RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Genuine Orange Lexus RCF Japanese Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-22, 01:32 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
If I were you, I'd look on eBay or buy just the console lid. Then have your current one re-done in the suede. That way if you don't like it you can swap back and more than likely you will be easily able to sell the orange one.

I think it it would look good honestly. The track edition's is red, and it looks nice. It just gets lost in the entire red interior, which is a shame.

I think you have just the right amount of orange that the center console lid would look good. If the entire front/back seats were orange it would be too much, but there is enough black/orange that it will look really good!

-Nigel
I did buy a new cluster bezel with pad just in case I sell my RCF and new owner wants it back to black. Yes, I will buy a new console lid for the same.
Old 04-23-22, 03:41 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Orange Cluster Bezel Installed

Just finished installing the custom made cluster bezel. What do you think of it? Should I have kept it black? Your comments are appreciated.

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 04-28-22 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Add text
The following 7 users liked this post by RCFGrandpa:
1wacko (04-28-22), JT2MA71 (04-29-22), konichiwa3 (04-24-22), nigel821 (06-21-22), RandallNYC (04-23-22), sensai (04-29-22), sqlboy2000 (04-23-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-23-22, 04:08 PM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks friggin awesome Grandpa!
The following users liked this post:
RCFGrandpa (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 06:02 PM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

That is fantastic! Just the perfect amount of orange, really pops against the black.
RCFGrandpa (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 09:49 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RandallNYC
Looks friggin awesome Grandpa!
Thanks Rookie!
Old 04-23-22, 09:51 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sqlboy2000
That is fantastic! Just the perfect amount of orange, really pops against the black.
The Grandpa Thanks you for your comment.
sqlboy2000 (04-24-22)
Old 04-23-22, 10:06 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa
Picking it up today. I was going to post pictures soon after.
Nigel
Everything is done now except for the front seat bottoms. Driver’s seat bottom is a no brainer. I can get it installed tomorrow if I wanted but if I can’t do anything with the passenger seat cushion it would look funny with just the drivers seat cushion. I personally am not satisfied with the results yet. I don’t like the original front seat bottoms on with the rest of the interior replaced. If Tim(MDM Upholstery)

can perform a miracle on the passenger seat cushion(somehow get the airbag sensor from the current seat bottom and get it installed in the Japanese seat bottom).
The following 2 users liked this post by RCFGrandpa:
05RollaXRS (04-24-22), 1wacko (04-28-22)
Old 04-24-22, 07:51 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

Love the orange cowl cover! Looks fantastic. If you are going to do the center console it would look just as good imho!

Agree with you on the seat bottoms. That's the final piece.

With the passenger side air bag sensor how eactly is it different? Do you have any pictures of how they both look compared to each other. Is there no way the upholsterer can remove the leather from the base and then attach it to your USDM seat bottom?

-Nigel
RCFGrandpa (04-24-22)
Old 04-24-22, 01:23 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Cool. Maybe now if you can get orange trim in the seats and your look would be complete.
just about there! I just need to install front seat cushions.

1wacko (04-28-22)
Old 04-27-22, 01:50 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default The High Cost of Orange

So I just totaled up all my receipts on everything I purchased for the Japanese special edition 2015 RCF orange interior. It includes everything, steering wheel, shift **** and boot, console trim, front door trim panels, rear quarter trim panels, rear seat back cushion, rear seat bottom cushions, front seat back cushions, front seat bottom cushions(not installed yet), and speedometer cluster bezel with orange suede(Japanese version is orange vinyl), shipping charges, tariff fees, 10.9% taxes and installation charges. The only expense left is the installation of both front seat bottom cushions, other than that, total cost as of today is $22,460.17! Holey Moley!! Lexus parts are expensive so if someone out there in RCF land wants to change the interior color of your RCF, just be advised that it cost me about 1/3 of the price of my RCF new. It definitely took the looks of my original black interior to the next level.

Original black interior

Photo shows missing seat bottom cushions and seat back cushions trim parts. Lexus of Seattle broke the original ones trying to swap them to the new seat backs.

Finished rear seats and 1/4 trim panels.
krill (05-11-22)
Old 04-27-22, 02:39 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Inspiration of Orange Interior/Japanese RCF Brochure

Here’s the reason I went for the orange. The 2015 Japanese RCF sales brochure, 52 pages and large size 12 1/2 inches by 9 1/2 inches, lots of photos unfortunately it is all printed in Japanese.

1wacko (04-28-22)
Old 04-28-22, 02:10 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default This is an Interesting Update

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa
Just finished installing the custom made cluster bezel. What do you think of it? Should I have kept it black? Your comments are appreciated.

UPDATE 4/28/22: I contacted Lexus of Seattle to see just how much they would charge me to install the bezel assembly. They hit me with a labor price of $307.00 plus 10.9% tax! I found and watched a YouTube video showing how to replace it. It took the YouTuber 10 minutes. It took me 20 minutes because I taped off plastic pieces I didn’t want scratched by removing the bezel. After all the business I have given Lexus of Seattle in service and purchasing three new Lexus vehicles in the last couple of years, they hit me with an over inflated estimate. This is the kind of crap validates dealerships the reputation of ripping off customers, even loyal senior citizens.

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 05-01-22 at 02:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RCFGrandpa:
MCB1970 (04-29-22), rp2000r (04-29-22)
Old 04-28-22, 04:20 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

Yep, that's why I never take anything to the dealer... it's crazy prices for someone that isn't going to take care your stuff like you would.

I was going to ask you broken down how much just in labor you spent at the dealer. I bet a chunk of the $20k+ was labor. If you lived by me I would have gladly helped put this together in your car. The nice thing about our cars is you can take them apart and put them back together quite easily... It's not difficult. Just as you saw on youtube there are many videos showing how to do everything. I know I found several useful threads for the center console, door panels, rear seats...etc. It's gotten to the point I can take off the door panels in about a minute. Super easy to do. Back seats are also easy just cramped.

I hope you are going to do your center console lid. That's going to look nice in orange if you do it!

Dealers just want to make money. I get they have a lot of overhead with the services/people/etc... but to charge that much just to remove the gauge bezel is insane.

-Nigel
RCFGrandpa (04-28-22)
Old 04-28-22, 10:13 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Trim Panels

Originally Posted by nigel821
Yep, that's why I never take anything to the dealer... it's crazy prices for someone that isn't going to take care your stuff like you would.

I was going to ask you broken down how much just in labor you spent at the dealer. I bet a chunk of the $20k+ was labor. If you lived by me I would have gladly helped put this together in your car. The nice thing about our cars is you can take them apart and put them back together quite easily... It's not difficult. Just as you saw on youtube there are many videos showing how to do everything. I know I found several useful threads for the center console, door panels, rear seats...etc. It's gotten to the point I can take off the door panels in about a minute. Super easy to do. Back seats are also easy just cramped.

I hope you are going to do your center console lid. That's going to look nice in orange if you do it!

Dealers just want to make money. I get they have a lot of overhead with the services/people/etc... but to charge that much just to remove the gauge bezel is insane.

-Nigel
Nigel,
I paid $450.00 to get my door panels installed. I watched the technician do it in less than an hour. I complained about that and the service manager banned me from the service area. I don’t know why they all of a sudden are acting like jerks. The last time I was in just a couple weeks ago to get my seat parts installed that they broke, I was at the retail parts counter listening to the technician talk about the job, my car, and me at the shop counter. The two shop counter parts guys both told the technician that I was at the retail counter listening. I told my advisor that I didn’t want a Jiffy Lube mechanic working on my car. The advisor said nothing. Also it was my second time I have driven to the dealership and it was a complete waste of time. Technician was sick both times. I think that is why he gave me a ridiculous price of installing a trim piece that would take the “mechanic” 10 minutes for $307.00 plus tax. Also Lexus has a special this month for tires. I made an appointment 4 days before the tire special began and had top of the line Michelin 17” tires installed on the wife’s Lexus. You think they would have said come back in 4 days and I can save you money with a free alignment. I mentioned it to the advisor and he did not respond. I really need to look for a reputable company to service my vehicles in the very near future. What state do you reside in? I have had it with the political bull in this state, Seattle, once the most beautiful city in the country is turning into LA and SF. Looking for a new place to live my retirement years and drive my RCF until the day I die.

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 04-28-22 at 10:21 PM.
rp2000r (04-29-22)
Old 04-30-22, 08:06 AM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I’m sorry this happened to you RCFGrandpa. I had similar treatment at my local Porsche dealership with a Macan S. I was so enraged I traded it in for a RC F immediately. I hate to say it but it looks like every dealership is scamming to a certain extent. And dishonesty and bad behavior is like a plague in America.
RCFGrandpa (04-30-22)

Quick Reply: Genuine Orange Lexus RCF Japanese Parts