RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Best RCF exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-20, 08:01 PM
RCFIsGreat
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my Invidia exhaust installed today. I was looking for a more exotic sound. I wanted to stay away from the Mustang, Camaro muscle car sound which is why I went with Invidia. The Invidia is exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Nice deep smooth trumpet sound inside. Drone is minimal although slightly and I do mean slightly more than stock at cruising speeds. I have to say it does sound better in person than the audio clips on Youtube. It is a very pleasant sound a little hard to describe in words. To me it sounds tuned and well made vs just loud rumbling noise. Everyone has their own personal preference so one is not better just different. Those titanium blue tips are a nice added touch. The car also seems to pull a little better starting around 4500rpm. Would I do it again oh Yeah..
The following 2 users liked this post by RCFIsGreat:
rtgrcf (03-06-22), Sunghera79 (04-25-21)
Old 03-02-20, 08:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFIsGreat
I had my Invidia exhaust installed today. I was looking for a more exotic sound. I wanted to stay away from the Mustang, Camaro muscle car sound which is why I went with Invidia. The Invidia is exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Nice deep smooth trumpet sound inside. Drone is minimal although slightly and I do mean slightly more than stock at cruising speeds. I have to say it does sound better in person than the audio clips on Youtube. It is a very pleasant sound a little hard to describe in words. To me it sounds tuned and well made vs just loud rumbling noise. Everyone has their own personal preference so one is not better just different. Those titanium blue tips are a nice added touch. The car also seems to pull a little better starting around 4500rpm. Would I do it again oh Yeah..
I have had it for 2.5 years and it is still incredible every time I turn on the car. The quality and finish is absolutely top notch. Still looks brand new. The sound starts to change a bit as soon as the materials inside begin to wear, but still the same melodic and exotic-like quality. Just gets a bit more deeper (at least in my case). You should notice a pretty significant power different especially when you go past 6000 rpm. I noticed a significant change in power delivery as soon as I drove off the shop. Try resetting your ECU and it will learn from the new exhaust flow rate and make adjustments.

Old 03-02-20, 10:23 PM
JayLexin
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Onsit
Depending on your tolerance for catback drone, i'd recommend staying with the stock mufflers.

On my GS-F I have Stock mufflers + midpipe with resonators removed. And it sounds absolutely perfect. I highly recommend saving your money and doing stock mufflers + midpipe (remove resonators or get an aftermarket H pipe).

The RC-F and GS-F have some of the most hilarious pricing for axel backs I have ever seen. And people just seem to keep buying them at these insane prices (albeit it's a niche market, and the prices would be lower if there was higher demand and larger runs through the manufacturing process).

I totally agree with you, the prices out in market for RCF/GSF are insane for headers, mip-pipes, axle backs, crazy high and I get why because Lexus hasn't sold enough units therefore company that decide to R&D and manufacture products need a return!

Can you send me sound clips / videos of your setup (altered mip-pipe with stock mufflers) from outside and inside the cabin?

Do you have any drone at any RPM with your setup?
Old 03-03-20, 09:36 AM
jafsport
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

From experience i can say Borla exhaust is the absolute best! I have never had so many ppl ask me about the car and its been less than a month. I previously had Invidia and loved it (great sound). However if you want her to scream gotta go with the borla which is discontinued. i got lucky finding mine used.

Borla is also pretty good when cruising. Although a lil louder than Invidia it has a nice rumble noise, but no drone.
Old 03-03-20, 12:47 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm not running for anything, BUT I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!! LOL

DISCLAIMER: I have a Borla exhaust system on my RCF too and love it!!! Especially in long tunnels or multi-level parking garages!!!

Originally Posted by jafsport
From experience i can say Borla exhaust is the absolute best! I have never had so many ppl ask me about the car and its been less than a month. I previously had Invidia and loved it (great sound). However if you want her to scream gotta go with the borla which is discontinued. i got lucky finding mine used.

Borla is also pretty good when cruising. Although a lil louder than Invidia it has a nice rumble noise, but no drone.
Old 03-03-20, 02:15 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,559 Likes on 679 Posts

Best sound and best gain may not always be together in one system. Besides, "best sound" to me is subjective. I used to have a full titanium GTHaus header back system, no resonators, no cats, and it was loud with the valves open, loud as in really loud especially at wide open throttle. Was that best sounding? If you want loud and raspy, I guess it's one the best out there. I now have an Icode titanium system coupled with novel headers, I love the sound now and FOR me, it's the best sounding exhaust combo. not loud but enough to tell you it isn't stock. People have heard my GThaus and now this have commented that the car sounds much more tuned, refined, and somewhat exotic. The GThaus was "brutal".

Last edited by JT2MA71; 03-03-20 at 02:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (10-17-23)
Old 03-03-20, 11:35 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 657 Likes on 227 Posts

i like the ppe elite series valved exhaust.
Meraki Autoworks (03-04-20)
Old 03-04-20, 09:06 AM
CarlosNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was trying to find a Borla exhaust but luck wasn’t on my side. So I decided to go with American Racing Headers Cat-Back exhaust and have to say it didn’t disappoint.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1489.MOV (4.63 MB, 381 views)

Last edited by CarlosNX; 03-04-20 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-05-20, 04:48 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Onsit
Depending on your tolerance for catback drone, i'd recommend staying with the stock mufflers.

On my GS-F I have Stock mufflers + midpipe with resonators removed. And it sounds absolutely perfect. I highly recommend saving your money and doing stock mufflers + midpipe (remove resonators or get an aftermarket H pipe).

The RC-F and GS-F have some of the most hilarious pricing for axel backs I have ever seen. And people just seem to keep buying them at these insane prices (albeit it's a niche market, and the prices would be lower if there was higher demand and larger runs through the manufacturing process).
This isn't true. Invidia has 0 drone, but has gains. I am sure there are some other options as well, but I can only speak on what I know. The OEM exhaust is very restrictive at the axleback. Makes much more sense putting money into something that is going to give you performance and sound vs just sound.
JT2MA71 (03-05-20)
Old 03-15-20, 10:02 AM
SUNNYRCF
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I'll be installing the Invidia exhaust next weekend. I decided to try and do it myself, so I ordered new OEM front gaskets and fasteners along with the titanium tip exhaust. Hoping I am as pleased as you have been with it!
Old 03-15-20, 10:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SUNNYRCF
I'll be installing the Invidia exhaust next weekend. I decided to try and do it myself, so I ordered new OEM front gaskets and fasteners along with the titanium tip exhaust. Hoping I am as pleased as you have been with it!
Make sure you remember the gaskets on the front and back should not be swapped. They look very similar in size, but they are not.

It is an incredible exhaust. You will be very happy with it. I have had mine for over a year and absolutely love. It has the perfect pitch, tone, bass and loudness (not too loud). Also the build quality with the titanium blue tips is top notch.
SUNNYRCF (03-15-20)
Old 03-16-20, 02:09 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,390 Likes on 638 Posts

Best is subjective, but if you want to spend anywhere from 50-200% less on a tunable Valvetronic system, then there is nothing better than our Valvetronic Bazooka exhaust for RCF/GSF. It is 100% 304 stainless like other systems, with multiple tip options like titanium, stainless, carbon, and uses remote electric valves that are easily replaceable unlike systems that utilize welded-in vacuum actuated valves.

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 3 users liked this post by RRRacing:
05RollaXRS (03-16-20), 1wacko (03-16-20), rtgrcf (03-06-22)
Old 03-21-20, 09:29 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Found this great clip on Borla for the Borla owners and fans. Personally, it sounds a bit too raw/thick for me in a car like RCF as well as design of the tips, but that is entirely subjective.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-21-20 at 09:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
JamesDean3 (01-03-21), Meraki Autoworks (03-21-20)
Old 03-21-20, 11:31 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Found this great clip on Borla for the Borla owners and fans. Personally, it sounds a bit too raw/thick for me in a car like RCF as well as design of the tips, but that is entirely subjective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymhZEUCp8k
Danggg! Who made that video. lol.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
05RollaXRS (03-21-20)
Old 11-17-20, 09:31 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by jafsport

Did you have the Invidia mid pipe as well or just the mufflers? Comparing the two did you have any drone with the Invidia?
I really want something to open up the exhaust. I love cold starts on the stock exhaust. I wish it would just continue to sound like that, but then it gets quiet. Not looking for anything insane but I really really do NOT want cabin drone. I've been there done that and I am not doing it on this expensive of a car...lol

-Nigel
rtgrcf (03-06-22)

Quick Reply: Best RCF exhaust?