RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Disabling rcf seat belt alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-19, 08:31 PM
LSUFanMan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Disabling rcf seat belt alarm

Does anyone know the procedure for disabling the seat belt alarm on an RFC? It is NOT the same procedure that worked on my previous IS350 and two ISF's. I've looked everywhere...maybe you cannot disable the RCF seat belt alarm?
Thanks for your help!
Old 01-02-19, 05:09 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I see you're in Georgia and if you're near Acworth we can meet up and I'll do it to yours; I disabled mine using the Carista App and an OBD2 dongle.
Old 01-02-19, 05:11 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a failproof system. When you sit down in the car, take the leash-like object on your left, it has a buckle that you can insert in some sort of mecanism on your right. This disable the sound. Works everytime for me.
The following users liked this post:
AnthonyMJ (01-02-19)
Old 01-02-19, 05:20 AM
Limelight
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

467HP, spirited driving and no seatbelt.... what could possibly go wrong?
ECL (01-02-19)
Old 01-02-19, 09:13 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Its possible he is disabling the passenger chime, not the driver, as I got tired of putting the seatbelt on my passenger seat for my bag setting off the pad sensor (modern cars no longer base on weight like they used to, now if the pad goes down which only requires a few pounds it assumes a seatbelt is needed).

Granted my bag might be heavier than some, but that is not the point.
Old 01-02-19, 09:28 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Are you sure about that. The weight specification was introduced to protect children from an airbag. Would hate to believe they are no vulnerable to a popping airbag. Personally, I have absolutely no use for an airbag Seatbelts are the proper way to go and should always be worn in a moving vehicle

Lou
ECL (01-02-19)
Old 01-02-19, 09:54 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Lou,

it was a pain, I have it disabled in my truck and RCF; the truck because my lunch bag also goes in the passenger seat along with my bag, when in the RCF the lunch goes on the floor. The RCF is one of my daily drivers, Toyo expresses safety so it rechimes every time the car comes to a stop (traffic, light, for a turn, etc).

I haven't had air bags deploy when in accidents, been in several though and in older cars or military vehicles, so I don't disagree or agree with the use of airbags (there to aid the seatbelt, not replace) but I do agree that very little (if anything) can replace a seat belt and is the proper way to go.
Old 01-02-19, 11:19 AM
98GS430
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It can be disabled by the dealer. If you check the manual you can find its one of the customization. I had mine done when I bought it.
GunnyFitz (01-03-19)
Old 01-03-19, 10:42 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Read thru the same question in other Sections of this Forum and they always create a "counseling session" in subsequent replies. Despite disabling this in my Truck, I always wear my seatbelt regardless. I personally don't like to hear a non stop warning. People are either going to wear their seatbelt or they wont, the Chime is not an "enforcement tool" whatsoever. We are much more at risk to those seen swerving in and out of the lane - NOT from anyone with or without their seatbelt on. But that's a whole different topic isn't it?
Old 01-03-19, 11:09 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Of course we are more "at risk" from crazy drivers. The seat belts are there to protect us from something bad happening when those drivers to something crazy

As far as the chime goes, yes, I always wear my seatbelt. My wife doesn't, but the chime prods her to buckle-up, and she usually does.

Lou
Old 01-03-19, 03:16 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by LSUFanMan
Does anyone know the procedure for disabling the seat belt alarm on an RFC? It is NOT the same procedure that worked on my previous IS350 and two ISF's. I've looked everywhere...maybe you cannot disable the RCF seat belt alarm?
Thanks for your help!
Here. Cheap alternative to all this programming and dealer visit.
Buckle your belt!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Univer...cAAOSwP9Jb92mf

Double check if it fits .Lo tech solution
Old 01-03-19, 07:42 PM
LSUFanMan
Driver

Yes, I am in Marietta.
Old 01-03-19, 07:46 PM
LSUFanMan
Driver

LOL...I see I have a lot of smartasses responding to my question here! I do always wear my seat belt. I just don't like this thing dining at me right after I get out of the driveway, so I've always disabled the seat belt alarm. Cannot do it on the RCF?

A lot of answers, but no solutions offered. Rats! Thanks for the responses though!
GunnyFitz (01-04-19)
Old 01-04-19, 02:37 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

I used the Carista app for Android paired with a Bluetooth ODBII connector to disable the seat belt chime.
Old 01-04-19, 10:32 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LSUFanMan
LOL...I see I have a lot of smartasses responding to my question here! I do always wear my seat belt. I just don't like this thing dining at me right after I get out of the driveway, so I've always disabled the seat belt alarm. Cannot do it on the RCF?

A lot of answers, but no solutions offered. Rats! Thanks for the responses though!
LSU,

No solutions offered? We gave you 3 solutions:
1. Carista App and OBD2 dongle device = within this app can be disabled... I even offered to do it for you.
2. Dealer can disable it, unsure of the price.
3. Buy fake plug in, but this isn't a real solution since you actually wear it, but was an answer.

Quick Reply: Disabling rcf seat belt alarm