RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RRRacing Valved Exhaust section Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-19, 04:18 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RRRacing Valved Exhaust section Installed

So I finally got around to doing what I have been whining about for months. I went over to RRRacing and got the valved section of the bazooka exhaust installed onto my Borla system.

In terms of:

Sound - VALVES CLOSED = just what I wanted. Still has sound and texture to it, you can feel the sound but it is not overwhelming in terms of volume. It sounds like a narrower frequency range coming out of it. I like this because I can give the car more throttle without making so much noise. VALVES OPEN - it's louder, and I have heard it described as louder than Borla open. I don't think it is personally. I did not measure it with a decibel meter. It still screams in a tunnel and I like it. Same sound as closed, just more of it.

Look - The RR product has black carbon (look?) tips on it. They are rounded and I like them better than the prior RR tips that had sort of a cut-out design. What I don't love is that the muffler is black, the tips are black but the clamps to hold the tips (Borla had no clamps) are shiny and bulky. Depending on where you are standing you can see them clearly and it looks added. The Borla has polished tips and they look pretty neat and tidy. If you did not know better it could look factory. I do prefer the black tip look though, just have to do something with those clamps. Suppose I could have them permanently tack welded

Performance - the car feels great. It's not any faster, I think I'm just pressing the pedal harder because the exhaust is a bit quieter. That's a win for me.

Service - the brothers (Simon & Rafi) and their team were great as usual, let me walk around in the shop area poking at various items while the work was done. I poked at an ultimate response steering bushing I had been contemplating and got one but that is another thread. Rafi is always fun to talk to while he has his hands deep into whatever he's building that day. The guys packed the prior mufflers in a box for me to take home.

NOTE - I did not lift the RR mufflers but I have moved the stock ones and now the Borla. The Borla mufflers are quite light. I knew that from specs but was still surprised when I got them out of the car.

FINAL - the car can be quiet when I want, louder when I want. I'm happy.

you can see the tips and the clamps in this photo
The following 3 users liked this post by Apone:
konichiwa3 (05-18-19), RRRacing (05-20-19), sensai (05-18-19)
Old 05-19-19, 02:41 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Hmmm

How about a Steering Brace?
Old 05-19-19, 05:58 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
How about a Steering Brace?
Ok Gunny -cease fire. No actual malice was intended and I did not read that entire thing before posting. It was a poor attempt at humor.