Supercharged RCF and traction

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-19, 12:42 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Supercharged RCF and traction

Hello mates,

My lease is almost up on my 2015 RCF, and I'm thinking about either keeping it and supercharging it or upgrading to something else (or keeping it stock and wait a bit to see if the LCF really happens).

However, I'm thinking supercharging isn't really going to work because I have traction problems off the line as it is being totally stock. Was hoping to get some feedback on this from people who have the supercharger.

Note: still have the original mpss tires because only 13,000 miles so far.
Old 02-12-19, 12:53 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

I say have fun and throw the RR Supercharger on it!
Old 02-12-19, 01:44 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 316 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by djeayzonne
Hello mates,

My lease is almost up on my 2015 RCF, and I'm thinking about either keeping it and supercharging it or upgrading to something else (or keeping it stock and wait a bit to see if the LCF really happens).

However, I'm thinking supercharging isn't really going to work because I have traction problems off the line as it is being totally stock. Was hoping to get some feedback on this from people who have the supercharger.

I'm facing the exact same situation like you right now. Supercharge or return lease or perhaps the RCF track edition? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

As for traction I have Michelin 4S and very hard to spin the wheels from a dig, excellent traction. My only thoughts are I wounder if one may have to go even stickier tires with a supercharger installed, get Michelin Pilot Cup 2. Having said that the Michelin 4S are far superior than MPSS as far as traction is concerned. Even in the wet they are remarkable plus the added bonus of durability.

Last edited by konichiwa3; 02-12-19 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-12-19, 05:15 PM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Not a problem with the supercharger and a tire upgrade. I have run Cup 2 for along time at the track (circuit) with great results. I run 295/30/19 on all 4 (wheels are 19X10.5 +35). Only cold and damp cause them to break loose. I am now switching over to Michelin racing slicks. The track edition may have a better 0-60 time - but it is not do to power. It is launch control, weight and gearing. A lot of money for a car that can be made a lot better for a lot less. RR Racing offers a complete package will make a driver very happy.

Last edited by skipetenj; 02-12-19 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-13-19, 02:01 AM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by skipetenj
Not a problem with the supercharger and a tire upgrade. I have run Cup 2 for along time at the track (circuit) with great results. I run 295/30/19 on all 4 (wheels are 19X10.5 +35). Only cold and damp cause them to break loose. I am now switching over to Michelin racing slicks. The track edition may have a better 0-60 time - but it is not do to power. It is launch control, weight and gearing. A lot of money for a car that can be made a lot better for a lot less. RR Racing offers a complete package will make a driver very happy.
Wait, are you saying the track edition will have a better 0-60 time than a supercharged rcf? That doesn't sound too appealing...
Old 02-13-19, 02:53 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

Wait, are you saying the track edition will have a better 0-60 time than a supercharged rcf? That doesn't sound too appealing...
You need to understand that once you get into sub-4 second 0-60 time, it’s really a question of traction and not so much power. A SC RCF will be faster than Track edition in 0-60, but that’s not really where it shines. There is really NO comparison between 600-680whp SC RCF and a 400whp track edition... the SC car will easily and effortlessly pull away at all speeds.

That said, if 0-60 is your primary benchmark, get a Tesla

Rafi
The following users liked this post:
skipetenj (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 03:00 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Hello mates,

I have to agree with what was already said. If you still have original Michelin PSS tires on your 2015 car, their production date was probably late 2013 or early 2014 (you can read it on your sidewalk). So your tires are about 5 years old, which means they have degraded quiet a bit already. Furthermore, as far as street tires go, the new Michelin Pilot 4S are a big improvement over the PSS, it’s really a phenomenal tire. If you take your RCF to a road race track then Michelin Pilot Cup2 is your best bet.

Rafi
The following users liked this post:
skipetenj (02-13-19)
Old 02-24-19, 12:05 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Thanks for the info Raf.

Couple more questions.
1. What is the exact process? Will I have to basically ship my car?

2. I will still want to get a different car at some point. Will supercharging ​​​​this car ultimately completely destroy its value?

​​​​​

Last edited by djeayzonne; 02-24-19 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-24-19, 12:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

There is very little information on how the resale of S/C'ed RCF/GSF has been holding up. Apparently, almost no one sells the F after supercharging it LOL

Tucker (RCFormante) had the first RCF with a supercharger on it and he vanished from this forum a while back. He ended up buying a Huracan, but he still has his supercharged RCF.

Thanks for the info Raf.

Couple more questions.

2. I will still want to get a different car at some point. Will discusupercha this car ultimately completely destroy its value?

​​​​​
Old 02-25-19, 05:12 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Thanks for the info Raf.

Couple more questions.

2. I will still want to get a different car at some point. Will supercharging ​​​​this car ultimately completely destroy its value?

​​​​​
1. You can either ship us the car for the install or we have a bunch of recommended shops throughout the US who are authorized installers.

2. No idea? Have only seen 1 GSF that was supercharged sell and it was local to us. Unfortunately the dealership had no idea what it was haha If you look at NA cars with forced induction for sale, corvette's, mustangs, etc they tend to get their money out of them in retrospect when selling them. Obviously when installed properly and maintained.

-Sean

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
There is very little information on how the resale of S/C'ed RCF/GSF has been holding up. Apparently, almost no one sells the F after supercharging it LOL

Tucker (RCFormante) had the first RCF with a supercharger on it and he vanished from this forum a while back. He ended up buying a Huracan, but he still has his supercharged RCF.
Agreed. Most owners tend to keep them along with getting another toy.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-13-19, 01:30 AM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

Superchargers never get old to me. The boost and onset of power makes me smile every time. I don't have one in my RCF but I do in my truck and yeah...smiles all day. So I'd rather do that than get something else unless that something else was another level up.
Old 04-13-19, 06:47 AM
Peleton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’m curious

Originally Posted by RRRacing
1. You can either ship us the car for the install or we have a bunch of recommended shops throughout the US who are authorized installers.

2. No idea? Have only seen 1 GSF that was supercharged sell and it was local to us. Unfortunately the dealership had no idea what it was haha If you look at NA cars with forced induction for sale, corvette's, mustangs, etc they tend to get their money out of them in retrospect when selling them. Obviously when installed properly and maintained.

-Sean

Agreed. Most owners tend to keep them along with getting another toy.

im curious how much does a SC cost all in including the associated parts and services??
Old 04-15-19, 05:51 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Peleton
im curious how much does a SC cost all in including the associated parts and services??
Shoot us a PM for pricing. As for services it's very simplistic and you basically retain the normal schedule along with the addition of checking the SC. it has it's own filter and oil cooler with the setup.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-15-19, 09:51 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Peleton

I Could almost guarantee you it would be upwards of 15k after Everything is All said & Done (shipping, install, etc...) I also have a 15' that only has 5k miles on it but I just couldn't imagine investing another 15k in it. I guess it All depends on what you want to do with the car, the RCF is Never going to be a 10 sec. quarter mile car unless you tub it out or make a drag car out of it & it's Never going to be one of the Fastest Track cars, IF you're still wanting to drive it on the street. As far as the LCF, i'm not really sure what the Fascination is with it, Especially with the Price Tag? I Guess it Sounds like I Don't like Lexus, but I LOVE my RCF (but just for what it is, just a nice comfortable street car). It's a Sneaky Quick car, but by No means a FAST Car as far as considering what's out there these days. Also, I LOVE my LS500, as far as Luxury to ME there isn't Anything Better! JMO
Old 04-16-19, 04:42 PM
RCFCoop
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I Could almost guarantee you it would be upwards of 15k after Everything is All said & Done (shipping, install, etc...) I also have a 15' that only has 5k miles on it but I just couldn't imagine investing another 15k in it. I guess it All depends on what you want to do with the car, the RCF is Never going to be a 10 sec. quarter mile car unless you tub it out or make a drag car out of it & it's Never going to be one of the Fastest Track cars, IF you're still wanting to drive it on the street. As far as the LCF, i'm not really sure what the Fascination is with it, Especially with the Price Tag? I Guess it Sounds like I Don't like Lexus, but I LOVE my RCF (but just for what it is, just a nice comfortable street car). It's a Sneaky Quick car, but by No means a FAST Car as far as considering what's out there these days. Also, I LOVE my LS500, as far as Luxury to ME there isn't Anything Better! JMO
No not the fastest at all. BUT either confuses people to the point of not trying or makes them wish they didn't try under most circumstances. during normal driving, at least out here, there is nothing that will make me wish I didn't try em.. If I take an L...oh well I love the L haha