RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2020 RCF Black Moldings

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-19, 07:35 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa
I remember Boss Moss from the cereal “Freakies”, he was my favorite! I’m sure that you will save a few dollars going through the local glass shop for the install as Lexus of Seattle did with my RCF. They just sublet it out to their glass shop they use all the time. I have been neglecting it the last couple of months(not driving it hardly at all) because I purchased a new LC 500 May 29th! I’ve got 325 miles on the odometer of the new LC which would have been RCF miles but I’ve had my RCF going on five years(9,088 miles on the odometer) so I thought I would get acquainted with the new car this summer. I don’t drive either car in the rain or any other kind of bad weather. Be sure to post photos of your RCF with it’s new window treatment. I guarantee that you will be greatly pleased with absolutely no remorse.
Wow, congrats on the LC! My dealer has a white one on the showroom floor, and boy is it tantalizing.
I plan to purchase the parts online from a dealer or Lexus parts site depending on price and shipping. Then I will get bids from glass companies - My dealer is overpriced, though I am not as loyal as a customer as you.
And yes Boss Moss is the leader of the Freakies clan - my favorite childhood cereal.

The following users liked this post:
RCFGrandpa (06-11-20)
Old 08-10-19, 08:19 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

My local dealership gave me a quote of $1344 for the window moldings installed, and that does not include the weatherstrip pieces. They quoted $550 for the labor and another $55.00 in "miscellaneous". Once they read the FSM and tell me that I need the weatherstrips replaced, that will add another $400 in parts and labor. Looking at $1700+, no thank you.

So, I got all the factory parts on order from LexusPartsNow - including the weatherstripping for $833.18 + $85.00 for shipping. I will be making an appointment with a glass shop for the install. I'll keep you posted on my final cost.
The following 2 users liked this post by BossMoss:
ba2sy (11-10-19), RCFGrandpa (08-10-19)
Old 08-10-19, 09:12 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Sounds Great

Does your state on internet purchases require sales tax to be included? Washington State is one that has to pay sales tax on everything bought including eBay. Now everything that I buy on the web is taxed 10.9%. It used to be an advantage purchasing on the internet. Sounds like you got a good deal. Did you use all the part numbers that I provided in this thread? Like I said previously, you will be greatly pleased with this update.
Old 08-11-19, 12:21 AM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Does your state on internet purchases require sales tax to be included? Washington State is one that has to pay sales tax on everything bought including eBay. Now everything that I buy on the web is taxed 10.9%. It used to be an advantage purchasing on the internet. Sounds like you got a good deal. Did you use all the part numbers that I provided in this thread? Like I said previously, you will be greatly pleased with this update.
No sales tax unless they have a location in Arizona. And I used the exact part numbers that you provided in this thread - Thank you for that!
RCFGrandpa (08-12-19)
Old 08-12-19, 10:45 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default BossMoss

Originally Posted by BossMoss
No sales tax unless they have a location in Arizona. And I used the exact part numbers that you provided in this thread - Thank you for that!
I have in a box somewhere in my storage a Boss Moss toy that came free in the cereal box back from the seventies. I will have to find it and post it especially for you! Good luck with your installation!
BossMoss (08-13-19)
Old 08-12-19, 10:49 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Boss Moss

Originally Posted by BossMoss
I just went to eBay to get this picture.

Freakies Cereal Boss Moss
BossMoss (08-13-19)
Old 08-17-19, 08:15 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default 2015 RCF with 2020 RCF Exterior Side Moldings

Got my 2015 RCF out today and took a few more photos of the black side moldings added in April. Mileage on the odometer as of today is 9,146. I took these at the same location I took photos of my new LC 500 on my other threads I started. I know that some of you ClubLexus members think that the cost is outrageous. $1,405.71 was my total cost for all of the parts needed to convert to the 2020 black side moldings plus installation. I have provided all needed part numbers and what I paid. Some of you have found the parts about the same price but going through your local glass shop to save a bit of money. More expensive than a wrap, but far better results and detail. I paid a lot of money for my RCF and I want to keep it looking good for years to come and I know that I won’t have any maintenance or problems with the factory moldings.

Along with the black exterior moldings, other factory exterior additions are 2016 Orange Brake calipers, and export RCF models rear wheel opening flare.

The following 3 users liked this post by RCFGrandpa:
ba2sy (11-10-19), BossMoss (08-18-19), tekjunke (08-17-19)
Old 08-20-19, 04:49 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Awesome Thread by our Resident Lexus Dealership Support King - RCF Grandpa!

This Chrome Delete business can involve some serious expenditures no doubt. Had one quote for Sides & Grille = $850 from a local Co that specializes in ENTIRE vehicle wraps, and as much as I love my Dealership, there is no way I'll pay them when they farm it out anyway. Bought all the 3M Wrap for the job, heat gun, tools, etc and for kicks I checked with the Co who did my PPF & CC which I'm sure glad I did. Time to return all of this Vinyl (Thank you Amazon Prime!) When it came to my Ducati's I was the "Glossy" Carbon Fiber King. However, I'm going with the "Dry Look" regardless of Interior CF appearance. I really like this
3M 1080 CFS12 Vinyl 3M 1080 CFS12 Vinyl
and will be having it applied on September 11th - hope this is a "Good" Omen!

Im puzzled at the mention of these Chrome Roof Rails and Part Numbers because I have zero Chrome up there, only on Sides and Lower Lip of Front Grille. Was this on the Performance Package / TVD Models only or something? Either way, your F looks awesome Grandpa! Time to do the Wheels now!
Old 08-20-19, 12:00 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Thank You GunnyFitz

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Awesome Thread by our Resident Lexus Dealership Support King - RCF Grandpa!

This Chrome Delete business can involve some serious expenditures no doubt. Had one quote for Sides & Grille = $850 from a local Co that specializes in ENTIRE vehicle wraps, and as much as I love my Dealership, there is no way I'll pay them when they farm it out anyway. Bought all the 3M Wrap for the job, heat gun, tools, etc and for kicks I checked with the Co who did my PPF & CC which I'm sure glad I did. Time to return all of this Vinyl (Thank you Amazon Prime!) When it came to my Ducati's I was the "Glossy" Carbon Fiber King. However, I'm going with the "Dry Look" regardless of Interior CF appearance. I really like this 3M 1080 CFS12 Vinyl and will be having it applied on September 11th - hope this is a "Good" Omen!

Im puzzled at the mention of these Chrome Roof Rails and Part Numbers because I have zero Chrome up there, only on Sides and Lower Lip of Front Grille. Was this on the Performance Package / TVD Models only or something? Either way, your F looks awesome Grandpa! Time to do the Wheels now!
Thanks for your kind words. This might be crazy but I’m thinking of the 2020 Track Edition Wheels! But yes, the wheels are next. Too hard to clean too. I’m guessing about 10k for a set of those new.

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 08-20-19 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add photo
GunnyFitz (08-21-19)
Old 08-21-19, 04:51 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up True That!

Thanks for your kind words. This might be crazy but I’m thinking of the 2020 Track Edition Wheels! But yes, the wheels are next. Too hard to clean too. I’m guessing about 10k for a set of those new.
You can certainly say that 10 times over on Cleaning those wheels - especially if you have the Brake Pads that initially came on the car! Others may disagree, but after having mine changed out per that TSB its been a MUCH more pleasant experience both cleaning and driving with the Replacement OEM Pads! I'll never track the car, but sure as hell rail on it hard, and honestly don't feel a loss of any stopping power whatsoever! Matter of fact, I think the TSB Pads are much more user friendly in stop n go traffic.

My Stock Wheels are peacefully sleeping inside these cool Michelin Tire Tote Bags which are fantastic! You may have read my horror story with 20" Wheels and their inability to withstand serious potholes. In hindsight, I never should've gone w 20s and now that Im back to a Staggered 19" Modular Wheel from BC Forged, I couldn't be happier my friend. (Something to consider if thinking on aftermarket wheels & tires) I have absolutely no idea how Lexus can claim our OEM wheels are so insanely expensive! I know your Dealer LOVES you Grandpa!

19s

20s

19s - NOT my Car, but I copied the exact Wheel Design from this hot LC500. I'll be doing a Pro Photo-shoot w mine Post Chrome Delete on 9/11
RCFGrandpa (02-09-20)
Old 08-21-19, 07:12 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

I like those rims and would like to put a pair on mine. I just can't see, with the cost, that happening but if you do it cant wait to see how it looks!

I think with the track edition Lexus just nailed the styling.
RCFGrandpa (02-09-20)
Old 08-21-19, 09:25 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,921 Likes on 1,355 Posts

RCFGrandpa, I know your preference for factory OEM stuff. But, have you thought about the base RCF OEM wheel for the 2015 - 2016 RCF? I like them a lot. I had them on my ISF. Easy to clean and IMO, a GREAT looking wheel They're a BBS forged wheel, so quality. IMHO, they look a lot like the TE wheel you are looking at, and a lot less expensive. They can be had quite reasonably on eBay.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 08-21-19 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-21-19, 08:50 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default 2017 - 2020 Standard Wheels

I actually have been looking for a set of these on eBay. The 2017-2020 RCF standard wheel looks great. Looks like it would be easier to clean. I’m guessing that I can find a used take-off set for around $2K. I’ve seen several sets for a bit higher and lower with free shipping. As you all know that I like to keep my RCF with factory Lexus parts. This is a way to get a nice set of wheels for the price of one new Track Edition wheel.

2017-2020 RCF standard wheel

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 08-21-19 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-21-19, 09:01 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Cost$$

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
I like those rims and would like to put a pair on mine. I just can't see, with the cost, that happening but if you do it cant wait to see how it looks!

I think with the track edition Lexus just nailed the styling.
I just can’t see putting into my RCF another $10K for wheels. I don’t plan to sell it because it was a birthday/retirement gift and my days on this great earth are getting numbered. But there again that might be the best reason for getting them. You can’t put a luggage rack on your coffin!
GunnyFitz (10-05-19)
Old 08-21-19, 10:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,921 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I actually have been looking for a set of these on eBay. The 2017-2020 RCF standard wheel looks great. Looks like it would be easier to clean. I’m guessing that I can find a used take-off set for around $2K. I’ve seen several sets for a bit higher and lower with free shipping. As you all know that I like to keep my RCF with factory Lexus parts. This is a way to get a nice set of wheels for the price of one new Track Edition wheel.
Personal preference, but I like the earlier base wheel much better than the later one.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 08-21-19 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 2020 RCF Black Moldings