RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

People with the rr supercharger, what 0-60 numbers are you pulling now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-18, 09:45 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Glad you are very happy with your trade-in, but no thanks. Competition package existed at the time I purchased my RCF (DougHI already had one and you can find his posts on it) and was very thoughtful about where to spend my money. While GSF does not automatically equate to an RCF (tested high speed acceleration shows 1 second difference), I am happy with my slower RCF. From my personal perspective, I could not live with that noise (that is just me). I wanted a high-revving V8 with potential to make it more rewarding and the options were very limited in that realm. One youtube vlogger went back to E92 M3 from M3 F80 because he could not stand the noise (obsessed garage). Just my personal opinion of sound being more important to me than numbers. Enjoy your car.
And the noise has been improved as well in the current years. But it still sounds like my lawn mower. Haha. I have seen obsessed garage’s videos. But honestly, with just an aftermarket exhaust I think, the RC-F will be on par speed wise and will sound better by far. If only the IS-F is still around, it is my first love and will always be..
Old 12-16-18, 11:51 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Hahahaha...did anyone actually answer the OP for his question which was the purpose of this whole thread?!!

I am still interested in the numbers...my guess is around 3.5-3.7 depending on mods and weight reduction.
Old 12-16-18, 10:15 PM
gipsonke
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Hahahaha...did anyone actually answer the OP for his question which was the purpose of this whole thread
Ha! I just noticed that as well. The Jeremy video almost had me not buy an RCF when they first came out 3-4 years ago. He's so ridiculous in that all he wanted to do was plug the LFA so he could drive it again.

I've driven (raced) BMW's as well as my RCF when I had her at Willow, and other tracks and I can honestly say there's very little difference that's discernable by the average driver.

The BMW admittedly does edge out the RCF by a small margin, and as far as cornering and knowing exactly what the car is going to do, (predictable) , BMW wins. In my opinion.

But.....

It's a BMW. Styling wise the RCF is gorgeous. The Bimmer is a "box". Dated interior. And for the other 99% of the time I wasn't trying to hold it together on turn number #3 , I was headed out on a night in the town with my wife. The RCF USB was a head turner. It was also very refined and comfortable.

Sorry I didn't help matters much, but that Clarkston video should be thrown out, just like Jeremy was, after shooting that video.
Old 12-18-18, 06:07 AM
Blze001
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I mean, the Top Gear/Grand Tour trio has always been primarily an entertainment group that happens to know a lot about cars. Not saying their reviews and opinions of cars are falsified, but they very obviously are biased as hell when reviewing a car.

Clarkson cares only about speed and power, so naturally he prefers the M4. May and Hammond would've probably compared it to different cars and arrived at different conclusions based on their preferences. Just guessing, but I'd think May would compare it to another grand touring car, and Hammond would compare it to another V8 coupe.
Old 12-18-18, 09:59 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by Blze001
Clarkson cares only about speed and power, so naturally he prefers the M4. May and Hammond would've probably compared it to different cars and arrived at different conclusions based on their preferences. Just guessing, but I'd think May would compare it to another grand touring car, and Hammond would compare it to another V8 coupe.
The question was never, if he liked it as much as the competitors since half of his review was about the LFA. M4/M3 or C63 or RS5 all are grand touring cars as welI. It is just that everyone goes about it differently from the other. Luxury, practicality, drivability and efficiency are all part of grand touring cars. C7 Stingray or GT350R or even M4 GTS would be considered track focused cars. His issue stemmed from his complaint of RCF being a follow up to the LFA.

Clarkson's review of RCF was incredibly misleading as me being someone who was thinking about the RCF when I originally watched it (and defended him). He had no clue how to turn off traction control (expert mode does not allow drifting and cuts power) and sandbagged the race with M4. He basically had nothing positive to say about the car and called it "for idiots". There could be no further proof. It was not until I drove the RCF when I found him to be completely deceptive and manipulative. He did not allow Stig to lap the RCF for the first time out of fear that Stig might run a very good lap time basically contradicting him.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-18-18 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-18-18, 02:45 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
my car has a exhaust. They have little traction and even with traction, they don't pull as much as I thought. The cars are both tuned with exhaust and headers. Both are pretty wellknown in the m world. Stock for stock in the real world, I would probably beat them. I have never been beaten before by a mustang, m3/m4, type r tuned, Audi a6 with pulley upgrade and tuned, Pontiac g8, and so. Also raced a c43 amg tuned along with a 335i tuned with full bolt on and intercooler upgrade. Kill list goes on and on.

I have a lot of friends who drive m3s. The red one below never raced but the blue one behind it I did who is pushing 600 hp.. He was shocked how good my RCF runs with only a exhaust
lol dude you're full of it.

Having owned two ISF's and an FBO RCF my F80 M3 absolutely blows the doors off of my, and my friends RCFs stock for stock.
Now that i'm stage 2+ FBO the cars aren't even in the same realm in straight line speed.

The RCF is an absolutely amazing car, but it just doesn't have the grunt to hang with the new mustangs, camaros, M3's, Caddies, Alfa's, Benz's etc.

Old 12-18-18, 02:58 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
lol dude you're full of it.

Having owned two ISF's and an FBO RCF my F80 M3 absolutely blows the doors off of my, and my friends RCFs stock for stock.
Now that i'm stage 2+ FBO the cars aren't even in the same realm in straight line speed.

The RCF is an absolutely amazing car, but it just doesn't have the grunt to hang with the new mustangs, camaros, M3's, Caddies, Alfa's, Benz's etc.
Full of What? You don't know **** about m3s do you. The group I am in has couple of m3s pushing 600 horses. They get little traction and by the time they do, it takes them time to catch up. If I sent you text after text of after races, then prepare to send payments. I have there instagram pages and there text after races. It's not all about power, it's about traction. If my RCF is able to keep up with tune m3s, stock for stock, I am sure I will win or keep even every race
Old 12-18-18, 03:15 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414

M3 -184 in long, 74 in wide, 56 in high
RC-F - 185″ L x 72-73″ W x 55″ H

You are correct but the M DEFINITELY feels smaller than F. If you want to argue, go drive an M3 or better yet own one. And most of the videos you posted are showing the 2015 regular M4. Most newer M3/ M4 owners now own the competition package that has more horsepower, more traction and more performance than the 2015. BMW has improved them over the years. This is the same model that demolished the GS-F in one Youtube video on the autobahn. Stock for stock the ZCP M3/M4 will walk an RC-F from a dig and will destroy an RC-F from a roll. And I am not a bandwagon M3 fan to disclaim.
I don't want to burst your bubble but I have raced 4 M3's and 2 M4's on a 1/4 and 1/8 mile drag and haven't lost yet. Maybe all 6 of those drivers didn't know how to drive or maybe I got lucky all 6 times.
Old 12-18-18, 03:17 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Hahahaha...did anyone actually answer the OP for his question which was the purpose of this whole thread?!!

I am still interested in the numbers...my guess is around 3.5-3.7 depending on mods and weight reduction.
hahaha..... oooops. we went off the path a little.
Old 12-18-18, 08:19 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
i don't want to burst your bubble but i have raced 4 m3's and 2 m4's on a 1/4 and 1/8 mile drag and haven't lost yet. Maybe all 6 of those drivers didn't know how to drive or maybe i got lucky all 6 times.
you win...………………………………………..
Old 12-19-18, 08:47 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 12-20-18, 06:08 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
Right there with you...

Old 12-20-18, 06:52 AM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Right there with you...
I am just wondering if Xzria is ever going to get their question answered...

Until then just rename the thread:

Hijacked: My friends have awesome BMW's that no one knows about and racecar is racecar backwards and I win

The following users liked this post:
finny76 (12-20-18)
Old 12-20-18, 09:04 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by hwcustoms
I am just wondering if Xzria is ever going to get their question answered...

Until then just rename the thread:

Hijacked: My friends have awesome BMW's that no one knows about and racecar is racecar backwards and I win
On my end, I'm still wondering if Xzria is ever actually going to buy the car before creating these threads...
I would rename the thread: I still haven't bought the car but here's another question.
The following users liked this post:
Lammyyy (12-20-18)
Old 12-20-18, 09:05 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterEun
On my end, I'm still wondering if Xzria is ever actually going to buy the car before creating these threads...
I would rename the thread: I still haven't bought the car but here's another question.
lol mistereun you are hilarious. I see you busting his *** all the time lol!!

Quick Reply: People with the rr supercharger, what 0-60 numbers are you pulling now?