RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone have ppe headers without Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-18, 05:18 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Anyone have ppe headers without Tune?

Have a 2017 Rcf and there is no tune out for 2017+. If I get ppe headers, will I still get good gains? What is all the downside of not having a tune?
Old 11-11-18, 09:59 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,351 Posts

You may want to check out this thread in the LC 500 forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...the-lc500.html

Lou
Old 11-11-18, 10:17 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,476 Likes on 1,781 Posts

Yes, I think you will still gain around 10 whp even without a tune simply because the headers flow better.
Old 11-11-18, 10:58 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Did you not read the link See post #12. More like 40WHP.

Lou
Old 11-11-18, 11:35 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,476 Likes on 1,781 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Did you not read the link See post #12. More like 40WHP.

Lou
That is with both exhaust and headers. Most of the gains come from exhaust of 25 to 28 whp on the RCF. Hearers give us around 10-12 whp.
Old 11-11-18, 03:26 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Not going with argue with you! I DO NOT agree!

Lou
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (11-13-18)
Old 11-11-18, 09:12 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That is with both exhaust and headers. Most of the gains come from exhaust of 25 to 28 whp on the RCF. Hearers give us around 10-12 whp.
That was not my experience.
I started with headers and the stock exhaust. I gained 38 RWHP on the dyno. After adding exhaust at a later date, I only gained about 3 more RWHP. I never had the exhaust without headers on, so I can't speak to whatever that gain would be. But on my car, I got a nice bump from the headers alone and the added exhaust didn't make much difference (except for the killer sound). I do not have any type of tune.
The following 2 users liked this post by BossMoss:
Apone (11-13-18), hekmat (08-10-21)
Old 11-11-18, 09:14 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BossMoss
That was not my experience.
I started with headers and the stock exhaust. I gained 38 RWHP on the dyno. After adding exhaust at a later date, I only gained about 3 more RWHP. I never had the exhaust without headers on, so I can't speak to whatever that gain would be. But on my car, I got a nice bump from the headers alone and the added exhaust didn't make much difference (except for the killer sound).
you have a 2017?
Old 11-13-18, 02:54 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
Have a 2017 Rcf and there is no tune out for 2017+. If I get ppe headers, will I still get good gains? What is all the downside of not having a tune?
My self and a few of my friends have PPE headers without a tune. The couple guys with cars that have the RR tune dyno'd without any gains. We raced against the cars with tunes but doesn't have any advantages at all.
The only tune available for our cars are from RR Racing which isn't worth the $500. I hope there will be a company that comes out with a tune that is worth getting.
Until then, I will wait.
Lammyyy (11-14-18)
Old 11-13-18, 02:55 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

you have a 2017?
I have 2016.
Old 11-13-18, 03:16 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yooniverse
My self and a few of my friends have PPE headers without a tune. The couple guys with cars that have the RR tune dyno'd without any gains. We raced against the cars with tunes but doesn't have any advantages at all.
The only tune available for our cars are from RR Racing which isn't worth the $500. I hope there will be a company that comes out with a tune that is worth getting.
Until then, I will wait.
hey Yoon
Thanks for chimining. But before and after headers a noticeable difference in power?
Apone (11-13-18)
Old 11-14-18, 07:57 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool

you have a 2017?
Spam- as you know, I also have a 2017 and am still puzzled why there are no tunes out there yet. I went with a Full Armytrix (No Headers) which I am extremely pleased with (Sound and Hp) My question is...By installing Headers, this obviously removes the 1st CAT located way up at Firewall - correct? If one were to remove BOTH CATs and run headers and Full Exhaust - can you still pass annual Emissions testing without incident?
The Armytrix put out some very good numbers as far as Im concerned. The curiosity on adding Headers to this system for Hp gains is certainly intriguing -but I cant take the chance on failing Annual Inspections & Emissions.
Does anyone happen to know WHO is ready to put out a tune for the 2017 Model? I "Assume" it will be RR since they've done the 15s and 16s - right?
Old 11-15-18, 09:39 AM
cdotchao
Driver School Candidate

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 2017 with a set of Sikky headers matted up with the RR-Racing Bazooka exhaust, let me tell you it brings the car to an unimaginable sound, it’s insane. I am the type that loves my car godly loud and the car surpasses what i ever expected. Gunny, I think you are local to me if you ever want to check it out?

I will I’ll say the smell from being cat less is EXTREMELY noticeable and i do worry every time i am sitting at a stop light next to a cop but every time is usually a thumbs up given by the cop lol

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Spam- as you know, I also have a 2017 and am still puzzled why there are no tunes out there yet. I went with a Full Armytrix (No Headers) which I am extremely pleased with (Sound and Hp) My question is...By installing Headers, this obviously removes the 1st CAT located way up at Firewall - correct? If one were to remove BOTH CATs and run headers and Full Exhaust - can you still pass annual Emissions testing without incident?
The Armytrix put out some very good numbers as far as Im concerned. The curiosity on adding Headers to this system for Hp gains is certainly intriguing -but I cant take the chance on failing Annual Inspections & Emissions.
Does anyone happen to know WHO is ready to put out a tune for the 2017 Model? I "Assume" it will be RR since they've done the 15s and 16s - right?
Old 11-15-18, 09:59 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cdotchao
I will I’ll say the smell from being cat less is EXTREMELY noticeable and i do worry every time i am sitting at a stop light next to a cop but every time is usually a thumbs up given by the cop lol
Not to say what you are doing to the atmosphere

Lou
Old 11-15-18, 10:07 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up For Sure!

Originally Posted by cdotchao
I have a 2017 with a set of Sikky headers matted up with the RR-Racing Bazooka exhaust, let me tell you it brings the car to an unimaginable sound, it’s insane. I am the type that loves my car godly loud and the car surpasses what i ever expected. Gunny, I think you are local to me if you ever want to check it out?
Were you at the Dulles Landing Car Meet 2 weeks ago? Is yours Molten by chance? Its the ONLY RCF I have seen there, and the Owner was no where to be found!
There are a few of us CL Members that live in Northern Virginia which we really should meet up. Look out your window though man. NO WAY will I be taking it out today! PM me with your contact info and we'll hook up. FYI- Seems we are opposites though. I cannot tolerate obnoxiously loud cars of ANY brand (And I own a Dodge Cummins (lol)That is why I went w the Armytrix so I can come in with Stealth Mode engaged!

Quick Reply: Anyone have ppe headers without Tune?