RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Molten Pearl RCF Arrives In Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-19 | 10:19 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Molten Pearl RCF Arrives In Seattle

It’s seems like yesterday when I ordered my RCF from Lexus of Seattle in December 2014 and it arrived January 27, 2015. It’s the only Molten Pearl RCF that was delivered to the dealership and the only one that was ever ordered from Lexus of Seattle. I love the color but most of Lexus United States dealers hated the color. The color was replaced in 2018 with Flare Yellow. Molten Pearl is still offered in other countries on current RCF models. It’s a color you either love or hate. I still have my RCF, now over four years old(less than 8,500 miles)and I still get thumbs up from other drivers and/or passengers and even pedestrians. It’s still a blast to drive. How do you like the color Molten Pearl(orange)?

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 04-01-19 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-02-19 | 06:08 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Very cool. Nice picture. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-02-19 | 06:30 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

That is awesome. The RCF is such an amazing car. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-02-19 | 12:11 PM
Jlesz
Driver

i have the same car but with the track package, love it
Old 04-02-19 | 06:50 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

I love mp, don’t get me wrong usbm 2.0 is a really nice color as well but man molten is a hella sharp color. I’m really surprised at how often I get compliments on it. I stopped at weis a few days ago to grab something for the wife and someone was out taking photos of the car as I was walking back, haha was pretty cool, very flattering. I gotta say tho, under fluorescent lighting the paint on this car is definitely on some other level.
Old 04-04-19 | 08:41 AM
Cucina
Driver School Candidate

I LOVE the color!!! Hope to see it around (South end here), only know of 1 other RCF in the area.
Old 04-04-19 | 10:34 AM
JT2MA71

Is this by chance the one I used to see drive by my garage on 100th street?
Old 04-04-19 | 12:12 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default RCF Caught By Club Lexus Member

Yes, you are correct. I haven’t seen your Ultra White RCF for a while on 100th St. I get my gas for my RCF at the Chevron just down the street.
Old 04-04-19 | 01:19 PM
Sit
Rookie

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa
It’s seems like yesterday when I ordered my RCF from Lexus of Seattle in December 2014 and it arrived January 27, 2015. It’s the only Molten Pearl RCF that was delivered to the dealership and the only one that was ever ordered from Lexus of Seattle. I love the color but most of Lexus United States dealers hated the color. The color was replaced in 2018 with Flare Yellow. Molten Pearl is still offered in other countries on current RCF models. It’s a color you either love or hate. I still have my RCF, now over four years old(less than 8,500 miles)and I still get thumbs up from other drivers and/or passengers and even pedestrians. It’s still a blast to drive. How do you like the color Molten Pearl(orange)?
Wow, thanks for sharing. I actually like the orange color. When I ordered mine, 2019, the orange was no longer available, the blue is great, but blue and the other colors I had owned at some point on another car over the years, except yellow. Some love and some don't pass much love on. I say, that's what makes cars so great, lots of different "flavors".

Old 04-04-19 | 04:05 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa
Yes, you are correct. I haven’t seen your Ultra White RCF for a while on 100th St. I get my gas for my RCF at the Chevron just down the street.
I knew it! I haven’t driven mine much this year yet. That’s just my shop you see me at on 100th. My buddy is renting the house and I hang out there often.

Ron
Old 04-04-19 | 06:48 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default I’ll See You Soon

It’s a small world I always say. Next time I drive by and see your RCF and I’m in mine, I’ll stop and talk shop. Thanks Ron,
Harry
The following users liked this post:
JT2MA71 (04-05-19)
Old 04-04-19 | 09:19 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default North Seattle RCF

Originally Posted by Cucina
I LOVE the color!!! Hope to see it around (South end here), only know of 1 other RCF in the area.
You can catch me in the north end. The farthest south my RCF has been is the Space Needle.
Old 04-05-19 | 04:17 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up Welcome-Welcome!

Cool story. Its actually VERY cool that you were present when that truck arrived with your F on the back of it man-they treat you good at Lexus of Seattle I assume? I see you're somewhat new here, did you post an intro Thread by chance? Would like to hear more about you and your Molten F Grandpa - interesting ScreenName,- does this insinuate your "Salty"status (a term of endearment used in the Corps) or that you actually have grandkids who think you are the most Super Cool Grandpa EVER - since you drive one of the hottest / unique "Molten" colored Lexus cars in Seattle?? .. And HOLY SMOKES - 10.5% Sales Tax out there?? You seriously had an annual Property Tax Bill of $700 on a 2015 RCF? Not to sound ignorant- but whats the name of that tall building you totally posed behind the pic of your F in?

Awesome stuff, allow me to welcome you to the RCF Group Grandpa! I'll have to go back and look for your "Grand-Introduction". I think you will be fitting in here very well my friend - Rolla is our Resident Expert on Molten TVDs and Im sure has already PM'd you to rave about the machine! Love to hear what/if any Mods you have done since that ride literally rolled off the back of that truck!

Semper Fi !!

Old 04-05-19 | 04:29 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Thank You Club Lexus

I’m retired now with four grand children, oldest is a freshman at Washington State University. Been a motor-head since before 16 years old. I’ve owned many Camaros and even Corvettes. I purchased a 2008 ISF brand new but I’ve always been a coupe guy. Was excited when Lexus was developing the RCF. Traded in my 2008 ISF for the new 2015 RCF. By the way the Seattle landmark Space Needle is behind my RCF and the guy on the sidewalk is not me, just a pedestrian walking by while I took some photos. I was parked illegally and it was very busy. I did not take the photo of my car on the transport, my salesperson did. Although I was down at the dealership within an hour to take several photos of it before it got serviced. Thanks for welcoming me to Club Lexus.

The delivery was on the showroom floor.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (08-30-19)
Old 04-06-19 | 07:04 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Too Cool

Great story my friend, awesome!
After looking closer, I swear I see a Moonroof on that car? So you dont have the Performance Package w Carbon Roof like Rolla does? Guessing you and I are riding with what's left of our hair in the wind eh?

Using the foolproof Porter Cable 7424xp prior to full PPF & Ceramic!

Quick Reply: Molten Pearl RCF Arrives In Seattle