RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Track edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-19, 05:56 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RCF Track edition

Hi everybody. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I am currently thinking about purchasing a RCF TRACK EDITION and I was wondering if anybody has driven the track edition and if so could give me a honest opinion of you think it is worth $ 25,000 to $ 30,000 more than a base RCF. Next question I have is how do you compare it to the GSF or the LC 500. Any input would be much appreciated as we only have 1 lexus dealer in my state and they do not have a RCF track edition, so I will have to make phone calls and travel if I really want one. The other question I have is, does anybody know how many RCF TRACK EDITION'S where made and how many where imported into the United States.

Thank you.
Old 12-27-19, 06:01 PM
Moisture
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Highly doubt anybody has much experience with it. Pretty rare car as it is already, even the non track version.

Is it worth the extra 25k? I highly doubt It. I'd rather just buy a regular RCF and pocket the extra change.

On that note, I would rather have the GSF over the RCF.

The LC500 is a nice choice if you're looking for less performance and more of just a comfy, laid back ride. It's not a full fledged F performance model.
The following users liked this post:
nallis (01-01-20)
Old 12-27-19, 06:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

You may want to learn to use the search function. It works well on this site:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...k-edition.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ount-down.html

Lou
Beachtyme (01-01-20)
Old 12-27-19, 06:06 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Moisture
Highly doubt anybody has much experience with it. Pretty rare car as it is already, even the non track version.

Is it worth the extra 25k? I highly doubt It. I'd rather just buy a regular RCF and pocket the extra change.

On that note, I would rather have the GSF over the RCF.

The LC500 is a nice choice if you're looking for less performance and more of just a comfy, laid back ride. It's not a full fledged F performance model.
Thank You. I have driven the GSF and I was incredibly impressed with it's handling and performance. I have yet to drive the RCF. I will say I felt the GSF handled better than the F10 M5- 2012-2016 model years.
Old 12-27-19, 06:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

It has the same engine as the RCF and GSF. I had an ISF for 11 years. I now have the LC. It's a bit quicker than my FBO ISF. The LC has headers and a dual mode exhaust.

And, as asked in another thread - What do you drive

Lou
Old 12-27-19, 06:07 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by flowrider
You may want to learn to use the search function. It works well on this site:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...k-edition.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ount-down.html

Lou
Sorry to inconvenience you.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ftcgsf:
ds111htown (12-27-19), Ismelllike (01-12-20), vraa (12-28-19)
Old 12-27-19, 06:08 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

It has the same engine as the RCF and GSF. I had an ISF for 11 years. I now have the LC. It's a bit quicker than my FBO ISF. The LC has headers and a dual mode exhaust.

Lou
Thank you for the info. I do very much appreciate it and I apologize for the last reply.
Old 12-27-19, 06:12 PM
Moisture
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
Thank You. I have driven the GSF and I was incredibly impressed with it's handling and performance. I have yet to drive the RCF. I will say I felt the GSF handled better than the F10 M5- 2012-2016 model years.
Really? what else can u say about the GSF in contrast to the F10 M5? Both are pretty great cars.

I watched chris harris review on GSF vs F10 M5 comp pack. Seems both are pretty compelling.

I think I would have to go for the GSF because I am sure the naturally aspirated V8 would be more reliable. The DCT in the F10 i am sure is better, but I wouldnt want a DCT. Both are great cars but the GSF is so rare. Don't recal ever seeing one around here.
Old 12-27-19, 06:40 PM
zmw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I "Settled" on an RCF because I couldn't find a used GSF that wasn't either totally abused or priced through the roof - they were both brilliant cars, I couldn't justify the cost of the GSF new, and I ALMOST talked myself into it. The reality is I didn't need the 4 doors, and the slightly smaller footprint of the RCF has ended up being very nice for me. Frankly though if a good GSF deal came along I'd swap in a heart beat, the practicality of the four door is impossible to beat even though I nearly never use it.

Really? what else can u say about the GSF in contrast to the F10 M5? Both are pretty great cars.

I watched chris harris review on GSF vs F10 M5 comp pack. Seems both are pretty compelling.

I think I would have to go for the GSF because I am sure the naturally aspirated V8 would be more reliable. The DCT in the F10 i am sure is better, but I wouldnt want a DCT. Both are great cars but the GSF is so rare. Don't recal ever seeing one around here.
IMAGINTHAT (12-28-19)
Old 12-27-19, 06:43 PM
Moisture
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zmw
I "Settled" on an RCF because I couldn't find a used GSF that wasn't either totally abused or priced through the roof - they were both brilliant cars, I couldn't justify the cost of the GSF new, and I ALMOST talked myself into it. The reality is I didn't need the 4 doors, and the slightly smaller footprint of the RCF has ended up being very nice for me. Frankly though if a good GSF deal came along I'd swap in a heart beat, the practicality of the four door is impossible to beat even though I nearly never use it.
As far as I know the RC is a weird cluster-***** of a GS mixed with an IS, so you have the size and weight of a mid sized sedan but with none of the practicality. So that is my reasoning for going with a GSF.

My neighbour has a decatted RCF and he took me for a ride in it one day. It drove fantastic.
Ismelllike (01-12-20)
Old 12-27-19, 07:05 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^So you have ridden in an RCF, that's your point of reference

Lou
Old 12-27-19, 07:28 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

I actually leased a GSF for 3 years. I absolutely loved the handling and performance of the GSF. I would still have it today, but the local Lexus dealer is a real ******* so I did not buy the lease out as I had planned. I am also very familiar with the F10 M5 because I owned one, so I can compare both vehicles and I can tell you that the GSF handled much better.
Old 12-27-19, 08:11 PM
MHB1535
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

And, as asked in another thread - What do you drive

Lou
LC500 faster than a FBO IS F? I find that hard to believe. My dad had a LC500 for about a year and a half. We raced against my stock RC F and then again with me having a exhaust. Both times the RC F easily pulled away, even more with the exhaust. I've driven the LC500 extensively. Its definitely not faster but it definitely shifts faster and sounds sweet doing it.
Vitveet (12-29-19)
Old 12-27-19, 08:15 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MHB1535
LC500 faster than a FBO IS F? I find that hard to believe. My dad had a LC500 for about a year and a half. We raced against my stock RC F and then again with me having a exhaust. Both times the RC F easily pulled away, even more with the exhaust. I've driven the LC500 extensively. Its definitely not faster but it definitely shifts faster and sounds sweet doing it.
Which car handles better ? Lc 500 or rcf.
Old 12-27-19, 08:26 PM
MHB1535
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
Which car handles better ? Lc 500 or rcf.
I think the LC500 has better steering feel compared to the RC F. I had a 2015 without the AVS suspension and now have a 2017 with AVS. The 2017 can be as smooth as the LC500 in normal but is significantly stiffer in Sport S+. The LC500 doesnt get too stiff. Steering on the LC is faster than the RC F too.

Quick Reply: RCF Track edition