RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Takeda Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-20, 04:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by javrabbit
Im sold, definitely going to pick one of these up before i get the dyno tune so i can make use of the higher air flow and better sound.

OP, i can get one and ship it to you from Arizona if you're interested. PM me.
That would be interesting to see how the dyno looks like with the Takeda on.
Old 07-29-20, 08:49 PM
RCFNN
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just installed today way better sound
The following 2 users liked this post by RCFNN:
05RollaXRS (07-29-20), bajong (07-31-20)
Old 07-29-20, 08:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Wow! That was quick. Great to hear you really like it. Definitely, amps up the anticipation for it. I will get rid of those stickers and make it look really clean and OEM.

Originally Posted by RCFNN

Old 07-29-20, 10:57 PM
RCFNN
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea i took them off haha
Old 07-31-20, 11:35 AM
bajong
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great!
Old 11-23-20, 09:54 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

So you can just get the Takeda intake tube and still hook it up to the stock air box, like your picture shows? Everywhere I've seen has the cone filter which I don't want. I want just the tube to hear a bit more of the intake. I like OEM/stock filters honestly. They design a system that works. Not saying the cone filter doesn't but I feel like longevity and reliability are what I am going for. I don't need to make more power, just would like the sound.

https://www.proimporttuners.com/part...ir-intake.html
That comes with the cone filter, I can't seem to find just the tube. Unless you buy the above and not use the cone filter?

-Nigel
Old 11-23-20, 11:50 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The intake comes with everything with it including the assembly that fits with the stock airbox and it houses the conical filter. It has a conical velocity stack filter for higher airflow into the tube. If you want to go with just the tube then there are other options like the RR racing carbon elbow or the ModInJapan Titanium silver/blue, which looks great. However, in order to gain more induction noise and some added midrange punch and a bit more power, the filter is essentially the thing that increases the "snarl" effect through higher volume of airflow as well as the vibration of the filter (as the housing holding the filter is made of flexible rubber so the filter moves when you are in high rpms). Switching out just the pipe with another paper filter will essentially sound like stock. You won't get more deeper/growling induction noise without a conical velocity stack.

Originally Posted by nigel821
So you can just get the Takeda intake tube and still hook it up to the stock air box, like your picture shows? Everywhere I've seen has the cone filter which I don't want. I want just the tube to hear a bit more of the intake. I like OEM/stock filters honestly. They design a system that works. Not saying the cone filter doesn't but I feel like longevity and reliability are what I am going for. I don't need to make more power, just would like the sound.

https://www.proimporttuners.com/part...ir-intake.html
That comes with the cone filter, I can't seem to find just the tube. Unless you buy the above and not use the cone filter?

-Nigel