RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Buyers Remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-19, 12:49 PM
Dribble
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Buyers Remorse?

This is not for me...lol....I am happy and love y new RCF. I was curious to ask though - everyone (for the most part seem to be on this forum to praise the RCF). Is there anyone on the forum that has or had buyers remorse after buying an RCF? If so why? Change of heart? Felt bad about spending the money? The car wasn't what you expected?

Just curious.
Old 06-24-19, 01:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,506 Likes on 1,802 Posts

As the engine has opened up more and with the full catback exhaust, it keeps getting better and better than how I felt when I bought it.

Downshifting to 2nd gear at 80 km/h while merging on to a freeway and then gunning it to redline while merging up to top of 3rd gear, really brings everything together and the car starts making sense. The throttle response, the intense sound and how the power keeps building until you hit the rev-limiter. I wasted a newer gen Golf R trying to speed up and get ahead while I was trying to merge in LOL
The following users liked this post:
ba2sy (06-26-19)
Old 06-24-19, 01:54 PM
Dribble
Driver

Rolla - so you really felt the difference with the upgraded exhaust. Not just in the sound - the feel?

The Invidia sounds great!! How are your burnt tips holding up? I heard some exhaust with the nice burnt blue colour fades.
Old 06-24-19, 02:21 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dribble
Rolla - so you really felt the difference with the upgraded exhaust. Not just in the sound - the feel?

The Invidia sounds great!! How are your burnt tips holding up? I heard some exhaust with the nice burnt blue colour fades.
Yes, very noticeable in the high rpms where the biggest change is especially from 3rd gear onwards, it seems to rev forever and keeps building more and more power till rev limiter. Midrange is also has some improvements. I have not dyno'ed mine, but it typically gains around 18 - 20 whp.

Invidia makes great quality exhausts and the burnt blue tips are holding up well. Cannot notice any fade. I just use WD-40 to clean the tips and they are as good as new. No metal polish or anything as they can cause fade.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-24-19 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-24-19, 04:30 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I think that there were people who did, many have moved on.
Old 06-24-19, 04:49 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

Zero Buyers remorse.

I wanted a car that could be driven all the time for hours at a time. I wanted the ability to get stuck in traffic or do a 400 mile freeway drive in comfort. Then be able to drive the car like a serious performance car. This car delivers. You can cruise in comfort for hours than blast a stretch of Highway 1. You can surprise other people with the performance and then still walk and hear at the end of the day. Truly an amazing car.
bob67 (06-26-19)
Old 06-24-19, 04:50 PM
CraigMak
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You're not going to see content like that on this forum. In my experience this forum is extremely censored and the koolaid is kept at extremely strong levels. A few years ago I posted some gripes about the IS 350 and was met with only attacks, flaming and some idiot mod kept posting spam about an SUV all over my thread multiple times in an attempt to bury my comments.
Old 06-24-19, 04:58 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigMak
You're not going to see content like that on this forum. In my experience this forum is extremely censored and the koolaid is kept at extremely strong levels. A few years ago I posted some gripes about the IS 350 and was met with only attacks, flaming and some idiot mod kept posting spam about an SUV all over my thread multiple times in an attempt to bury my comments.

I am a total car Junkie.

I love other brands.

I will hopefully own a modern 911 Porsche one day. I have driven a lot of 911's and they are amazing. I think honestly the best sports car for the money. But expensive and expensive to maintain.

I also would love to own a Nissan GTR. Amazing car.

I will pass on these cars if Lexus builds an insane performance car for 100K.

Would kill for an LFA ....but you know, sucks being poor....lol
Old 06-24-19, 04:59 PM
vbb

Received 198 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigMak
Sorry you feel that way. Kind of interesting too, considering you asked us to compare the RCF, M4 and 997 and got over 3 pages of honest discussion. If you thought that way about this forum, I'm unsure why you'd even ask for our thoughts.

Of course there will be some fanboyism but on the whole I think people here are willing to be fair. Of course we chose the RC F over several other vehicles, so there had to be something we liked about the car.
Old 06-24-19, 05:12 PM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had buyer remorse back in 2016 when I bought my car. I only test drive the m3/4 before the RcF. So I didnt get any seat time with the c63s. But that feeling went away soon after. The RcF is a great car, I got caught up in all the reviews and I already formed a negative opinion toward the car before i even gave it a decent chance.
5 months after ownership, I test drove the c63s and went back home in my RcF. She may not be the fastest but she does everything else right. That and my gf prefer to show up in a fancy Lexus RcF than a nissan GTR when we go out to dinner loool!
ba2sy (06-26-19)
Old 06-24-19, 06:12 PM
Dribble
Driver

Originally Posted by Apone
I think that there were people who did, many have moved on.

I thought that as I am a bit late to the game. Just curious out of the remaining members who still frequent the forum.
Old 06-24-19, 06:52 PM
CraigMak
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Sorry you feel that way. Kind of interesting too, considering you asked us to compare the RCF, M4 and 997 and got over 3 pages of honest discussion. If you thought that way about this forum, I'm unsure why you'd even ask for our thoughts.

Of course there will be some fanboyism but on the whole I think people here are willing to be fair. Of course we chose the RC F over several other vehicles, so there had to be something we liked about the car.
Yeah, I decided to give it a second chance as I became interested in the RC-F and that experience was several years ago. Taking all the opinions in with a grain of salt because they will be biased towards the particular forum they come from. It can be useful to see what aspects of the cars the owners hold most important. Also hoping that maybe those immature fanboys stick to the IS threads. I understand that fanboy behavior occurs but the mod blatantly spamming my thread was quite ridiculous.

I'm patient because I know that depreciation is my friend so just taking in as much info as I can get right now. So far it's been a much better experience than the first time around.
Old 06-24-19, 10:06 PM
vbb

Received 198 Likes on 96 Posts

I've been participating on car discussion forums for nearly 20yrs. Some are way more mature than others. Some sections of the same forum are more mature. And yes, it is usually directly linked to the make and model of the car. I'm obviously biased, but the IS F and RC F sections of CL have a lot of mature, thoughtful and helpful participants. I've owned a lot of different vehicles and think I'm fair about the pros and cons of each.
Old 06-26-19, 11:23 AM
jafsport
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

this car is the complete package. From Interior to the naturally aspirated v8 engine to the hood vent and body design and cant forget the unique blue (ultra sonic blue). You just cant find this in any other car. Only complain i have honestly is the weight. i wished it weigh a couple hundred less but i dont plan to track it anyways.

Love the car.
Old 06-26-19, 01:57 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jafsport
this car is the complete package. From Interior to the naturally aspirated v8 engine to the hood vent and body design and cant forget the unique blue (ultra sonic blue). You just cant find this in any other car. Only complain i have honestly is the weight. i wished it weigh a couple hundred less but i dont plan to track it anyways.

Love the car.
Sounds like a broken record, but having driven with TVD a lot, TVD seems like a must for a car like RCF since makes the nose hyperactive and on-center steering response is so sharp that it makes the car feel very short. It simply helps a lot in masking the weight as there is very little side to side shift. Also, since we have soft tires, having stiffer tires will help in controlling roll/pitch and side to side weight shift.
Dribble (06-27-19)

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse?