RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Looking at 2016-2017 Lexus RC F

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-19, 02:18 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by springroll
Option #1 - 2016 Red/Beige - 12k miles - $50k before fees/tax. Includes all options - CPO Lexus

i just offered the dealer 46k for option 1 and they told me once the vehicle completes the inspection, they will let me know the final numbers.
lol they didnt accept the offer
Old 07-08-19, 02:27 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Option #1 - 2016 Red/Beige - 12k miles - $50k before fees/tax. Includes all options - CPO Lexus

i just offered the dealer 46k for option 1 and they told me once the vehicle completes the inspection, they will let me know the final numbers.
I gave $48,700 before tax for my 2015 one year and 1 day ago near Milwaukee. Fully loaded red\black, 1 owner, CPO 17k miles with almost every option except orange calipers and illuminated door sills. Plus it has clear film on the hood, fender and mirrors.

Just saying, if you aren't familiar with the options, a dealer's idea of fully loaded may mean that is has the premium package which 99% of them have. The performance package and the Mark Levison upgrade have the largest cost. My original window sticker options is below for reference.

Old 07-08-19, 02:27 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,496 Likes on 1,796 Posts

I would focus on no. 2 first. That is a good one. Very low miles/almost brand new and is slightly updated with the AVS, which is a big plus. Try and work out a number with them. Ask them for a counter, if they don't accept your $53K.
The following users liked this post:
springroll (07-08-19)
Old 07-08-19, 02:40 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I would focus on no. 2 first. That is a good one. Very low miles/almost brand new and is slightly updated with the AVS, which is a big plus. Try and work out a number with them. Ask them for a counter, if they don't accept your $53K.
i just offer them 53.5k waiting for the response :}
Old 07-08-19, 05:04 PM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

OP - What are your must-haves? I noticed all 3 options have different color combs. Do you have preference over others? To me that’s the most important factor because you’ll be seeing that color forever.

IMO, mileage on these 3 cars isn’t that important since they are ALL LOW mileage. How many miles per year do you plan on driving? Have you compared their original service date? How many months of the original OEM bumper to bumper warranty do they have left (not including extra 2 years from CPO certification)?

To me $3k extra between options #3 and #1 isn’t worth it just for 6k less mileage (provided color combo doesn’t matter).

Extra $3.5k between options #2 and #1 is worth it (provided dealer will accept your counter) HOWEVER in my recent experience, not many dealership was willing to negotiate on RCF ‘fully loaded’. They are just too rare and especially at Lexus dealership where they know all about the rarity, they wouldn’t drop any more than $500.

Good luck with your search!
Old 07-08-19, 05:15 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by baboya96
OP - What are your must-haves? I noticed all 3 options have different color combs. Do you have preference over others? To me that’s the most important factor because you’ll be seeing that color forever.

IMO, mileage on these 3 cars isn’t that important since they are ALL LOW mileage. How many miles per year do you plan on driving? Have you compared their original service date? How many months of the original OEM bumper to bumper warranty do they have left (not including extra 2 years from CPO certification)?

To me $3k extra between options #3 and #1 isn’t worth it just for 6k less mileage (provided color combo doesn’t matter).

Extra $3.5k between options #2 and #1 is worth it (provided dealer will accept your counter) HOWEVER in my recent experience, not many dealership was willing to negotiate on RCF ‘fully loaded’. They are just too rare and especially at Lexus dealership where they know all about the rarity, they wouldn’t drop any more than $500.

Good luck with your search!
The 3 color that i must have are White/red Red/black Dark Grey/Red .

And yes i notice most of my offer are decline....

Right now only Option 1 and Option 2 are the only one im looking at.
Old 07-08-19, 05:26 PM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Why those two options if they aren’t the color combos you must have? If white/red is your thing i’d Go with option #3 and see if they will take $52k before tax/fee. You’re spending $50k on a car. Get the exact color you want!

Do all these cars check out ok? Single-owner, no accident/damage reported, plenty of Original warranty left...etc? Have you requested for additional work done for CPO certification (new tires, brakes....etc)?
Old 07-08-19, 05:30 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Why those two options if they aren’t the color combos you must have? If white/red is your thing i’d Go with option #3 and see if they will take $52k before tax/fee. You’re spending $50k on a car. Get the exact color you want!

Do all these cars check out ok? Single-owner, no accident/damage reported, plenty of Original warranty left...etc? Have you requested for additional work done for CPO certification (new tires, brakes....etc)?
White/black is okay as well. And yes all of them are cpo with 1 owner . I try couple offer but those seller decline them all. My next step is either wait or buy none CPO RCF
Old 07-08-19, 05:31 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

I also your your 2015 rc f darkgrey/red fully loaded post is something i want to search for as well .
Old 07-08-19, 11:52 PM
Ken34
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was shopping, I came to realise, many dealerships will not negotiate.
Old 07-09-19, 02:14 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Updated. Option #2 - 2017 White/Beige - 3k miles - $56k before fees/tax. Includes all options - CPO Lexus

Offer them 53.5k and they counter offer with 55.5k what u guys think??
Old 07-09-19, 03:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,496 Likes on 1,796 Posts

Updated. Option #2 - 2017 White/Beige - 3k miles - $56k before fees/tax. Includes all options - CPO Lexus

Offer them 53.5k and they counter offer with 55.5k what u guys think??
Try telling them you are willing to go up to $54k. I think rock bottom might end up being $54.5k
Old 07-09-19, 03:59 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Try telling them you are willing to go up to $54k. I think rock bottom might end up being $54.5k
i didnt even bother. Probably going to wait and shopping around until i see a GOOD Deal.

Last edited by springroll; 07-09-19 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-09-19, 09:58 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Come on, really?

I learned long time ago:

EVERYTHING in REAL LIFE is NEGOTIABLE!

The bottom line question is: Who needs whom more? In my case I didn't REALLY need ANY particular Lexus dealership (or ANY CAR DEALERSHIP REALLY) to buy my RCF bc I KNEW I COULD buy it from ANYONE at the price I liked!! Also once I realized I have the "means" to buy it, I can go to another "seller" until I find the deal I am happy with whatever terms I wanted. It's just that simple. With technology of the internet, it's even faster and simpler vs some 30 years ago!!!

Originally Posted by Ken34
When I was shopping, I came to realise, many dealerships will not negotiate.
Old 07-09-19, 10:08 PM
springroll
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Come on, really?

I learned long time ago:

EVERYTHING in REAL LIFE is NEGOTIABLE!

The bottom line question is: Who needs whom more? In my case I didn't REALLY need ANY particular Lexus dealership (or ANY CAR DEALERSHIP REALLY) to buy my RCF bc I KNEW I COULD buy it from ANYONE at the price I liked!! Also once I realized I have the "means" to buy it, I can go to another "seller" until I find the deal I am happy with whatever terms I wanted. It's just that simple. With technology of the internet, it's even faster and simpler vs some 30 years ago!!!
I dont know man, Out of 10 dealerships i offer on the rcf only one give 1k off the rest just outright reject my offer fast lol

Quick Reply: Looking at 2016-2017 Lexus RC F