RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus F Cars of Edmonton, Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-19 | 09:36 PM
Ladhark
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus F Cars of Edmonton, Alberta

Anyone here from Edmonton or Calgary??

This is my Car. I met someone with USB today in Edmonton. Are u here?
Old 07-08-19 | 04:24 AM
Roche
Driver

Saw you on Whyte yesterday. Here's mine a few days ago after a fresh detail and coat of wax. She's is a 15 and all stock for now but I'm saving up for a slew of upgrades that are on my wish list. We'll have to meet up some time so I can hear your exhaust from inside the car. It sounded awesome when you drove by.
The following users liked this post:
Ladhark (07-08-19)
Old 07-08-19 | 06:23 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

We have a meeting happening in Calgary on the 27th or 28th (saturday or sunday) of this month. If you guys are interested in a meet in Calgary, please see the thread below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...s-welcome.html

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-08-19 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-08-19 | 07:53 AM
Ladhark
Driver School Candidate

Very clean car Roche. I really like the USB 2.0. We can definitely meet up the coming weekend for the exhaust . Join the group below on FB if u can
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lexu...target&fref=nf
Old 07-08-19 | 11:25 AM
Roche
Driver

I'd love to come Rolla, but it's a long round trip just for the day and I'm not sure I can get away for an overnight right now. It'd be amazing to hear some different exhaust options in person though since that'll be my first upgrade when I'm ready. Been watching all the videos and reading the reviews posted here but it's so hard to decide without hearing in person.
Old 07-08-19 | 12:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Roche
I'd love to come Rolla, but it's a long round trip just for the day and I'm not sure I can get away for an overnight right now. It'd be amazing to hear some different exhaust options in person though since that'll be my first upgrade when I'm ready. Been watching all the videos and reading the reviews posted here but it's so hard to decide without hearing in person.
Yeah, definitely my Invidia is something you would be interested in listening to in real life. Maybe, if you happen to swing by Calgary at some point, we can arrange for a meeting. Could not be happier with it. I have the option of doing resonator delete on the Invidia next year, but for now it suits my taste perfectly. Rich, textured and very melodic noise where it is loud without being too loud. I mostly drive with my 4 year old daughter and wife so the sophistication of this exhaust really fits well.
Old 07-08-19 | 02:47 PM
Roche
Driver

I'm basically in the same boat as you but kid is a bit younger. I'd thought about the armytrix or another valved system to keep it quieter when I need but the cost is steering me towards a system that sounds good without being too loud.
Old 07-08-19 | 03:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Roche
I'm basically in the same boat as you but kid is a bit younger. I'd thought about the armytrix or another valved system to keep it quieter when I need but the cost is steering me towards a system that sounds good without being too loud.
Yeah, valved exhausts are expensive. I got Invidia full catback with the titanium burnt blue tips shopped for $1700 to my door. More importantly, the quality of noise is unlike that of a muscle car noise. I did not want it to sound like a V8 muscle car noise and it is very different. It is unmistakeable V8 noise, but it is very melodic, smooth and tends to be on the higher pitch side. Some people may think it is on the quiet side, but for me it is perfect. It is 2.8 inches in diameter so it has the largest diameter available for the RCF so it flows very well. The resonators can always be removed to add more volume, pitch, but I am scared to mess the perfection up.

Here is my video of cold start and light revs

Old 07-08-19 | 06:52 PM
Roche
Driver

I like it but so hard to tell in a video. Sounds similar to stock with a bit more depth but I'm sure the recording doesn't do it justice. I'll let you know next time we are coming through Calgary (usually hit Canmore a couple times per year) in case it works out to meet up for a coffee or something.

Thanks for posting all the info on your switch to Invidia, I was following with interest. Now that the Borla is off the table it's one of the ones I'm leaning towards. The recent posts on the resonator and muffler delete have me interested as a cheap option but doesn't help with the mid pipe. A neighbour of mine also just had his friend build a custom system for his SRT that sounds amazing for under $1000 so that's an option but there's no way to know how it will sound until you pick the car up.

I may still be a year off from starting my upgrades though so no rush.
Old 07-08-19 | 08:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely much louder and more aggressive tone/pitch than the stock exhaust. The piping also goes up from 2.0 inches to 2.8 inches. Also, there are no secondary cats. Personally, the build quality of Invidia is unbeatable for the price (see video below). Also the tips looks amazing. Borla tends to lean more towards muscle-car like burly, thick and muscular tone. Invidia tends to lean towards smooth, textured, musical almost flute-like tone. Definitely, two very different tastes.for very different audience.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-08-19 at 08:53 PM.