RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Feels awesome to be driving RCF after 4 months

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-19 | 11:04 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Feels awesome to be driving RCF after 4 months

Yesterday, I finally took it out of hibernation and had not driven it in almost 4.5 months. Battery was completely dead so had to take my 'Genius' jump starter out to get it started. Took it for a wash (there was so much dirt that it will take a couple more washes to come off the carbon fiber) and then let it rip in 2nd and 3rd gear a few times on the freeway and in a few turns to recharge the battery. Being totally honest, I forgot how incredible this car feels when doing redline runs.

Now, modding begins shortly...

The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
GunnyFitz (03-18-19), slper (03-18-19)
Old 03-17-19 | 02:39 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Awesome! Nothing like spring time!
Old 03-17-19 | 02:55 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

I don't know how you do it. Not driving it for a few days sucks and I daily it for over 3 years!

Glad you able to drive it.
Old 03-17-19 | 03:08 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Yeah I finally brought mine out last Tuesday. I put her back away Friday night as winter isn’t totally quite done in Toronto just yet, but it should be back out Monday night as the weather is supposed to warm back up for Tuesday.
Old 03-17-19 | 04:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I don't know how you do it. Not driving it for a few days sucks and I daily it for over 3 years!

Glad you able to drive it.
Very true. The way I see it, I am making a "sacrifice" for the longer term good LOL The car will be in phenomenal shape in years to come with the paint etc. in almost brand new shape. Plus, it is no fun to drive the RCF in winter conditions.

Now that spring is here in Alberta, I am beginning to drive it earlier than I thought (initial thought was April), but great weather here now.

I have some interest in finding out my jump starter. It is a portable NOCO Genius GB40 and it is incredible. It is small and light that easily stores in your glove box. It starts a completely dead battery powering this big V8 like nothing. I mean, it was so dead, I had to use the mechanical key just to get in the car LOL Plus it has USB charging so you can use it as a source to charge your USB 2.0 phone, tablets etc. Also, you can use it as a power source for laptops etc. when the battery runs out

https://no.co/gb40

Originally Posted by brendanf
Yeah I finally brought mine out last Tuesday. I put her back away Friday night as winter isn’t totally quite done in Toronto just yet, but it should be back out Monday night as the weather is supposed to warm back up for Tuesday.

Yeah, it is almost spring here now in Calgary. Weather forecast is steady climb and sunny with temperatures going up to 18 C this week so time to drive the RCF. I am also planning my cat back exhaust mod shortly.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-17-19 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-17-19 | 04:42 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, it is almost spring here now in Calgary. Weather forecast is steady climb and sunny with temperatures going up to 18 C this week so time to drive the RCF. I am also planning my cat back exhaust mod shortly.
18C man you guys are lucky..

It's only supposed to be about 10C for us..
Old 03-17-19 | 05:03 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brendanf
18C man you guys are lucky..

It's only supposed to be about 10C for us..
Still good enough to drive the RCF. I have driven it around 2 - 3C and had no issues as long as I was easy on the throttle especially in sport+ mode.
Old 03-18-19 | 05:20 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up Good For You Buddy!

"Now, modding begins shortly..."..........Say it isn't so!!!!
Glad you got it out again, even though its isn't really April yet. Global Warming is definitely in full swing - it was 77 degrees here over the weekend! You don't refer to your F as "Her" or "She" do you Rolla?
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (03-18-19)
Old 03-18-19 | 06:34 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
"Now, modding begins shortly..."..........Say it isn't so!!!!
Glad you got it out again, even though its isn't really April yet. Global Warming is definitely in full swing - it was 77 degrees here over the weekend! You don't refer to your F as "Her" or "She" do you Rolla?
Haha...that is true. I am excited about how it is going to make the car more fun to drive.

Yeah, I tend to not associate a gender with my cars. Just a personal preference thing.
GunnyFitz (03-18-19)
Old 03-18-19 | 07:38 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool Ditto X 2

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Haha...that is true. I am excited about how it is going to make the car more fun to drive.
Yeah, I tend to not associate a gender with my cars. Just a personal preference thing.
Again, exactly the reason I asked. I have never referred to ANY of my vehicles (Ducati included) by either Gender. Curious if Female Drivers refer to their cars as "Him / Male" LOL. Must admit, I will be watching closely when your Mod List begins. You have the best grasp of this car within this Forum IMHO. Thanks to you, I went w Armytrix! (Well, the Vendor too)
Old 03-18-19 | 08:05 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Again, exactly the reason I asked. I have never referred to ANY of my vehicles (Ducati included) by either Gender. Curious if Female Drivers refer to their cars as "Him / Male" LOL. Must admit, I will be watching closely when your Mod List begins. You have the best grasp of this car within this Forum IMHO. Thanks to you, I went w Armytrix! (Well, the Vendor too)
Haha..of course, I remember you went with Armytrix since I recommended it LOL

I personally want to keep it very simple and not get into the valvetronic stuff. Just a simple Invidia catback exhaust and I will chop off its resonators to add more texture. That is the plan.
GunnyFitz (03-18-19)
Old 03-18-19 | 10:37 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Lucky bastard! I'm in Ottawa and still waiting for the roads to get better.

1. Patch up potholes
2. Snow melts
3. City workers hose down the islands and sidewalks
4. Street sweepers do their thing
5. I'm out on the road!

Too dirty out right now and still way to much salt and rocks. My car is in immaculate shape and I want to keep it that way so will wait until everything is perfect out... Very hard wait though!
Old 03-18-19 | 11:16 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I am very careful of those things. Where I live, roads are in very decent shape/well paved and the freeway is super smooth. Roads are clear as all of the snow melted off the roads (only banks on the sides). Rock chips are there on smaller city roads so I only drove on the freeway. Rock chips will be cleaned out later this month and the roads should be clean next month.

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Lucky bastard! I'm in Ottawa and still waiting for the roads to get better.

1. Patch up potholes
2. Snow melts
3. City workers hose down the islands and sidewalks
4. Street sweepers do their thing
5. I'm out on the road!

Too dirty out right now and still way to much salt and rocks. My car is in immaculate shape and I want to keep it that way so will wait until everything is perfect out... Very hard wait though!