RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

BMW to Lexus again

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-19, 12:49 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Yeah, the non-carbon fiber/TVD RCF come with body colored spoiler and roof. It has the body colored roof (and sunroof), but the spoiler most likely has a wrap on it (not stock). The hood vent also has a wrap on it, which all variant of the RCF has it in body colored trim.

So, you have none available for sale where you live?

Originally Posted by doog442
Cheers mate .No TVD / Carbon as you say and reflected in the price ...The RCF adverts over here seem to show the model number as 2014 no matter what the plate. Interesting point about the vinyl wrap on the spoiler and hood vent . Is that not stock? Someone pointed out the dent / crease in the rear headrest...if you look close you can see it. The dealer is getting it looked at ?

The problem I have is that I'm buying blind as I'm a plane flight away yet the price for the year is pretty decent. I've had vids but I guess there's nothing better than seeing it in the flesh.
Old 11-28-19, 01:24 PM
doog442
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, the non-carbon fiber/TVD RCF come with body colored spoiler and roof. It has the body colored roof (and sunroof), but the spoiler most likely has a wrap on it (not stock). The hood vent also has a wrap on it, which all variant of the RCF has it in body colored trim.

So, you have none available for sale where you live?
There are only seven used on sale in the whole of the UK ..which is normal.

Closest is a year older roughly the same price, same spec no sunroof (not a deal breaker) . I've been watching prices for two years over here. A few alarm bells ringing with this example, full service history lacking, non stock ,Internal damage to seats.

Chucking in an owned from new, 17 month old mint bimmer with that bmw / Supra B58 is clawing away at my thought process. I know they're different beasts but I might need to take a step back and clear my head.

Thanks for your thoughts .
Old 11-28-19, 01:28 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Do you have a link to that one?

p.s. The vinyl wrap should not be a big deal. You can ask the dealer if they can they can remove both.

There are only seven used on sale in the whole of the UK ..which is normal.

Closest is a year older roughly the same price, same spec no sunroof (not a deal breaker) . I've been watching prices for two years over here. A few alarm bells ringing with this example, full service history lacking, non stock ,Internal damage to seats.

Chucking in an owned from new, 17 month old mint bimmer with that bmw / Supra B58 is clawing away at my thought process. I know they're different beasts but I might need to take a step back and clear my head.

Thanks for your thoughts .
Old 11-28-19, 02:01 PM
doog442
Driver School Candidate

Do you have a link to that one?

p.s. The vinyl wrap should not be a big deal. You can ask the dealer if they can they can remove both.
Hi yes

This one is a 2 hour drive. Its actually the same place I bought my IS200T..I was kind of looking for 2016/17 . They have been rapidly reducing the price but its still more than deal I got on the 2016

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used...CAMERA-kmb6hqx
Old 11-28-19, 02:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Hi yes

This one is a 2 hour drive. Its actually the same place I bought my IS200T..I was kind of looking for 2016/17 . They have been rapidly reducing the price but its still more than deal I got on the 2016

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used...CAMERA-kmb6hqx
This is a 2015 (exhaust tips). Definitely, looks like it has all of the options including ML stereo, premium package etc. (minus the 20 spoke hand polished 19 inch wheels + carbon/TVD package). The grey one is a 2016 and has a moonroof (if you care about it). I think the grey one is the better deal (without knowing how much they are charging).
Old 11-28-19, 03:05 PM
doog442
Driver School Candidate

This is a 2015 (exhaust tips). Definitely, looks like it has all of the options including ML stereo, premium package etc. (minus the 20 spoke hand polished 19 inch wheels + carbon/TVD package). The grey one is a 2016 and has a moonroof (if you care about it). I think the grey one is the better deal (without knowing how much they are charging).
Cheers, I thought the grey was the better deal hence me going for it. I'm not that fussed over carbon and the TVD isn't a deal breaker for me as these cars tend to go for a premium over here. The price is good however and the sun roof is a bonus. They've also told me it has ML ? ? ..they said it in the video they sent me but I cant see any confirmation in the spec? Is ML standard on the RCF ?
Old 11-28-19, 03:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cheers, I thought the grey was the better deal hence me going for it. I'm not that fussed over carbon and the TVD isn't a deal breaker for me as these cars tend to go for a premium over here. The price is good however and the sun roof is a bonus. They've also told me it has ML ? ? ..they said it in the video they sent me but I cant see any confirmation in the spec? Is ML standard on the RCF ?
Hard to say because the picture does not have enough light in front of the gear shift lever (I was able to tell in the other picture). You can ask them to send you a picture of a close up of the gear shift lever and the center stack. There should be a Mark Levinson emblem there. To be honest, I have never used my Mark Levinson LOL
Old 11-29-19, 02:09 PM
doog442
Driver School Candidate

This is the advert that most people look at on Autotrader in the UK ..as you can see FULL LEXUS HISTORY....wrong !!!!

Well it doesn't and this was verified at an independent Lexus dealer today. Also no record of the fuel pump recall despite being assured otherwise.They also pointed out that there could be warranty issues if a claim was made.

Giving this baby a miss

Last edited by doog442; 11-29-19 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-29-19, 02:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, that sucks. Hope some other one turns up that really checks all the boxes!
The following users liked this post:
doog442 (11-30-19)
Old 01-07-20, 08:30 AM
bripcon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes perfect sense to me. Lexus reliability in a high performance V-8. If cared for, you've eliminated much of the cars depreciation. So the xtra money spent will likely be recovered on the back end when sold
Old 11-03-21, 09:44 AM
questel
Driver School Candidate

I think I'm qualified to chime in on this thread as an old guy (60+ but it's just a number). I've driven BMWs all my life, have an M4 in the garage, along with a Porsche Cayman, and just bought my first Lexus GX460 as a daily driver/tow vehicle. The Lexus is what my wife calls my old man car, and she loves riding in it, and her daily is a Jeep (JK) Wranger. She's shopping for a new C8 Vette right now. The Lexus will probably last longer than me but it drives like a wet noodle compared to the BMW X5 I got rid of, but I won't miss all the issues I got rid of either. The steering on the Lexus has negative feel if there is such a thing, it's so limp, but the ride is great, and it tows my 26 foot Grey Wolf very well. The tech is at best 2015, but it feels as solid as a tank. Speaking of tanks, I had a 2009 MB 320 Bluetec. This reminds me a lot of it, wish I had that Diesel for the mileage. Even that old MB had better steering, but again, it didn't have the reliability. Never buy a German car, lease, drive the hell out of them and turn them in a day before the warranty expires.
Old 11-03-21, 10:32 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by questel
I think I'm qualified to chime in on this thread as an old guy (60+ but it's just a number). I've driven BMWs all my life, have an M4 in the garage, along with a Porsche Cayman, and just bought my first Lexus GX460 as a daily driver/tow vehicle. The Lexus is what my wife calls my old man car, and she loves riding in it, and her daily is a Jeep (JK) Wranger. She's shopping for a new C8 Vette right now. The Lexus will probably last longer than me but it drives like a wet noodle compared to the BMW X5 I got rid of, but I won't miss all the issues I got rid of either. The steering on the Lexus has negative feel if there is such a thing, it's so limp, but the ride is great, and it tows my 26 foot Grey Wolf very well. The tech is at best 2015, but it feels as solid as a tank. Speaking of tanks, I had a 2009 MB 320 Bluetec. This reminds me a lot of it, wish I had that Diesel for the mileage. Even that old MB had better steering, but again, it didn't have the reliability. Never buy a German car, lease, drive the hell out of them and turn them in a day before the warranty expires.
Not sure why you feel it makes you qualified to speak based on your ownership with a GX460? RCF is none of those. Apples to oranges since it is a luxury high performance sports coupe. I have other Lexus cars and RCF is nothing like any of my other Lexus cars I have owned. The steering for example in the RCF is tuned very heavy/sharp in SPORT+ mode with the TVD set to 'Slalom' mode. It also telegraphs imperfections quite a bit in the road quite a lot despite being electrically assisted. It is made for a different purpose than the GX 460.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-03-21 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-03-21, 10:45 AM
questel
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to have hurt your feelings. Forgive a newbie?
Old 11-03-21, 10:50 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by questel
Sorry to have hurt your feelings. Forgive a newbie?
I am just stating facts. It has nothing to do with my feelings.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-03-21 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-03-21, 11:53 AM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

edit. decided to remove post, possibly start a new thread.

Last edited by sensai; 11-03-21 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: BMW to Lexus again