RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Have PCS, but no switch to turn it off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-19, 01:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,789 Posts
Default Have PCS, but no switch to turn it off?

So, I have the most loaded RCF you buy north of the border with everything except the headlight washers. My car is definitely equipped with PCS since on start up, I can see the light come on and then it vanishes when the system checks are complete. In order to turn it off, there is supposed to be a switch, but looked everywhere including under the steering, but could not find any switch to turn it off.

I know US models are supposed to have a switch to turn it off, but mine (being a Canadian model) does not have one. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on?
Old 05-11-19, 02:13 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 870 Likes on 656 Posts

Right steering wheel controls for the Driver Information Center on the dash, touch the left
side of the four (4) square rocker and find PCS. Press the white dot button in the center
and press again for Off. Note: it will default On every time you restart. If it is not available
on the Canadian model I would not have a clue, wonder why not? You folks have had the
Daytime Running Lights by law and apparently cannot defeat the DRL's as we can but PCS?
Old 05-11-19, 02:14 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Lou
Old 05-11-19, 02:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I saw that in my manual, but for some odd reason, I don't have that switch. Cannot see it (as I stated in my OP).

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou

Thanks. I will try it out. My suspicion is leaning towards it not being defeatable (DRL being tied to it is definitely a possibility). Yeah, DRL is mandatory here. The LED strip is always on.

Originally Posted by mcomer
Right steering wheel controls for the Driver Information Center on the dash, touch the left
side of the four (4) square rocker and find PCS. Press the white dot button in the center
and press again for Off. Note: it will default On every time you restart. If it is not available
on the Canadian model I would not have a clue, wonder why not? You folks have had the
Daytime Running Lights by law and apparently cannot defeat the DRL's as we can but PCS?

Old 05-12-19, 05:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like I don't have a physical switch. I also don't have any setting for it in the infotainment. One possibility I might have to look into, is seeing if it is paired with parking sensor, intuitive assist etc. or any of the other systems. I might have to check with the dealership when I take it there next week.
Old 05-13-19, 05:22 AM
liro
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Canadian spec has the switch and I've had it turned off since acquiring the car three years ago. Also fully loaded except for the headlight washer.

I turned it off because of two very close calls due to PCS system off cutting my throttle mid-lane change and almost getting rear-ended.
Old 05-13-19, 06:21 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by liro
My Canadian spec has the switch and I've had it turned off since acquiring the car three years ago. Also fully loaded except for the headlight washer.

I turned it off because of two very close calls due to PCS system off cutting my throttle mid-lane change and almost getting rear-ended.
Is your button near the button of the steering wheel as well?
Old 05-13-19, 10:43 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Exactly why I turned mine off (via the switch mentioned in Lou's manual post above) but it only took one close call. Went home and shut it off that same evening. And just because I find it funny to keep mentioning....I do have the headlight washers. They choose the strangest times to fire, usually when the car has just been washed.

Back on topic - Rolla wouldn't the dealer know this?
Old 05-13-19, 10:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I am taking it to the dealership next week for service/maintenance/alignment etc. so I will ask them about it.

Originally Posted by Apone
Exactly why I turned mine off (via the switch mentioned in Lou's manual post above) but it only took one close call. Went home and shut it off that same evening. And just because I find it funny to keep mentioning....I do have the headlight washers. They choose the strangest times to fire, usually when the car has just been washed.

Back on topic - Rolla wouldn't the dealer know this?
Old 05-13-19, 09:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

While playing with the settings, I found a way to turn PCS off, but not in the way I should. If I hold down the traction control for 3 seconds, traction control turns off. If I keep the button pressed down for 5 - 7 seconds, it turns off both PCS and stability control. Not the way I was hoping for. Search continues.
Old 05-14-19, 09:51 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,050 Likes on 2,455 Posts

Is there a blank panel where the switch should be? It might be as simple as buying a switch and plugging it in.

The connector is a two pin connector with a purple and white with black stripe wires in it. It might be hiding behind the panel - not sure if there are laws in Canada restricting user's ability to disable "safety" systems. The switch is 84770-50010.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 05-14-19 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-14-19, 10:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Is there a blank panel where the switch should be? It might be as simple as buying a switch and plugging it in.
I will check, but I think the switch should be there somewhere. That is what I am confused about that the switch should be there unless someone messed up at the Tahara plant.
Old 05-15-19, 05:04 AM
liro
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The switch should be next or close to the ODB port. It's out of reach and hidden from the driving position.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (05-15-19)
Old 05-15-19, 06:19 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The switch should be next or close to the ODB port. It's out of reach and hidden from the driving position.
Thanks. That is what I was looking for. Looks like I am really going to have to get under the steering in the driver's footwell.
Old 05-15-19, 12:57 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

ok, I thought for sure you had looked, via the pic Lou posted. It's definitely not easily seen from the driving position. I definitely had to get out and stick my head down there to find it.

Quick Reply: Have PCS, but no switch to turn it off?