RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New rr intake heat shield

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-18, 06:45 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
Really not trying to he negative. Just find it amusing how people are quick to jump on band wagons. RR is selling a product claiming gains (actually claiming 11 hp gains) with no real proof and people bash others when actual dyno are provided of other products claiming that dyno graphs are manipulated. RR should he selling this as a cosmetic item with "potential theoretical gains"!
On fitment......sorry no excuses! quick to hit the market no quality control. As minor as it may be to some, a cosmetic item shouldn't have to trimmed to make it work.
I Don't have a Dog in this Hunt, but I pretty much agree with what you're saying! I'm in 4 different car clubs & I Don't Ever remember buying ANY Custom Part for Any of my vehicles from a Vendor that I had to Cut or Hack Anything to make it Fit! And I'm Sorry, but 11 extra HP Doesn't come that Cheap in ANY Vehicle! JMO
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (01-03-19)
Old 12-20-18, 10:26 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I Don't have a Dog in this Hunt, but I pretty much agree with what you're saying! I'm in 4 different car clubs & I Don't Ever remember buying ANY Custom Part for Any of my vehicles from a Vendor that I had to Cut or Hack Anything to make it Fit! And I'm Sorry, but 11 extra HP Doesn't come that Cheap in ANY Vehicle! JMO
I'm with you. I think the air oil separator they have instructs you to cut the engine cover? If I lower the air temp by 10 degrees I get 1% improvement in power, so is my car more powerful during the winter when the air temp is 40F? Pushing close to 500hp!?!
Old 12-20-18, 11:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,024 Likes on 2,439 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I'm with you. I think the air oil separator they have instructs you to cut the engine cover? If I lower the air temp by 10 degrees I get 1% improvement in power, so is my car more powerful during the winter when the air temp is 40F? Pushing close to 500hp!?!
Yes, actually it is more powerful in winter time. Air density has lot to do with power, and cold air is more dense than warm air. Pretty undeniable physics.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
finny76 (12-27-18), Lammyyy (12-20-18)
Old 12-27-18, 06:41 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

The cutting isnt to "make it fit" the cutting is to access the cold air under the fender cover to which the part allows access to for the secondary intake.
sheesh. " Haters hate because theyve never accomplished anything"- JoeRogan
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (12-27-18)
Old 12-27-18, 12:11 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I have and have been saved by the AOS. Yet, you need to cut the engine cover. That cover was designed for looks. The part is designed for function. So, it’s a small sacrifice to gain more function. Rafi isn’t asking folks to cut a fender. Again,
sacrifice a “ look “ for gain I’m all about it
Old 12-27-18, 03:00 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674

I have and have been saved by the AOS. Yet, you need to cut the engine cover. That cover was designed for looks. The part is designed for function. So, it’s a small sacrifice to gain more function. Rafi isn’t asking folks to cut a fender. Again,
sacrifice a “ look “ for gain I’m all about it
Luckily when you cut it you cant really tell. At least if you do it clean.
Old 01-03-19, 12:13 AM
Polarshade
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
What cracks me up about this post is "Polarshade" popped up to thank you. The least active member of the forum. He has 2 posts and one is basically just like yours, bashing R&R...
Lol, no need to be insecure. I'm not bashing anyone and I'm sure RR makes great parts, but I come from owning cars that range from the Hyundai, Nissan, BMW and now the Lexus community. And I can say, I've never had to hack or cut into any aftermarket car part to install it, especially on an 80K Lexus.. that's just my personal opinion.

And the least "active member on the forum" sounds irrelevant just because I lurk the forum but don't make posts, but carry on

Last edited by Polarshade; 01-03-19 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-03-19, 06:39 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarshade
Lol, no need to be insecure. I'm not bashing anyone and I'm sure RR makes great parts, but I come from owning cars that range from the Hyundai, Nissan, BMW and now the Lexus community. And I can say, I've never had to hack or cut into any aftermarket car part to install it, especially on an 80K Lexus.. that's just my personal opinion.

And the least "active member on the forum" sounds irrelevant just because I lurk the forum but don't make posts, but carry on
Old 01-04-19, 12:47 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

Took the RCF out today. Beautiful here in Northern California. The temp was in the mid 40's. Cool crisp air. The roads were dry. Ca Hwy 128 around lake Berryessa.

The car certainly felt faster today with the new heat shield. Seemed to wind up harder. Some one earlier mentioned, more efficient feeling. That is a good term.

Old 01-05-19, 02:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,024 Likes on 2,439 Posts

I have driven that road many, many times on a motorcycle and even quite a few in cars. Very fun road for sure, and really awesome in May of '84 when the glory hole was pouring over a thick section of water from the impressive rains that year.
Old 01-05-19, 02:26 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I have driven that road many, many times on a motorcycle and even quite a few in cars. Very fun road for sure, and really awesome in May of '84 when the glory hole was pouring over a thick section of water from the impressive rains that year.
That is cool. I am always curious what roads people drive their sports cars on. It is such a great road. I get up there a few times a month. It is a 30 minute drive from my home. Great road for driving. I drove it all the way home from Mendocino California to Winters a week ago.

You see a lot of motorcycles up there. I also see a lot of exotics and other sports cars on it.

I remember 84. It went over a few years ago, but not as much as 84 and a couple of times in the 90's if memory serves me.
Old 01-06-19, 09:33 PM
bigz187
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
My apology on your cutting,didn't mean to offend you.

My comment on quick to market....typical production would include a fitment test before final product offering. I feel when a product is quick to be brought to market sometimes this final production step might get missed or skipped. Which a disclaimer would be nice indicating any modifications needed making it not a "direct bolt on". Not sure if RR has done that.

As for my intake solution....
shut up and take my money!!!!

Last edited by bigz187; 01-06-19 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-06-19, 09:51 PM
bigz187
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Just installed the intake and heat shield
Old 01-07-19, 02:47 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by bigz187
Just installed the intake and heat shield
Where are your strut braces?