Lexus RCF track edition hotlap

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-20, 09:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Default Lexus RCF track edition hotlap

The following 4 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
hktiger (06-16-20), JT2MA71 (06-20-20), Mingofish (06-20-20), OldManRCF (06-17-20)
Old 06-17-20, 10:43 AM
ProfSCCA
Driver

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

Good acceleration off the corners due to the track-friendly new gear ratio.
You can tell the thing really needs to have tons of negative camber dialed in...if only the front control arms allowed for flexibility.
Do you know what tire pressure was run? I have picked up three seconds on tracks by going up 5 psi cold over the recommended in the door sills. I know...I doubted it would happen too. I did it to prove the track manager wrong. I was proved wrong! Dang! Cars with zero degrees front camber stinkin' FLY with increased air pressure (300 treadwear and below).
Thanks for posting. I need to go get some track time!
Old 06-17-20, 11:06 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfSCCA
You can tell the thing really needs to have tons of negative camber dialed in...if only the front control arms allowed for flexibility.
Do you know what tire pressure was run? I have picked up three seconds on tracks by going up 5 psi cold over the recommended in the door sills. I know...I doubted it would happen too. I did it to prove the track manager wrong. I was proved wrong! Dang! Cars with zero degrees front camber stinkin' FLY with increased air pressure (300 treadwear and below).
Not sure what tire pressures it was using, but I agree on my new XL rated Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, I run 42 PSI rear and 39 psi front cold when it is parked overnight in the garage. The grip and resistance-to-roll is incredible at that PSI. I cannot break traction off-the-line or in the turns.
Old 06-17-20, 12:34 PM
Yri
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the stock specifications for the RC F are like -1.1 to -1.2 camber for the front, and that its -2.0 to -2.1 for the rear (if the suspension isn't damaged)... So technically it isn't zero camber. Like a said, correct me if I am wrong
Old 06-17-20, 08:40 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 06-20-20, 08:21 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Yri
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the stock specifications for the RC F are like -1.1 to -1.2 camber for the front, and that its -2.0 to -2.1 for the rear (if the suspension isn't damaged)... So technically it isn't zero camber. Like a said, correct me if I am wrong
Thats sounds close and it’s static.
My car, which is lowered just a little, had around 1.4 on the front before I had Fuca installed, so stock height should be just a tad less. Guessing like 1.0

While cornering when the suspension squats, the camber will increases so im guessing a stock rcf during hard cornering would be at like 1.5’ish.

Currently running 2.8 static in the front. Seems to be good for most fast tracks.
i check the tire temp and the inside vs outside is only max like 5 degrees different.
Typically only 2-3 degrees.
The following users liked this post:
Yri (06-21-20)
Old 06-20-20, 08:23 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

if you interested, looking to sell T-demand Fuca.
Old 06-21-20, 01:53 PM
Yri
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Thats sounds close and it’s static.
My car, which is lowered just a little, had around 1.4 on the front before I had Fuca installed, so stock height should be just a tad less. Guessing like 1.0

While cornering when the suspension squats, the camber will increases so im guessing a stock rcf during hard cornering would be at like 1.5’ish.

Currently running 2.8 static in the front. Seems to be good for most fast tracks.
i check the tire temp and the inside vs outside is only max like 5 degrees different.
Typically only 2-3 degrees.
There was an alignment paper shown on these forums that shows the stock camber at around -1.2 for the front and -2.0 for the rear. Those numbers also align with the specifications, where the camber for the front can be anywhere from -1.2 to 0.3, or the rear where it was -2.3 to -0.8. And yes, this car does run a decent about of positive caster, so it would have more camber during hard cornering. -2.8 seems like a bit much, then again these cars do have a bit of body roll, so then again maybe not

Last edited by Yri; 06-21-20 at 02:01 PM.