viper will trap 130mph. The RC-F is a great car but its a grand tourer, not a sports car.
the **** compare to a civic? Are you a troll? The rcf might be slower but the quality of the ride and the refinement would not make it feel like a civic.
Old 10-25-18, 06:00 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

I have driven Vipers, old and newer. They are way faster and way more brutal feeling than the RCF. The cars don't really compare. The Viper can be very intimidating to drive. The power off the line or in a corner can send you spinning.
Old 10-25-18, 06:06 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
I have driven Vipers, old and newer. They are way faster and way more brutal feeling than the RCF. The cars don't really compare. The Viper can be very intimidating to drive. The power off the line or in a corner can send you spinning.
why are people comparing the RCF to a viper anyways. Yes it's faster then a m3 m4, rcf, alpha romeo who cares. Let's get back on topic.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 06:09 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
why are people comparing the RCF to a viper anyways. Yes it's faster then a m3 m4, rcf, alpha romeo who cares. Let's get back on topic.

Well I was saying they don't really compare. I guess it is very flattering to the RCF that it is being compared!

You are right back on topic!
GunnyFitz (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 08:32 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Don't know where? Well, why don't you can actually read the posts and get the answer. It was strictly/only about the early version Viper GTS (Gen 2). it has nothing to do with the 600+ HP Gen 4 or Gen 5. It is not anyone else's fault that it keeps getting out of context. Just to quote below what I said.

Also, you must be quite emotional to be comparing an RCF to a Civic relative to your Viper. Based on such a statement, I can tell you never have driven an RCF. Very comical.
I have driven an RC-F. And yes, I have played with the modes (expert etc). I also owned an IS-F several years ago but I'm wanting to add an RC-F as a daily, hence why I'm here lurking in the forum. I'm actually shopping for your exact car, it's beautiful. I've gotta have the Orange Molten Pearl with the performance pack, it really sets it off. As i'm sure you know, this particular color combo is few and far between so my search has taken longer than usual.

My comparison to a Honda Civic may have been a bit far fetched, but the power difference between the Viper and RC-F is vast. The Viper has gone sideways on me at 70mph, on several occasions (with 345 Michelin PSS tires). This was actually the main reason I sold my IS-F, it just felt anemic relative to the cars I was used to. Not too take away from the RC-F. It's a great car and does exactly what it was designed to do, a comfy grand tourer with plenty of pep. But who wouldn't want more power and less weight. I also AutoX just about every car I own and I know the weight will really come into play under AutoX conditions.

That being said, I wouldn't be shopping for the RC-F if I didn't love the F cars. This will be my 6th Toyota/Lexus. The RC-F is a great blend of refinement, looks, comfort and enough performance for spirited weekend drives.

Last edited by CK9887; 10-25-18 at 09:11 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CK9887:
GunnyFitz (10-25-18), myidsucks (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 10:23 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts

Fair enough. I was never talking about your Gen 3 Viper anyway. It was a video of the early 460 HP version. I know some disagree and would call me a fanboi, but it is based on what the factual evidence that is available. As this Caranddriver panel from 2002 suggests with 2002 Viper GTS and C5 Z06. it just shows the progression in cars more than 15 years apart. back in the times cars like M3 used to be as quick as sedans today. The 0-150 mph seems identical at 24 seconds to what they got from the RCF. That is what my opinion is based on what I can find.

p.s. Definitely recommend Carbon/TVD as it makes a big difference in how the car "feels". In 'slalom' mode, the steering becomes very quick off-center and the front end responds very quickly. It comes in handy in slower, tight turning situations.

Originally Posted by CK9887
I have driven an RC-F. And yes, I have played with the modes (expert etc). I also owned an IS-F several years ago but I'm wanting to add an RC-F as a daily, hence why I'm here lurking in the forum. I'm actually shopping for your exact car, it's beautiful. I've gotta have the Orange Molten Pearl with the performance pack, it really sets it off. As i'm sure you know, this particular color combo is few and far between so my search has taken longer than usual.

My comparison to a Honda Civic may have been a bit far fetched, but the power difference between the Viper and RC-F is vast. The Viper has gone sideways on me at 70mph, on several occasions (with 345 Michelin PSS tires). This was actually the main reason I sold my IS-F, it just felt anemic relative to the cars I was used to. Not too take away from the RC-F. It's a great car and does exactly what it was designed to do, a comfy grand tourer with plenty of pep. But who wouldn't want more power and less weight. I also AutoX just about every car I own and I know the weight will really come into play under AutoX conditions.

That being said, I wouldn't be shopping for the RC-F if I didn't love the F cars. This will be my 6th Toyota/Lexus. The RC-F is a great blend of refinement, looks, comfort and enough performance for spirited weekend drives.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-25-18 at 11:22 AM.
GunnyFitz (10-25-18)