Extremely NEW RC F owner and forum user

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-19, 02:13 PM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Beechbum12
Thanks! I am in Dallas area
Nice. There's a few DFW car meets on a regular basis. See you around!
Old 08-23-19, 04:31 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool F

Welcome to The Club with your 15 F.
I also immediately thought of CAI for my 2017 since I run them on all other vehicles. However, as stated above, you will find more Intake Threads as there are Oil Threads here by doing a Search. Yes they cool, may sound cool, but truly don't add anything to whats under the wheels. I just dropped this LEMS Air Intake in a week ago after picking it up from a very gracious Member here who started parting his 2015 out - but now I think has decided to keep it over getting the new C8. (Tough choice for sure!) I also used the Apexi Air Filter inside the stock airbox and though I know it doesn't add Hp, I seriously feel some form of quicker throttle response and something else I actually love even more - a much more pronounced Engine Braking feel. Call it BS or what you will, but the car reacts much more different in this regard when taking your foot off the gas pedal. Coming from racing V-Twin Ducati's I absolutely LOVE this feature and feeling!

Again, "personally" if I was going to go with a K&N I would stay away from the days of old where we washed them out and oiled them. Dry Filters are truly the way of the future (No Flaming!!)

The following users liked this post:
SoSlow (08-23-19)
Old 08-23-19, 08:40 AM
Beechbum12
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Welcome to The Club with your 15 F.
I also immediately thought of CAI for my 2017 since I run them on all other vehicles. However, as stated above, you will find more Intake Threads as there are Oil Threads here by doing a Search. Yes they cool, may sound cool, but truly don't add anything to whats under the wheels. I just dropped this LEMS Air Intake in a week ago after picking it up from a very gracious Member here who started parting his 2015 out - but now I think has decided to keep it over getting the new C8. (Tough choice for sure!) I also used the Apexi Air Filter inside the stock airbox and though I know it doesn't add Hp, I seriously feel some form of quicker throttle response and something else I actually love even more - a much more pronounced Engine Braking feel. Call it BS or what you will, but the car reacts much more different in this regard when taking your foot off the gas pedal. Coming from racing V-Twin Ducati's I absolutely LOVE this feature and feeling!

Again, "personally" if I was going to go with a K&N I would stay away from the days of old where we washed them out and oiled them. Dry Filters are truly the way of the future (No Flaming!!)

I will look over some more forums and threads based on your info, thanks!