RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Happy and Sad day, Farewell RCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 11:10 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Happy and Sad day, Farewell RCF

Well, Got rid of of my 2015 RCF last week, had almost 40k miles. It was a great car, but I got in a wreck with it and just never drove the same anymore after that. Now, I am in a 2019 Camaro 2SS w/ Performance enthusiast package so it's track ready & has upgraded brakes and suspension. It has 6 piston front red brembos and 4 rear and magnetic ride control. Right away the camaro is way more dramatic in driving, while the RCF is more chill and reserved. Also camaro feels faster with more torque, don't know if it is though & launch control is a plus. Ill still be searching here because I'm a Lexus fan, but not as frequently and I'm not very liked by the mods here lol! Thanks for the good times and conversations! This Camaro had a $53k sticker fully loaded, every option available from the factory. It also has red interior matching my brakes & wheels.

The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (05-26-19)
Old 05-13-19, 12:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Looks great. All the best with your new car. You were a great member of this forum. Hope you stick around on the forum.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-13-19 at 01:48 PM.
shadow1118 (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 01:42 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, sad to see you go, but enjoy your new ride!!
shadow1118 (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 04:20 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Looks great. All the best with your new car. You were a great member of this forum. Hope you stick around on the forum.
Thanks man it was great speaking to ya and talking cars. Keep that Molten RCF clean!! (I know there wont be any problems regarding that!!!!!!)
Originally Posted by tuscani66
Congrats on the purchase, sad to see you go, but enjoy your new ride!!
Thanks man.
Old 05-13-19, 04:22 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 316 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats!! Enjoy your new Camaro, looks sharp!!
shadow1118 (05-13-19)
Old 05-13-19, 06:43 PM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful car man. Unfortunately within 4 months of ownership my F got rear ended and it was never the same for me. Its sad but life goes on. Either way enjoy in good health. When you have the time. How is the new SS? Comparing it to the F?
Old 05-13-19, 07:29 PM
tekjunke
Rookie

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Congratulations! New cars are always allot of fun. (plus the new car smell)
Old 05-14-19, 03:05 AM
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

you mentioned that it "had" a sticker price of $53k, so...you gonna leave us hanging on the otd price?
Old 05-14-19, 05:37 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Wasn't there another Member here who did the same thing? Chevy definitely gives you a lot for the price, but it has to be a drastic change, no?
Old 05-14-19, 08:01 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

great performance car man, can't believe you didn't go for a manual!

I'm sure it is the suspension and the gear ratios contributing to that more dramatic feeling.
Old 05-14-19, 12:22 PM
jafsport
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The only thing i hate about the new one is the front end. Cant get over that Bowtie on the bumper. either way congrats!

Last edited by jafsport; 05-14-19 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-15-19, 05:54 AM
Blze001
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Wasn't there another Member here who did the same thing? Chevy definitely gives you a lot for the price, but it has to be a drastic change, no?
They're fast V8 two-doors, but beyond that they're different animals. Camaro is more fun to throw around, RC-F is more pleasant to cruise on the highway. Both will drag your eyeballs into your head when you hit the skinny pedal, which will always get my respect.
Old 05-25-19, 11:47 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Just want to get this last post in to address the questions and comments! Was very busy last week. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by AgentWin
Beautiful car man. Unfortunately within 4 months of ownership my F got rear ended and it was never the same for me. Its sad but life goes on. Either way enjoy in good health. When you have the time. How is the new SS? Comparing it to the F?
So obviously there is a big difference between the two. My RCF didnt have AVS, upgraded audio and now my camaro has the ferrari tech that is magnetic ride control, which is so smooth and Bose speakers that absolutely have alot of bass. My whole car shakes. So thats a plus. A fully loaded RCF would be better. You know how on the cooled seats dont really work on the RCF?, on the camaro they work amazing so thats also a plus & Im in Florida. I enjoy having the almost 70lbs feet of torque more also. Personally I enjoy the 6.2 more than the 5 liter. An RCF really needs an exhaust asap to wake it up. I like how my camaro came with an active exhaust I can put to silent mode entering the neighborhood and put it to 'track' mode out on the street and make it so loud. So thats also nice. RCF seats are more stylish and comfortable but the camaro ss seats are nice too and still comfy. I can my monthly 4 hour commute fine, there is no lumbar support on the camaro so that sucks. RCF backseats can actually fit people, not the camaro. My 6 foot 2 friend could sit in the backseat of my rcf just fine, not the camaro. Thats about everything i can think of. Biggest issue I have is the quality of pain on the camaro, i had the 3 stage on my RCF and loved it. so thats what I miss the most haha, the paint. GM paint ****ing sucks.

Originally Posted by 46750
you mentioned that it "had" a sticker price of $53k, so...you gonna leave us hanging on the otd price?
like low 46 and change for the OTD price, I bamboozled them. went at the end of the month, on a fri, an hour until they closed, asked if they sold anything today & they told me no and i pointed at the camaro, the most and low balled them and they took it. LOOOLLLLLLLL, I saw it had a 53k sticker and told them ill do $46k OTD, they had to call the the owner and special allow the sale. They said some sales are better than no sales when it comes to cars.

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Yes he did, I remember him. It was a big reason I I went to check out the camaro. Price wises, there was an Audi S3 brand new near me for $53k , but coming from the RCF I wanted two doors and a v8 & an audi S5 is a like $75k, which is nuts but I get it.

Originally Posted by Apone
great performance car man, can't believe you didn't go for a manual!

I'm sure it is the suspension and the gear ratios contributing to that more dramatic feeling.
This 10 speed is as good as the RCF transmission so It could be that, IDK

Originally Posted by jafsport
The only thing i hate about the new one is the front end. Cant get over that Bowtie on the bumper. either way congrats!
I like controversy so It drew me to it. I like that not everyone loves it. The same could be said for the RCF too actually, which is why I loved it also.

Originally Posted by Blze001
They're fast V8 two-doors, but beyond that they're different animals. Camaro is more fun to throw around, RC-F is more pleasant to cruise on the highway. Both will drag your eyeballs into your head when you hit the skinny pedal, which will always get my respect.
I could agree with this. They both get itch out when you wanna go fast.

Last edited by shadow1118; 05-25-19 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-25-19, 02:42 PM
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1118
like low 46 and change for the OTD price, I bamboozled them. went at the end of the month, on a fri, an hour until they closed, asked if they sold anything today & they told me no and i pointed at the camaro, the most and low balled them and they took it. LOOOLLLLLLLL, I saw it had a 53k sticker and told them ill do $46k OTD, they had to call the the owner and special allow the sale. They said some sales are better than no sales when it comes to cars.
That's a solid deal man, nice work!