RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

How to loose 200lbs in a Rcf.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-19, 09:43 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Same. stock hood is aluminum doubt it's 50. Amd Seibon hoods are not race quality real carbon. Its one carbon sheet over a fiber glass shell. Probably same weight as oem.

Let me know if you need help with the airbag lights. The pass seat is a lot trickier.

Originally Posted by theman
Where is this information confirmed? I could've sworn the stock hood was aluminum and weighs well under 50 lbs from the get go... but I'll be happy to take mine off and weigh it if it hasn't been listed elsewhere already.

LRC - good work on the savings so far... it's a shame SPARCO doesn't still have the Roadster seat, I still have one hanging around, but those were the same lightness as what you went with, but way easier for street use while being one of the most comfy fixed seats(with the optional lumbar pad) I've ever used.
Old 05-09-19, 08:52 AM
Dsully
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish they did what you did and change the seats on the track edition of the RC-F. I had a problem with one of my motors and they had to replace it which meant taking out my seat and taking it apart, but I saw the seat and the frame and those things are super heavy. If they changed the front and the back seats they could save even more weight!
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (05-11-19)
Old 05-09-19, 09:04 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm with you on that Sully, nice OEM level fixed back seats for the Track Edition would've dropped another 100# and with those cars hitting $100k with any sort of option box ticked I think Lexus should've sprung for that. They put minimal development investment into the car, and it actually has the cheaper level running gear tweaked, so Lexus is definitely making a killing on the $20k hike in cost.
Old 05-12-19, 02:27 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

And it's a pain to get them out I have to tape up the mounts so they don't scratch the plastic

Originally Posted by Dsully
I wish they did what you did and change the seats on the track edition of the RC-F. I had a problem with one of my motors and they had to replace it which meant taking out my seat and taking it apart, but I saw the seat and the frame and those things are super heavy. If they changed the front and the back seats they could save even more weight!
Old 12-17-20, 12:01 PM
bjgilli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid question but is overlay the only way to replace the centre console? i want the most authentic full carbon peices
Old 12-30-20, 12:44 PM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I honestly don't know of a full carbon fiber piece to replace. But I know some peoples do special order custom stuff. Typically, in my country, we also have a complete carbon bodyset for the RCF, it is not avaiblable to sell, but it looks very sexy.

What OP is doing is a thing I would do to my rcf too. Trying to shave off as much weight as possible. But with the strict laws I have around, I will probably hit a wall with the delete of oem seats.

Like for my IS300, I will probably try to lower the coilover weight, wheel weight and floating mass weight. It's the best to do, a discrete mod that offers lots of advantages in the field.
Old 09-19-23, 09:03 AM
Lancercool1992
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
Same. stock hood is aluminum doubt it's 50. Amd Seibon hoods are not race quality real carbon. Its one carbon sheet over a fiber glass shell. Probably same weight as oem.

Let me know if you need help with the airbag lights. The pass seat is a lot trickier.
I need help with the airbag lights, desparatly need extra knee room, if you see this please shed some light,