RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Looking at the RCF - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-20 | 04:46 PM
Sunman54
Driver

Did you check its history on Driver.Lexus.com? I had also thought about getting a RCF but ended up purchasing a CPO RC 350 F-Sport. With the congested traffic in the Tampa Bay area the 350 F-Sport met all my needs.
The following users liked this post:
CinFulxgs (01-20-20)
Old 01-20-20 | 05:08 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sunman54
Did you check its history on Driver.Lexus.com? I had also thought about getting a RCF but ended up purchasing a CPO RC 350 F-Sport. With the congested traffic in the Tampa Bay area the 350 F-Sport met all my needs.
I am starting to feel this way myself. Actually I sat in an IS 350 F Sport and I don't think I have ever sat in more comfortable car seats in my life.
Old 01-20-20 | 05:08 PM
vbb

1. I probably would not have noticed it unless you mentioned it, but yeah, the bumpers do look to be slightly faded/not a perfect match to the body. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me though...but it would be worthwhile checking it with a paint meter to see if it was a repaint. Look at 05RollaXRS's pic... that's what it should look like, but it is a color that can appear to change quite a bit depending on the lighting.
2. We don't have active side bolsters like MB and some other cars. The sides do not tighten in when you're driving in Sport+ or going around corners. It was in your head.
3. Visibility isn't great, but isn't bad. The blind spot monitors on the mirrors work well. Learn to trust them (and always give a quick glance over the shoulder). This is not something I consider an issue though.

You will find that the RCF is a car that can handle your normal daily driving duties in style and with relative comfort, and it is also a car that can provide you a ton of thrills and get you into some trouble if you drive it hard on public roads. Due to its weight, it masks speed pretty well... so you can be cruising along going well over the speed limit and not notice it. If you're pretty sure you're only going to drive your car like a grandpa and not ever really wind it out, you may not want to spend the extra on an RCF when you can have a RC350 that will be a lot cheaper. Still though, the V8 is worth it even at low speeds and normal driving (to me). It's all a matter of preference. I would not have been happy with an RC350 even though I don't drive hard that often either. It's just nice to have (and to hear).
CinFulxgs (01-20-20)
Old 01-20-20 | 05:09 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Did you check its history on Driver.Lexus.com?
How does that work? I have just been checking in CarFax.
Old 01-20-20 | 05:11 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Thanks all that have been giving input thus far. I am sure this is not a repaint issue, we are talking multiple cars and it's all plastic body all the way around only. Might be a Florida sun thing, who knows.
Old 01-20-20 | 06:49 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Did you check its history on Driver.Lexus.com?
OK, I figured it out... very cool.

Looks good as far as service that was done. They did have to change out the drivers lumbar switch which wasn't working and just recently changed out the amp. The only other notable thing that was replaced was the fuel pump... sounds like it was a recall item. I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on this car.

The car also has a clear bra.... and I assume there is still some drivetrain warranty left right 72/70000?
Old 01-20-20 | 07:15 PM
diggdyone
Driver

Default Paint info...wrap it

Originally Posted by CinFulxgs
Thanks all that have been giving input thus far. I am sure this is not a repaint issue, we are talking multiple cars and it's all plastic body all the way around only. Might be a Florida sun thing, who knows.
https://pages.addisonauto.com/blog/p...tal-body-parts

problem

Wrap solution

Old 01-20-20 | 08:59 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

OK, I figured it out... very cool.

Looks good as far as service that was done. They did have to change out the drivers lumbar switch which wasn't working and just recently changed out the amp. The only other notable thing that was replaced was the fuel pump... sounds like it was a recall item. I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on this car.

The car also has a clear bra.... and I assume there is still some drivetrain warranty left right 72/70000?
In your negotiations, ask them to either replace those cr*ppy tire with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (XL) or use it to negotiate the price. Fuel pump is a standard recall. I had mine done last spring. Also, there is a drivetrain warranty.

If you get a full exhaust on the RCF, it becomes very enjoyable even at slow city traffic speeds as you can hear the V8 noise at all rpms.

Another pic with strong sunlight. Paint is very consistent all across

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-20-20 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-21-20 | 05:24 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Agreed, your color uniformity is really nice. I dunno, my main concern now is that the bolster is not adjustable. I don't think I will comfortable sitting in traffic for an hour.
Old 01-21-20 | 06:25 AM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

I've been daily driving my RCF for a few months now, love the seats. They seem to always be hugging me and have plenty of adjustments. You can drive it like you stole it or just go for a normal cruise to the grocery store.

BTW- my RCF is for sale. (shameless plug)
Old 01-21-20 | 06:45 AM
Sunman54
Driver

Did you purchase the RCF from Maher Chevrolet? Not on their website today.
Old 01-21-20 | 07:57 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed, your color uniformity is really nice. I dunno, my main concern now is that the bolster is not adjustable. I don't think I will comfortable sitting in traffic for an hour.
Adjustment aside, they are supposed to hold the driver/passenger upright when you are pulling 1G+ in turns on the track. They do a great job while turning hard, but for some they might be uncomfortable. I personally love being snug in the seat like you are strapped in a fighter cockpit.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-21-20 at 08:01 AM.
scrmnws6 (01-21-20)
Old 01-21-20 | 11:00 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Did you purchase the RCF from Maher Chevrolet? Not on their website today.
Nope, they know I am interested though... or someone else snagged it :P Last I told them is that I would probably be in again this weekend.
Old 01-21-20 | 01:54 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

It’s very common for there to be a slight variation with the paint between metal and plastic body panels, especially with metallic or pearl paints.

I have seen multiple Molten Pearl RCF’s in person and I have noticed a slight variation on all of them between the rocker panel and quarter panel. It’s very minor and most people would never notice, but it is there.

Here is a stock photo. Look where the rocker meets the quarter panel. There’s a variation. Dependent on lightning conditions also, it’s not always noticeable. Obviously you need to do your own due diligence to determine if the car has been repainted but I’m just saying it is common for cars to have some variation panel to panel from the factory.
CinFulxgs (01-21-20)
Old 01-21-20 | 09:40 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Wow, you missed out on a GREAT Deal with my 15' Blue Mica RCF (which I Don't have it listed for sell) but it looks Brand New with Only 5k miles (I know guys I'm still not driving it much) it's Never seen Rain & still smells Brand New!

Quick Reply: Looking at the RCF - Questions