RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Discount off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-19, 01:12 PM
ShiLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys think its harder to get them to come down on price for a car that they have to order? I have yet to see any Brand New Nebula grey with red interior yet in stock. Actually, I only see 2 Rcf's in stock the entire GA area. And they are both at the same dealership. A black base and a grey 10th.. ugh
Old 02-04-19, 02:34 PM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
I totally agree i contacted corporate about the track edition in another thread
Ya I read that thread. Good to hear. I still prefer Lexus over the other models for other reasons but it would be nice to see them do better in the performance category
Old 02-04-19, 02:35 PM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiLex
You guys think its harder to get them to come down on price for a car that they have to order? I have yet to see any Brand New Nebula grey with red interior yet in stock. Actually, I only see 2 Rcf's in stock the entire GA area. And they are both at the same dealership. A black base and a grey 10th.. ugh
And yes if they are ordering it for you price will be stiffer. A car that’s sitting on the lot for months they have more reason to drop the price to get it off the lot
Old 02-04-19, 04:41 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

As I have mentioned before I was in the car business for close to 30 years. I worked pretty much everything in sales. I worked close to 20 years at a Dodge dealer. I kind of think selling the RCF is like we used to sell Vipers. Vipers were not that common but there were just enough of them to make them hard to sell.

When we first got the Viper we were all proud of it and wanted good money. At least a mark up.

After a few months we started to think MSRP.

Then after 6 months and no interest we dropped our pants for a massive loser deal.

Then after it sat forever and had a dead battery, some rich guy would come in and end up in the owners office and the massive loser deal was even worse. Worst deal ever for us. The rich guy was happy and the owner was happy to have it off the showroom. The owner would make up the loss by shorting our bonus for the month..lol.

Believe me we made 10 times the money selling used Minivans to people with marginal credit.
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (02-05-19)
Old 02-04-19, 07:22 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Oh yeah, I've see this happen over and over again.

Just last year a young person I work with (21 years old) with a "secretarial job" only for less than a year went to a small town in the middle of nowhere Toyota dealership looking at a 2018 "top of the line loaded V6 Camry" Mind you he can hardly make the monthly payment (72 months) and lives at home and had his mom co-sign for the loan. He paid MRSP PLUS some dealer add one.......Total came in just under $40K!!! When I heard it, I said WTF!!! He said that Toyota dealership was the only one willing to finance him and take his broken down old car with a bad tranny in that he was upside down on. Needless to say he paid dearly for that Camery. I told him if it were me, that Toyota dealership will have to PAY ME TO BUY AND DRIVE ONE OF THEIR CARS!!!!

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
As I have mentioned before I was in the car business for close to 30 years. I worked pretty much everything in sales. I worked close to 20 years at a Dodge dealer. I kind of think selling the RCF is like we used to sell Vipers. Vipers were not that common but there were just enough of them to make them hard to sell.

When we first got the Viper we were all proud of it and wanted good money. At least a mark up.

Then after 6 months and no interest we dropped our pants for a massive loser deal.

Then after it sat forever and had a dead battery, some rich guy would come in and end up in the owners office and the massive loser deal was even worse. Worst deal ever for us. The rich guy was happy and the owner was happy to have it off the showroom. The owner would make up the loss by shorting our bonus for the month..lol.

Believe me we made 10 times the money selling used Minivans to people with marginal credit.
Old 02-05-19, 07:32 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

this is so true!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-19, 12:21 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Besides the Rc-F another model (no its not the GSF) currently in the Lexus Fleet that surprised in me in the amount of leftover inventory they have, that they will have to do this on as well. It surprised me on why.
Old 02-07-19, 01:30 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

NO WAY, HOW CAN THIS BE? HAVE THEY NOT LEARNED? PLEASE TELL ME WHICH MODEL? LOL.

Seriously, I'll be ready to go buy one very soon!!!

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Besides the Rc-F another model (no its not the GSF) currently in the Lexus Fleet that surprised in me in the amount of leftover inventory they have, that they will have to do this on as well. It surprised me on why.