RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Upgraded or Downgraded

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-19, 09:44 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Haha, the 2006 SLK55 AMG and the 2006 SLK280 we had were problems free FOR THE TIME WE HAD THEM. Bought them both used during 2008 about 6 months apart. Kept the SLK280 until 2014 and sold it at some 68K miles as I recalled. Kept the SLK55 AMG until 2018 (at some 65K miles as I recalled) and traded it for a GLA250 4Matic for my son (didn't think the SLK55 AMG will get a good fit for a teenager). The SLK55 AMG WAS fun all around, but flexed a lot around driveways and turns.

I liked the RCF better overall.

Originally Posted by bob67
Past cars.../ old memories...

Two '57 Chevys. As first cars they were great!. One, a two speed automatic, the other the 3 speed shift on the column.
'67 Camaro SS nice, but typical GM quality. Some horsepower, just could not take a corner like a real sports car
Camaro IROC Fast was fun, but 1/2 of them were stolen in Dallas, so about every other week got pulled over so cops could verify it was really mine. Eventually mine got stolen as well.
Mercedes SLK AMG Nice interior and exterior, some acceleration, but wished it could corner like a real sports car. Loved the convertible/hardtop. ML system was wonderful, so many speakers in such a small interior really made a great sound system. Mazda Miata Like others stated, felt faster than it was, but fun to drive. Like my SLK, a convertible/hardtop, which I really liked as an option.

If I had the money, I would of kept them all, each had a quality that kept me attached to them.

Oh, and lots of motorcycles, to many to count.

The RCF is a keeper, since it has luxury and dependability, but still has the horsepower, and a decent cornering ability when I feel the need for speed!
The following users liked this post:
Dribble (06-04-19)