RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

AC not working. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-19 | 03:02 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Default AC not working. Any ideas?

Hey guys,

AC doesn’t turn on. I didn’t notice a click or a chance in engine/revs in any way, no subtle symptom of an AC compressor kicking in. I’ve played with all the settings and waited long enough, tried it in the highway and still nothing.

Anyone have ave any insight on this?

Thanks!
Old 05-05-19 | 03:47 PM
Limelight
Driver

Still under warranty right? I’d be making an appointment at the dealer!
Old 05-05-19 | 03:58 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Limelight
Still under warranty right? I’d be making an appointment at the dealer!
I’m going to look into it. I think comprehension coverage still applies for me till June.

Last edited by BlueRCF10; 05-05-19 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-06-19 | 08:15 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

start with the basics and check the belt, make sure it didn't snap or is holding on by a thread. Next, check the relays, there are probably a few different ones within each fuse box. (inside car and under hood) You'll have to check the owners manual for the exact locations though. Without a click or any symptoms beforehand of blowing hot air or coming on and then going out randomly, the relays are a decent culprit. If all of this checks out ok, then strap in for the ride, bad compressor / blower fan in your future.
Old 05-08-19 | 06:11 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Mine was blowing hot air. Problem was the AC solenoid. Covered by warranty and service adviser commented that he has seen a lot of RC with the issue..
Old 05-08-19 | 07:04 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ChuH
Mine was blowing hot air. Problem was the AC solenoid. Covered by warranty and service adviser commented that he has seen a lot of RC with the issue..
Thats excellent news! I’ll mention this so my service Manager that I deal with. Thank you!!
Old 05-08-19 | 09:42 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

I had 6 or 7 servos going bad causing issues with vents opening or not opening. Repair under warranty other would have cost $3K. I was told its a common issues, and ECU had these error codes saved when it was scanned by the service tech.
Old 05-09-19 | 07:13 PM
RCF4DAD
Driver

Default A/C Not Working

Unusual for A/C not working? Is it not blowing Cold, or is it Not Blowing at all? Mind Farts, could be as simple as FAN got turned off accidentally...compressor won't CLIK in unless fan is on at least Speed 1....IF fan works, but not blowing cold then likely a stone or something may have put a tiny hole in A/C line..(VERY fragile), again, if no refrigerant, Compressor won't CLIK.
  • CHECK Fan ON/OFF?
  • If fan on, may need a line test by a technician to look for leaks.
  • Lexus/Toyota have the MOST reliable A/C units in the World, so hopefully, just something simple.
Old 05-10-19 | 03:21 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by ChuH
Yeah that happened to my 2015 RCF too...
Old 05-10-19 | 04:29 PM
RCF4DAD
Driver

Glad it got sorted out for you.
Old 05-10-19 | 04:44 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Mine is blowing hot and I can’t here a click. I’d have to pop the hood and have someone turn on the AC from the inside to confirm this but from what I recall I can’t hear it.

I have my appointment booked for the 22nd. I’ll have answers then! Hope it’s a quick fix and hopefully it’s under warranty.
Old 12-13-22 | 03:50 PM
CarGoBoom
Rookie

Default AC Solenoid

Anyone have a part number for the solenoid? I know it's an old thread but I figured I'd try to get some help. My ac is blowing warm air even though the AC is on.
Old 12-14-22 | 10:05 PM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CarGoBoom
Anyone have a part number for the solenoid? I know it's an old thread but I figured I'd try to get some help. My ac is blowing warm air even though the AC is on.
Looks like there are seven different servo part #s, depends on which DTCs are being triggered in TIS Tech Stream.

I just experienced this issue today on my 2015, driver's side is blowing hot air while passenger side is blowing cold air. The driver's side air is hot! Adjusting the temp does nothing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-TCI-5286-en.pdf (1.19 MB, 150 views)
Old 12-15-22 | 11:25 AM
CarGoBoom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Phinatic
Looks like there are seven different servo part #s, depends on which DTCs are being triggered in TIS Tech Stream.

I just experienced this issue today on my 2015, driver's side is blowing hot air while passenger side is blowing cold air. The driver's side air is hot! Adjusting the temp does nothing.

Thanks for attaching the file from the service manual. I was about to pull up this exact document today. It's disappointing there isn't a recall on this since it's relatively common. I'll hook up a scan tool and see what I can find and report back.
Old 12-16-22 | 10:42 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CarGoBoom
Originally Posted by Phinatic

Aren't you guys not aware there was TSB for this issue? Lexus was offering primary coverage until January 2022 regardless of mileage along with subsequent secondary coverage for 7 years or 125,000 miles. A/C module reprogramming or replacement of servo at no cost to owner.

For me luckily a simple A/C module reprogramming resolved the issue, car was ready to go within a few hours.

Quick Reply: AC not working. Any ideas?