RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

weird clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-19, 06:46 AM
jafsport
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default weird clicking noise

hey guys ive been having some random clicking noises coming from drivers side of the car whenever i go over bumps on the road. I cant pinpoint where exactly but seems to be coming from the drivers side mirror area. wondering has anyone ran into this issue?

The mirror seems fine and tightened up my wheel lug bolts just to be sure. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-19, 11:35 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Similar to my issue... my issues are under warranty right now so I'd go that route if you still have warranty. If not, open up the door panel and start tightening up everything you can... drive with the panel off, see if you can pin point the sound and go from there...
Old 07-31-19, 12:36 PM
jafsport
Driver

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Similar to my issue... my issues are under warranty right now so I'd go that route if you still have warranty. If not, open up the door panel and start tightening up everything you can... drive with the panel off, see if you can pin point the sound and go from there...
I can try the warranty but I have Invidia exhaust. Will they give me issues even if the exhaust is unrelated?
Old 07-31-19, 12:42 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jafsport
I can try the warranty but I have Invidia exhaust. Will they give me issues even if the exhaust is unrelated?
No issues if it’s unrelated.
Old 07-31-19, 12:49 PM
jafsport
Driver

No issues if it’s unrelated.
OK cool Il give the dealership i try. part that sucks is it comes and goes and only does it in a specific part down my street but on other roads for some reason its unnoticeable.
The following users liked this post:
asinow (08-01-19)
Old 07-31-19, 12:52 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

OK cool Il give the dealership i try. part that sucks is it comes and goes and only does it in a specific part down my street but on other roads for some reason its unnoticeable.
Ya that’s ****ty. You’ll need to replicate it somehow for them to diagnose properly. Some lucky tech might get a lot of wheel time in your car too trying to figure it all out.
Old 07-31-19, 01:06 PM
jafsport
Driver

Ya that’s ****ty. You’ll need to replicate it somehow for them to diagnose properly. Some lucky tech might get a lot of wheel time in your car too trying to figure it all out.
cool cool thx for the info man.
Old 08-01-19, 06:26 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had 2 '15's, both did/do it. To me it sounds drivers front linkage or whatever's under there. Definitely something from that area. If I could find a lift I'd love t see what it is. Annoying....

hey guys ive been having some random clicking noises coming from drivers side of the car whenever i go over bumps on the road. I cant pinpoint where exactly but seems to be coming from the drivers side mirror area. wondering has anyone ran into this issue?

The mirror seems fine and tightened up my wheel lug bolts just to be sure. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 08-02-19, 06:53 AM
jafsport
Driver

Originally Posted by asinow
I've had 2 '15's, both did/do it. To me it sounds drivers front linkage or whatever's under there. Definitely something from that area. If I could find a lift I'd love t see what it is. Annoying....
I hope its nothing serious. I didn't notice it when I bought the car last year, but lately its getting worse.
Old 08-02-19, 09:47 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

The first thing to do with these kinds of noises is lubricate the door seals (all of them) with dry silicone spray. It's amazing how many noises are quelled by this. I use 3M 08897 for this and it very often kills annoying buzzes and clicks.

It's also vexing when you hear a sound sitting in the driver's seat and you're certain its coming from a specific spot, but when you sit in the passenger's seat, the exact same noise sounds like it's coming from a totally different place.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
jafsport (08-02-19), konichiwa3 (08-02-19)
Old 08-02-19, 11:33 AM
RCF4DAD
Driver

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Needle in the Haystack are the hardest noises to find. I had an annoying clik/clatter...turns out the pass thru on the rear seats to trunk wasn't closed tight enough, could be something that simple, sounded like was coming thru front end though. Sound travels so freely, hard to isolate sometimes.
Old 08-02-19, 11:46 AM
MCB1970
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I totally agree, interior noises are so hard to pinpoint. I have a 2015 with a random clicking/creaking sound on rough roads coming from what I thought was either the door handle or carbon fiber panel around the window switches. However, if I stick my fingers in the gap between the door and the end of the dashboard, the sound goes away for the rest of my ride. I am not sure if the sound is temperate related or I notice it more when radio is off or on low volume.