RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

TPMS Reset

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-19, 08:03 AM
randbrus
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default TPMS Reset

I did some searching around and I can only find issues where the TPMS light is on. I had my tire replaced yesterday as well as the sensor (FR tire). I saw the tech scan each sensor and hook up a tool to re-learn I am assuming. The TPMS light is not lit on the dash, however I have no tire pressure reading on any of the tires. It's just a line. I did a reset by holding the button under the dash and have driven at least 40 miles and it still will not show the tire pressure. Am I missing something? The tech also said he was able to read all the sensors with the tool.
Old 04-05-19, 08:17 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Have the same issue with my NX. Lexus stated they fixed it two days ago. Same problem as yours, which is no tire pressure reading. Technician stated tire sensors work fine, and that the idiot tire pressure light also works fine. Car going back to dealership next week.
Old 04-05-19, 10:05 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

On my GS, I have the button and I click it once for the summer's and once after I replace and put the winters (two different set of rims/tires) This way it acknowledges which is which and accepts them. If I don't do this, I have the same problem. So instead of holding the button, just press it once, drive a bit and restart the car and all that and see if it goes away, if it doesn't work, try pushing it once again and go on with your day. If that doesn't work, I'd talk to the dealer and they should rectify the problem as they conducted the work and scanned the sensors.
Old 04-05-19, 10:52 AM
randbrus
Driver

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
On my GS, I have the button and I click it once for the summer's and once after I replace and put the winters (two different set of rims/tires) This way it acknowledges which is which and accepts them. If I don't do this, I have the same problem. So instead of holding the button, just press it once, drive a bit and restart the car and all that and see if it goes away, if it doesn't work, try pushing it once again and go on with your day. If that doesn't work, I'd talk to the dealer and they should rectify the problem as they conducted the work and scanned the sensors.

Was your TPMS light on though? Mine is not on, but the tire pressure is not reading. I'll try what you suggested.
Old 04-05-19, 10:55 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by randbrus
Was your TPMS light on though? Mine is not on, but the tire pressure is not reading. I'll try what you suggested.
The light was on yes. On my GS I don’t have the exact tire reading like on my RCF.
Old 04-05-19, 11:14 AM
randbrus
Driver

Thanks, really strange. I figured the light would be on because it cannot read the pressure or is not displaying it. I'll press it once when I leave work and see it it works. I'll check it in techstream as well.
Old 04-05-19, 11:22 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by randbrus
Thanks, really strange. I figured the light would be on because it cannot read the pressure or is not displaying it. I'll press it once when I leave work and see it it works. I'll check it in techstream as well.
it is strange ya. Maybe there is some kind of reset in the settings on the dash. Check the manual as there might be some info there. Worst case, go to the dealer and they should resolve it.
Old 04-05-19, 12:09 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I have same issues with after market sensors. No tire warning light but no actual pressure numeric reading.
Old 04-05-19, 04:01 PM
randbrus
Driver

Looks like dealer time. The shop scanned each sensor they all read out. Hooked up to my car registered. Unplugged and scanned again. Showed all senaor IDs registered to my vin. I grabbed all the id's off of his scanner. Maybe I can take a look with tech stream.
Old 04-05-19, 05:18 PM
randbrus
Driver

Here is what tech stream shows. Seeing the tire pressure of all 4 tires. I'm stumped. His reader showed different id's. The ones he has must read differently.

Last edited by randbrus; 04-05-19 at 05:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (08-28-19)
Old 04-06-19, 07:00 PM
wesrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can the tpms light be disabled
Old 04-08-19, 01:20 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,971 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Originally Posted by wesrcf
can the tpms light be disabled
Not easily.
Old 04-08-19, 01:27 PM
randbrus
Driver

It's still showing - - - for my tire pressure. I can't understand it as tech stream shows it.
Old 04-08-19, 02:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,971 Likes on 2,403 Posts

There is something not right with the Tire Pressure Monitor Initiator Driver. For some reason, there are three separate devices for the display - one front, one rear, and one master. These devices provide anti-aliasing so the display shows the pressure for the correct tire. Something is unhappy with some part of this system so none of the pressures can be displayed because the car isn't sure which one is which.

Since you have access to Techstream, you should run the signal check test mode and see if it generates a DTC. Troubleshooting this might not be easy.
Old 04-08-19, 03:04 PM
randbrus
Driver

Thanks, I'll go ahead and do that. They sure have to make this complicated. Would it be worth copying down the IDs and entering them into Tech Stream? I'm not sure what those IDs on the other computer are that the shop used. Frustrating

Quick Reply: TPMS Reset