RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New RCF Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-20, 11:17 AM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Received 169 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CinFulxgs
So I wonder if IS or RC 350 F Sport seats would be a plug and play swap given the same vent options present?
FWIW isxxx 2wd seats plug and play with the ISF

the awd seats have a different front right bracket on the right drivers side rail to accommodate for the transfer case hump.

Id bet a lot of $$$. The RC350 ( non awd) seats will plug and play with the rcf. Same with gs models
Old 03-14-20, 11:45 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by winterturb
FWIW isxxx 2wd seats plug and play with the ISF

the awd seats have a different front right bracket on the right drivers side rail to accommodate for the transfer case hump.

Id bet a lot of $$$. The RC350 ( non awd) seats will plug and play with the rcf. Same with gs models
The only question is the electrical/airbag stuff. Bolting is is almost guaranteed no issue.
Old 03-14-20, 08:47 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunman54
I went through basically the same list of cars as you did but I had a 2015 Mustang GT Convertible a few years ago and then a 2017 Corvette Z51 so those cars were not on the review list. Ended up with the CPO 2015 RC350 F-Sport from Wilde Lexus as opposed to the RCF. Mine came with a factory installed F-Sport Performance Exhaust System a very rare OEM option back in 2015. The car while no where as quick as the RCF seems quicker than some of the other RC 350s I drove. Like you, condition was very important and the previous owner took it to Wilde every 6 months/5,000 miles for service. I also had a budget for the car purchase since I recently purchased a Sportsman center console boat. So I'm enjoying both. Can you post some pictures of your new RCF?
Congrats on the new RC. I was really torn between the RC350 and the RCF. Good find with the Exhaust, got lucky there for sure. RC350 has more than enough power imho, the RC is complete overkill for the street... but I always wanted a car with 400+ HP and at 49 years old I was running out of time :P
Old 03-14-20, 08:53 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

The following 2 users liked this post by CinFulxgs:
05RollaXRS (03-14-20), IS350er (03-16-20)
Old 03-15-20, 12:49 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

Wow! Looks good. The color really shows the lines of the car. Can’t wait to post my official pics up but it’s been raining like crazy in SoCal here.
The following users liked this post:
Daniels927 (03-18-20)
Old 03-15-20, 07:01 AM
Sunman54
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Nice!! I understand the time issue - I'm 65. Thats why I bought the boat.
CinFulxgs (03-15-20)
Old 03-15-20, 07:15 AM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The only question is the electrical/airbag stuff. Bolting is is almost guaranteed no issue.
I have some 2010 seats from an is250 (heat only no cooling) and put them in my ISF for a few days and they plugged in perfectly. Same layout under the seat, same plugs, same location of the plugs, and the functions of the seat including heat worked perfectly.

So I “assumed” they are plug and play. No codes were given, No dash lights and to be Frank I didn’t give Any thought whatsoever to the airbag function.

So to correct my earlier post they plug, But do they play all the way? That I don’t know and don’t want to give bad advice to anyone by suggesting it may work when it may not

thanks for pointing that out!
Old 03-15-20, 07:18 AM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Nice color Cin. Man that’s a great looking car. I am dealing on a GSF. Like the looks of the rcf better but the practicality and space of 4 doors is screaming at me.
Old 03-15-20, 07:27 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by winterturb
Nice color Cin. Man that’s a great looking car. I am dealing on a GSF. Like the looks of the rcf better but the practicality and space of 4 doors is screaming at me.
The GSF is cool in it's own right, I would have bought one had it been in the same price range as the RC. Happy hunting!
Old 03-17-20, 01:13 PM
OldManRCF
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

hard to find Silver, congrats and welcome aboard
Old 03-17-20, 08:11 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OldManRCF
hard to find Silver, congrats and welcome aboard
Thanks... although I tend to see a ton of silver and white... I have always wanted a silver car and I personally think since I plan on keeping the car a long time it's a good color for that as it doesn't show imperfections that much. I love the special paint trio of USB, Infrared, and Molten...

Where are you in Florida?
05RollaXRS (03-17-20)
Old 03-19-20, 11:54 AM
AconRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review and congrats! That LP looks sharp! LP and NG are my two favorite colors.

In the mid-term future I plan on giving myself a nice 50th birthday gift and get something to semi-DD with my '13 GX 460, so I'm on the fence between and RC F and a base C7 Grand Sport (MY17 - 19 which I hear are more reliable). I've been with Lexus for 8 years with 2 vehicles and you just can't beat their reliability, but that C7 GS look nice!

If you did not have the C4, would you have gotten a C6 or C7? Thanks!
Old 03-19-20, 01:04 PM
Sunman54
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a C4 1996 with the desirable LT4 one year only engine (purchased used) - Never again. Then I had a 2017 C7 2LT Z51 (purchased new). It was very fast but do yourself a favor and read the issues on the Corvette forum. Some are great and some have issues. I sold it last year as I got an offer for almost as much as I paid new. There are some great deals on them now. But look at the prices on the Mecum results. Its not a sellers market with CV-19 but instead a buyers market now. Recently, I ended up getting a 2015 CPO RC 350 F-Sport. But since we're on the RCF forum I would chose the RCF over the C7 if 0 to 60 is not the only deciding factor.
AconRX (03-19-20)
Old 03-19-20, 02:24 PM
AconRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sunman54! I've started to look at the Corvette forums and seen both good and bad stuff as you mentioned. 0-60 is not important, I just want a performance car with a V8 that won't be a headache or to-do list down the road since I plan on keeping this, I already have enough on my plate with family, pets, work, etc. Like the OP, I looked at the Mustang and Camaro and in addition to both having cheap interiors, the Mustang has its fair share of engine issues and overall quality issues. I can't see anything out of the Camaro and I don't think I would get use to it. I'm not even going to get into the Germans having previously owned a BMW and Mercedes, so the RC F seems to be in the lead. Thanks again and enjoy you RC 350 F-Sport!
Old 03-20-20, 06:53 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Personally I would pick the RCF over the Corvette due to the Audio System. I drive this car to and from work every now and again and love listening to my music at high volume, something the Lexus does better than the Corvette if for no other reason than the larger cabin makes this a possibility.

C7 Corvette Pros VS RCF
1. Performance - medium nod
2. Corvette Club
3. Looks - slight nod?
4. Gimmicks (Electronics)
5. Less expensive after market parts

C7 Cons VS RCF
1. Audio
2. Less exclusive (see more around town)
3. Reliability
4. Less Roomy / Comfortable
AconRX (03-23-20)

Quick Reply: New RCF Owner