RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Navigation Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-18, 09:21 AM
iKamboj
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation Update

Does anyone know if there is or has been an update for the RC F navigations since they've been released? I have a 2017 and it seems like its not always updated on the best routes to take when being used. I usually use Apple Maps but have been trying to use my navigation more but it really just doesn't seem to know the quickest ways and am wondering if its because its just old information.
Old 10-27-18, 10:02 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I rarely use the Lexus OEM NAVs on any of our Lexi. I use WAZE.

The Lexus OEM NAV is just not worth the trouble. No need to spend extra for the upgrade updates......even if you did, it will still NOT BE TRULY UPDATED.

Originally Posted by iKamboj
Does anyone know if there is or has been an update for the RC F navigations since they've been released? I have a 2017 and it seems like its not always updated on the best routes to take when being used. I usually use Apple Maps but have been trying to use my navigation more but it really just doesn't seem to know the quickest ways and am wondering if its because its just old information.
Old 10-27-18, 10:37 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Google maps and a phone mount. No in car system will ever compete unless its the google enhanced system in the new Audis
Old 10-27-18, 01:29 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

True that. Waze is based on Google maps.

In rare situations where there is no cell signals, then the old trusty Garmin GPS unit comes handy.

Originally Posted by Apone
Google maps and a phone mount. No in car system will ever compete unless its the google enhanced system in the new Audis
Old 10-28-18, 01:57 PM
RCF007
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I paid the dealership to update mine but it was over $200 and not worth it. I would wait another year or use Waze like I do now.
Old 10-29-18, 06:51 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs down Horrible

Originally Posted by iKamboj
I'm sure many of you guys despise the Lexus Nav as much as I do. One of the first things I did was Disable the "Voice" for the Nav, and like others here - use Waze. I will enter the trip in the Lexus system, but leave it running silent. Waze comes thru via Bluetooth which always cuts off huge amounts of time! Their Nav has always been one of the most horrible systems IMHO. So many times I have tried to enter Valid destinations and found it cannot locate them at all. This is another reason I am seriously contemplating having that Harness (BeatSonic) installed in my car. I know I've asked it may times, but I've yet to converse with a Member here who had this done for Android Auto. Waze it is......
Old 10-29-18, 12:38 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I'm sure many of you guys despise the Lexus Nav as much as I do. One of the first things I did was Disable the "Voice" for the Nav, and like others here - use Waze. I will enter the trip in the Lexus system, but leave it running silent. Waze comes thru via Bluetooth which always cuts off huge amounts of time! Their Nav has always been one of the most horrible systems IMHO. So many times I have tried to enter Valid destinations and found it cannot locate them at all. This is another reason I am seriously contemplating having that Harness (BeatSonic) installed in my car. I know I've asked it may times, but I've yet to converse with a Member here who had this done for Android Auto. Waze it is......
Hey Gunny!

If you're interested in the BeatSonic, I believe my friend specONE has it installed in his 3IS. You should check out his build - he's a super cool guy and incredibly knowledgeable. Unsure if he's done it for Android Auto but iirc he did have something in the works with an Android interface.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html